on 15 Nov 2012 8:12 AM

Green Elves and Spam ?

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 15 Nov 2012 9:09 AM

James, so the princess and the frog showed up for Christmas and he is all decked out in Christmas attire.  It looks like she is holding a palette and he is busily painting Christmas balls.  Interesingt take on those copper buckets.  Another fun painting, James.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Points 22,435
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 12:45 PM

Catherine I would happily take your picture of the lump of coal.  I must apologize for not responding.  I have been keeping up with what everybody was saying through my Email.  I got behind in responding and I forgot who I had talked to and who I hadn't.  So everyone that I have not commented on your post I am sorry.

Now back to the subject of your card painting.  I see you are a John Lennon fan.  I like the way you did your blue wash as the  sky and continued it on down to be the distant background.  You added a few darker blue shapes to represent distant trees which is neat.

I find that conifers are hard to paint.  That is one of the reason I did my pic. in Pen & Ink.  You have done a nice job but maybe a little more yellow glow from the little tree to show that it is really shinning.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 2:16 PM

James I like your idea here lol. from the look on the face of the princess elf she is pretty much done with the whole task of holding the frog's palette.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 2:31 PM

Geri I couldn't paint you a lump of coal lol as you've given me too much good art advice! Besides I still can't paint a good reflection from anything on anything. 

Actually, I've never really been a Beatles fan but there are some parts of some of their music I like and the "but we all shine on" was such an inspiring lyric. Yes, not only can I not paint conifers of any sort  but I also don't do middle ground objects well either. Need to work on all of that. I will add more yellow glow coming from the little tree as I also noticed it needed a little more yellow shine.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Points 22,435
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 8:11 PM

I love the Beatles among others But one of my favorite lines is by the Grateful Dead "Some times the light is shining on me other times I can barley see lately it appears to me what a long strange trip its been.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Points 22,435
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 8:15 PM

A fried Spam sandwich fried till the edges just start to get crisp with a big chunck of garden fresh tomato taste pretty good.  I don,t know why they put it in a bucket.Wink  cute picture james.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,721
Points 44,835
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 9:47 PM
James great take on the bucket of baubles!! I agree the fairy looks thoroughly bored with her frog's painting. Maybe she is just not an artist!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,721
Points 44,835
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 9:51 PM
Sammy thanks for the advice. It is pretty white so will have to see how it prints up. I think Howard would have hissy if I bought something else now!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 16 Nov 2012 5:48 AM

Thank you Sam , Catherine ,Geri and Jen  .This was the hardest princess painting I have ever done her head is less than an inch in size and I wanted to give her a bored aloof expression to show she was not happy with the frog I must have suceeded again thank you all    

James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 16 Nov 2012 10:20 AM

Jen, your polar bear and elf are charming. I love the way the elf’s hand rests on the polar bear’s shoulder.

James, you succeeded! The fairy princess has a look on her face that says, “When will this be over?”

It is so great that everyone put his or her own stamp on the November photos—all wonderful, all very individual.

Sam, thank you for your notes on how to print cards. No wonder my whites weren't white!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 16 Nov 2012 1:12 PM

Time to catch up again I'm caught up with my wifes requests for a few days again

Jen I really like your bear with his elfrider , Elfrider  I like that  would make a  make a great illustration 

Catherine hope this week is better for you the Lennon quote fits your winter scene ,nicely done

Marsha another very nice winter scene , very peacefully inviting

Marsha "Bright Copper Kettles" you bet beautiffully done

and Alex  love your hmmm, cute santa too

Alex thanks for your nice comment   That was the look I wanted to give her exactly.                                 James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 16 Nov 2012 10:17 PM

My goodness I have just had quiet an ordeal....   I went to the hospital a couple of days ago with chest pains and just this hour got home....  after being stuck, probed, stress tested, and every other thing that goes into a stressful hospital stay... with that all said,  I am doing ok and after some very high blood pressure, colestrol findings and a full blown case of fibromyalgia in my chest and back, I am happy to be home again,  maybe I can get some sleep tonight....

Now on a brighter note: 

James:  I noticed the look on the fairies face as well but I thought she was posing for his painting, and she was wishing he would hurry up because she was also tired of holding his palette for him....   I love the painting....    I give my husband things to do all the time....

Alex:  Thank you so very much again for the kind comments.

Bob:  I sent you and email regarding your music, but I will comment here about your art...  It is truly amazing the talent you have in so many art venues....  you are so left brained.

Sam:  Have a great time with your GK and look forward to your return.  I found that my epson printer prints on thick paper and tried out a couple of cards scanned from the original and they turned out really well.  

I am glad Courtney came through with the card contest.  We all will certainly have fun with that....

JEN:  My husband suggested getting a box of envelopes a walgreens or walmart.   I will look into that possibility as well. 

Geri:   Special Processed American Meat is what "SPAM"  means   just a piece of trivia...  The red cross supplied the POW's in Germany during WWII with Cans of Spam....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 16 Nov 2012 11:07 PM

Green Elves and Spam?  I have no idea what they are doing Sam may have it right the frog is painting.   Nice job where do you come up with the ideas?  I just don't have that in me.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 8:59 AM

First Marsha I wish you a fast recovery and hope things continue to improve for you

Thanks for your comments Marsha and Joyce when I had the painting almost done it reminded me of the grinch which also came green eggs and ham bringing green elves so I added elves ear earmuffs and used spam as in comp. spam  thats the princess's opinion anyway       James

Jim C&C welcomed

Page 10 of 17 (246 items) « First ...  < Previous  8 9 10 11 12  Next >  ... Last » | RSS