ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE - DECEMBER 2012 #26

This post has 369 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 5 Dec 2012 2:21 PM

Suzette:   Welcome,  I remember lurking for about a year before I joined in and Now I have a whole new group of friends that I look forward to chatting with,   Its better that facebook....  your art is amazing and I look forward to seeing you post it here.   again Welcome

Marsha

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 5 Dec 2012 4:25 PM

Welcome Jordan and Suzette! It is interesting to see how everyone else portrays the challenge photos and there is a lot of good advice along with constructive suggestions here.

Jordan your bottle and candle are very nice!

Suzette your wildlife art is so good! I'm anxious to see the work you do with the challenges.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 53
Points 780
suzgriffon wrote
on 5 Dec 2012 5:08 PM

wow! Thank you all for the kind words.  I really like the idea behind this board because I know sometimes I have a hard time coming up with ideas.  You've already done a lot of the work for me by providing such great photo combinations!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 5 Dec 2012 7:08 PM

Alex- I love your sketch of the nativity scene. It is promising to become a nice watercolor painting. I can see the motherly expression of the lady already. Keep at it. I can't wait to see the finished piece.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 5 Dec 2012 7:31 PM

Jordan and Suzette- Welcome to our little group. I am glad that you both decided to join instead of just looking. We are having fun here and  we are happy to meet new friends.

Jordan- Your acrylic painting of the bottle is very good. It has reflection of the light that making it look like glass. The screen lines are o.k. nice and strong and some are curvy like all screens do.  Did you paint on the dark board or you painted it black before you started your painting? I like painting on black background too. It really set off whatever colors you put on. Acrylic is my favorite medium too since it's very giving.

Yes, you can pick and paint as many as you want from any Challenges even from the previous ones that were posted earlier, Just be sure to post it in the right Challenge. When you post it your post will show up on top line and we will know that there is a new painting just being submitted.

Hope to see more work from you soon.

Suzette- Can't wait to see your work posted.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,052
Points 46,410
on 5 Dec 2012 7:34 PM

Welcome, Jordan and Suzette! We’re very happy to have you join us!

Jordan, nothing like taking the most difficult subject (candle in a jar) right out of the gate! It’s beautifully done.

Sandi, thank you for your kind words. Just to let you know I’m not just goofing off here in the Shenandoah Valley, here is my Madonna and Child based on Marsha’s nativity scene photo. It’s at about 35 to 40% right now but it is showing promise, I think. Still needs more watercolor, pen-and-ink, and a touch of gouache. I’m making myself stop working on it each day when I start to get impatient and want to hurry—that always leads me into disaster! The drawing is 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" on hot press watercolor paper.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 5 Dec 2012 7:36 PM

Alex what a sweet little painting! It reminds me of an icon.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 5 Dec 2012 7:43 PM

Alex- Wow!- I am falling in love with the softness of the Mother and Child. Take your time but when you finish I suggest you post it in the Christmas card contest in the Galleries. Just click on Galleries it will show the menu choices. The cutoff date is Dec. 17th.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 5 Dec 2012 8:13 PM

ALEX:  the Madonna and Child is soooo nice,.    AND  SMALL;   wow.   I personally like it like it is,   it is dreamy....   love it

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 5 Dec 2012 9:10 PM

Alex, what a precious little gem your nativity painting is.  I love the simple elegance of it.  The beautiful background colors compliment the images beautifully.  The faces are so sweet.  It's is incredible that you achieved this lovely work on such a small format.  Well done. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 5 Dec 2012 11:38 PM

This is my very first soft pastel.    kinda messy to do.   9x6 Stonehenge

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 6 Dec 2012 2:06 AM

Marsha, you captured the wooden Santa's expression exactly.  He certainly looks merry and jolly with a twinkle in his eyes.  Ho! Ho! Ho!  Well done! 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 6 Dec 2012 3:29 AM

I thought for a minute I had the first page and this was the actual picture! This is so good!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 6 Dec 2012 6:09 AM

Marsha- Great job for the one who use OP for the first time. It's clean not messy at all plus you portray the shine and the likeness real well. Super!

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 6 Dec 2012 7:15 AM

Wow am I behind here , welcome Jordan and Suzette a very nice acrylic work Jordan it's my favorite medium

Catherine I like all of your work nice santa sketch

Alex both renderings of the nativity scene are well done

And Marsha I do not know what soft pastels are but I still appreciate the difficulty of working with a new medium great job

James

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Page 5 of 25 (370 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS