Challenge #25 - November 2012

This post has 245 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 7:26 PM
Geri, sorry I didn't mean to miss you. I love your Santa. You have come up with your own unique design and he is darn cute too!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 7:32 PM
Marsha thanks I will look into it once I can get back on the computer! Sammy love those yeasteryear cards of yours you do such a great job. Look forward to seeing what you come up with this year!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 9 Nov 2012 12:40 PM

I've been asked if the addresses gathered for the Christmas card exchange will be posted.  No. Absolutely not.  We are all trying to protect ourselves from hacker and scammers and it was never my intention that any private information be posted publicly.  If you want to receive a card from someone, send a message to them via the Conversation system.  Be sure to include your address.  Each artist is responsible for maintaining their own list. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 9 Nov 2012 3:38 PM

That is right...  I have already collected a few and started a little address book in my drawer for just my art friends.  I am looking forward to  sending and receiving cards...   the conversation message is safe and secure....  

I just heard through the grapevine that we will be having another Christmas Card "Hallmark Move Over "  event here on Artist Daily.....   I've been told to "Stay Tuned".......

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 9 Nov 2012 3:42 PM

Good, the Christmas card contest was fun.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 9 Nov 2012 8:14 PM

I was playing around last night and tried this one out.  Santa has a Dilemma... He lost weight, got skinnier trees and now has trouble getting down a chimney ...   This is watercolor.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 12,300
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 9 Nov 2012 9:16 PM

I used Photo Card Maker whichi is free, I just downloaded it to make the card with the bear so I'm not to sure about what all you can do with it but seems to be easy to use. 

Sam I hope you are getting better as well as your daughter.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 12,300
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 9 Nov 2012 11:21 PM

Sammy your art is outstanding and a card from you and all my artists friends here would be wonderful. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 10 Nov 2012 6:49 AM

Marsha, what a cute painting of the skinny Santa and trees.  He just doesn't look like Santa with the weight off.  You did a really good job with his face.  I love the original trees - very different and creative.  It's terrible that he's have trouble getting down the chimney.  This is a fun and creative painting.  Should make a fun card.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,047
Points 46,325
on 10 Nov 2012 5:57 PM

Susan, your undersea Christmas is charming and creative. I love the way each fish has an individual personality and the way holiday decorations are incorporated! Great Christmas card!

Geri, what a wonderful pen-and-ink of Santa! I disagree about it being too cartoonish.

Marsha, your holliday avatar is so sweet with Santa and the reindeer. So many creative ideas in this group, so little time!

Joyce Lydia, a wonderful and expresive light-hearted rendering of a bear - makes such a good card!

Jen, so nice to see you!

Sam, such a nice idea about the Christmas cards and mailing them to each other. Your Nativity and Santa are luminous.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 10 Nov 2012 10:40 PM
Marsha I love your skinny Santa and trees. It will make a great card. He looks a bit like Frank Sinatra with a beard! Yep I am on Marsha's list. If anyone wants to get a card from me just drop me a line. I worked some more on mine today and it is coming along. Still can't post because my computer is down still. Thanks for the card info Marsha and Joyce. I hope I can put one together once I have finished it. It has been giving me a bit of a hard time because I am making stuff up and light source can be tricky.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 11 Nov 2012 9:13 AM

Well, this is my first attempt at creating a painting for a Christmas card.  I'm not at all happy with it but have two other ideas.  I still have to figure out how to make a card since I lost my card program when I bought this new computer.

This is quite a conglomeration of media and techniques.  Ink was used for the drawing on Kinwaski Japanese rice paper.  Then I painted with watercolor.  After that dried, I added some Neocolor 11 water soluble crayon.  Then I splattered with dark wc paint.  That's why it looks dirty in some place.  Then I splattered with white acrylic.  I added some more snow flakes with a white pencil.  The streaks you see are the fibers in the paper.

8"x5" Mixed Media on Rice Paper 

• | Post Points: 110
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 11 Nov 2012 12:10 PM

Sammy, I love this, is this for sale or maybe we can all a Christmas card with this painting.

Marsha, I love santa and the tree's, this is also perfect for Christmas cards.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Nov 2012 1:05 PM
Sammy, your Santa makes me smile. He looks a little bemused as if Mrs Santa just handed him the tree to take to the neighbours and he thinks "I have this big sackful of toys and now she wants me to deliver this!"!!! What a lot of steps to make it but it has such interesting textures and subtle shadows. Makes a great card!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 11 Nov 2012 2:42 PM

It looks like you're peeking at him through a frosted window pane. Very neat!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Page 6 of 17 (246 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS