ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE - DECEMBER 2012 #26

This post has 369 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 8:55 PM

Bonnie- Welcome to our expanding group. It's so nice to see new artists coming in with wonderful quality pieces. Your copper pots of Christmas lights are excellent. I love the reflection on the well polished table. The drawing of a hand is also well done. Agree with Sammy about feeling the weight of the hand on the cookie cutter. Great job. 

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 9:03 PM

Jim -Or formerly James. It's difficult to break the habit even though you have fewer letters to type, I still like the name James though. But I will have to get used to Jim.

This is a WOW painting/drawing. I kept coming back to look at them two hands. They are compelling. Great job.

Right Hug Sandi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 9:07 PM

Catherine- Good start on the hand. The light and the dark will make it alive. Will wait to see the finished.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 6:20 AM

Thanks Sandi very much you can call me James or Jim, most of  my family and some of my friends call me James usually so I'm used to both

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 3:31 PM

This is my contribution to this months challenge.  It is 7 x 10 colored pencil on tan Stathmore pastel paper

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 4:03 PM

Way to go Geri I like the glint in his eyes definately a preditor

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 4:05 PM

Way to go Geri I lie the glint in his eyes definately a preditor

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 4:13 PM

Geri:   Very very nice ,   you took your time to develop what turns out to be a pretty CP Piece.   the back ground is great letting you see the camoflage the owl does his hiding in.   I would only have one tiny critique,   the eye on the left, the pupil should be the same size as the pupil on the right which is easy to fix.   that is my only comment and only because I know you like to get a critique....  I think all in all you did an outstanding job.   congrats.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 5:26 PM

Geri I like the white owl very much! White on a white background seems like it would be hard to do but you've done a good job of it. The one eye is a bit smaller but maybe it's just an old owl and he favors the bigger eye ;)

Susan, Geri and Sandi... Your cards are wonderful and it's so fun to have them as part of my Christmas decorations this year!

I'm plugging away at my left hand but my hands in real life aren't attractive as I've used my hands for everything in my life and between the swollen knuckles, scars and various spots they sure aren't very pretty anymore. Sometimes I wear a thumb ring so if I can do it I maybe will add that for some prettyness.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 6:49 PM

Geri- You developed the background for the owl to peek out. I had to go back to page one to understand the white delicate wrapping around his/her body. To me it looks too cute to be a male bird. Her eyes are fierce and determined. Look out! she may have her babies hiding somewhere behind her. Good job.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 12 Dec 2012 7:04 PM

Geri, You just zeroed in on that snow owl and did a good job of camouflaging him in the snow.  I think the values of his markings could be varied and some of them could be much darker.  Nonetheless, this is a very nice painting.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 10:37 PM

Thank you for your comments.  Marsha his eye on the left is a little smaller than the other.  I didn't notice it on the original but after it was reduced in size it was very apparent.  Sam I had trouble with the tooth of the paper filling up and it was hard to get as deep of a value as I wanted.  same held true for the white.  Some places the brown shows threw more than I would like.  I was pretty happy with the way the corn stalks turned out but I had trouble around his (or herWink) beak.  I guess I am going to breaking down and buy some stonehinge or Mititues paper If I am going to get serious about these colored pencils.  I know that Marsha uses stonehinge a lot what do you the rest of you use??

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 12 Dec 2012 11:49 PM

Geri, I have used the smooth side of Canson Mi-Tientes and Crescent Illustration Board.  Frequently, I use hot pressed watercolor paper especially if I want to put a watercolor wash on first.  You can even use card stock.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,595
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Dec 2012 1:11 AM
Catherine, you are doing well with hands. Keep it up and I am anxious to see the end results. I have been busy getting last minute gifts and getting ready for my trip so haven't done any more hands or anything else! GERI, well done on the owl. White on white with CP is certainly not easy but he has lots of personality. Nice work on the branches too.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 13 Dec 2012 5:48 AM

Hand as of 6:30 a.m. this morning. I'll probably go back to it in a day or two. It's an odd pose I think and I'm going to do another one using a different angle.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Page 13 of 25 (370 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS