Challenge #25 - November 2012

This post has 245 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 9:14 AM

Thank you Sandi ,Susan and Sam

Nice santa card Sandi I think he is leaning because of the big bag of toys next to him               James

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 9:34 AM

James- I wrote a comment on your Polar bear on a piece of paper but forgot it last night so here it is:

Your Polar bear is very...very good. The water is wonderfully believable. Also love your BG and rocks, in fact everything about it. This shows you can do serious painting very well too.

Agree with you about the bag pushing Santa to lean.Big Smile

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 9:41 AM

Here is my final finished Christmas card. I reworked the pond and the moon reflection, grounded the sleigh and redid the horse's face. Hope it looks a bit better.

Right Hug Sandi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 21 Nov 2012 10:46 AM

It looks great, Sandi.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 3:31 PM

Thank you SusanA, Catherine and Sammy for nice comments. Especially Sammy for looking at it the second time. I did post it on the Christmas card contest in the Galleries just to show the spirit. There are really good pieces there that are much better than mine. 

Happy Thanksgiving Every One

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 4:00 PM

Sandi:  nice to see you back and hope you are feeling better.    I love your sleigh and since everyone has weighed in on Santa,  here is my take...   Santa is breaking in a new colt, he has just come DOWN a hill,  and is really having to do some pulling to make that colt stop and make that turn,  he could have a foot brake he is working as well.  The toy/gift bag he is sharing his seat with is really stuffed full of goodies but I feel as he goes through the night he will have more room on the seat and the little horse that "could" will be ready for anything in the future...   Sandi I love your charming Christmas scene, and incorporating several Challenge elements into it made is better...   kuddos to you .

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,595
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 4:47 PM
Sandi, this is a lovely Christmas scene and I am glad you have grounded Santa's sleigh. I think the lean is perfect and suggests Santa trying to help turn the sleigh for the horse. (like a Mum opening her mouth every time she pops a bite onto her baby's mouth) He is a bit crowded with all the toys pushing into him but hopefully he will be able to stretch out on the way home. Perfect!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 8:29 PM

Marsha- Thanks so much for looking and imagining what happens in the scene. I am fine and will finish my PT course next week. My doc wrote an RX for me to learn to build my body from the legs up to get a good foundation to support my Osteoporotic hips and spine and learn to balance myself better so I won't fall down and break my bones. Hope you are doing better too from the scary episode that took you to the hospital.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 8:35 PM

Jen- Thanks you for your kind words. I think I must have instinctively painted the scene the way you have described. Thanks for helping me out with the story line. It is more fun when we join in our thinking with friends.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,595
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 8:43 PM
Sandi good luck with all the PT. I think I may need the same thing my hip has been giving me trouble and my balance is bad. I guess we are all cracking up. At least we have each other to keep us laughing! Ho ho ho. Oh no Sammy says it's gobble gobble!! Take care.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 22 Nov 2012 10:02 PM

Hi all I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.  We are having ours tomorrow so that more family can be here.  We are down in Jens neck of the woods Arkansas.  Great weather I wish I would have brought some shorts.

To make a long story short my sister in-law was having some problems after the death of a family member and she jokingly said she sure would like one of my pictures.  I said what do you want.  She said I don't know something in black & white.  So I drew her this picture of a little country church and gave it to her for an early Christmas present.  She liked it so all was good.

Pen & Ink on Bristol 5x7

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,595
Turps245 wrote
on 22 Nov 2012 10:20 PM
Hi Geri, where are you? Better put your long John's on it is supposed to get cold again tomorrow! Hope you had a fun Thanksgivong. I have our daughter and family here and I enjoyed a morning at the park with my grandson while my daughter and SIL cooked dinner. Pretty good deal really and good food too. I love this pen and ink you did of the sweet little country church. What a nice gift. I am sure she was thrilled with it, and the fact that you had drawn it just for her made it extra special.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 23 Nov 2012 9:11 AM

Geri- This is beautiful pen and ink painting. Like the way you did the background: sky and trees. The building has depth. I tried pen and ink too and had problems with strong lines. I would have to try making it softer esp. when dealing with the skies. Good job, I am not surprised your SIL liked it.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 23 Nov 2012 9:26 AM

Geri, what a nice pen and ink drawing for your sister-in-law.  It has a fresh, spontaneous look to it and is framed nicely.   

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 23 Nov 2012 9:27 AM

Excellant job Geri ,beautiffuly framed and matted as well

Jim C&C welcomed

Page 12 of 17 (246 items) « First ...  < Previous  10 11 12 13 14  Next >  ... Last » | RSS