Challenge #25 - November 2012

This post has 245 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,438
Points 23,090
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 10:22 PM

Joyce cute little bear and it makes a nice card too.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,844
Points 47,395
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 10:23 PM
Marsha you are really rocking with those CP's! I love the edginess of your bear he looks very at home in his wild surroundings. He will make and interesting Christmas card. NADINE, welcome I hope you join in with us. We are all friendly!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,844
Points 47,395
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 10:26 PM
ALEX, what a sweet little bear. He looks so cuddly. Nice work with the WC. MARSHA, Santa looks very wise with his woodsy branch and velvety hat. It makes a great card!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,844
Points 47,395
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 10:29 PM
Susan glad to see you back too. I love the Christmas fish makes a refreshing change and you just make things with a little twist. Nice job and great card! JOYCE I really like your version of the bear very simple and illustrative and perfect for a Christmas card. You have come a long way baby!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 10:46 PM

What a delight, Joyce your card is fantastic and so very good, will wait for mine in the mail in December or before! ;o)  Marsha, your Christmas card is perfect also and also love Alex's santa. Can you imagine all of our paintings on our personal cards? Wow.....I just love this group of artist and all you have to share, Thank you all of you.    Asusanrae

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 6:37 AM

Thanks everyone I was going for "cute card".  Susan can't wait for my card from you...and I think I am framing it and putting it up on a wall.  Susan said it well "I just love this group of artist and all you have to share, Thank you all of you.    Asusanrae", and that goes for me too I also love this group of artist and all the sharing, thanks.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 8 Nov 2012 8:14 AM

I have tears in my eyes as a result of how thrilled I am to see the wonderful, delightful, creative work by you fantastic artists.

Marsha, your card is beautiful.  The way you put it together is super creative.  It will surely be appreciated and enjoyed by all your friends.

Joyce, this polar bear card is soooo impressive.  The artwork is soooo creative and attractive.  It's soooo nice that the trees in the background are spaced unevenly.  You have come a long way, baby.  A big part of the creativity comes from taking a subject and making it into something of your own.  You can be very, very proud of this card. 

I'm wondering if we should exchange addresses and send cards to each other.  Those that have been posted so far would be treasures.  That means I would have to make a card.  Sigh!  I've been quite sick since Monday with head and chest congestion and a sore throat but I'm feeling human again this morning.  For the past three days it's been difficult to focus or concentrate.  I haven't been able to see my daughter because we don't want her to get sick.  Coughing and sneezing would not be fun with cracked ribs.   

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 10:13 AM

Sammy, I'm so sorry you're sick, you are being prayed for, be sure and chew Vitamin C and take Vitamin D3. (huge difference) I would love to be on a C.Card exchange. What a great idea.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 8 Nov 2012 10:40 AM

If you want to get on somebody's Christmas card list, click on their avatar and then on Start a Conversation to give them your address and request a CC..  To check your Conversation file, click on Conversations at the top right corner of any page.

I have to start thinking about what I want to do for a Christmas card this year.  I thought I would cheat and use something from past years but won't do that.  I'll show you a couple that I have done.  These are both realism but I am going to think along the lines of Joyce's stylized bear.

This Nativity is done with colored pencil and is 10"x14" on illustration board.  My aim was to make everything light and beige with the faces being dominate.

This Santa is soft pastels and I don't remember what paper.  It also is 10"X14."  This is from last year's Challenge.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 10:45 AM

All of these Christmas card paintings are just beautiful! I have absolutely nothing done in the lines of the Nov. Challenge Christmas pictures! Maybe by Dec. 24th I'll be caught up!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 3:59 PM

Sammy great idea , I would be in sending out my address to all, nice idea.

thanks again to everyone who cc's me back

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,844
Points 47,395
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 4:46 PM
Sammy get well soon! I think the Christmas card idea is fun . I guess I would have to print it out as I do mine on sanded pastel paper. Marsha and Joyce how do you put the words in? Do you use photo shop or word? I guess I could print it out like a post card. I made a start today at our new art place. Such a delight to be back painting with the group. You all inspired me! I spent a lot of time just setting up my stuff and chatting but did eventually make a start! My mainframe is acting up and causing Howard to swear but as soon as it is fixed I will send a picture.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 5:14 PM

WOW busy site here today....  

Jen:  There are several ways to create a card,  of course photoshop for those who have it or are able to use it.  but if you google free christmas cards  you can peruse the sites available that will allow you to insert your own picture into a pre-made background,  some will allow you to make your own caption.  I personally used photoshop and created my own caption.  But I make flyers for my job all the time.   I don' know how Joyce did her darling card.

SAM: GET WELL!!!   Your cards are wonderful.   I remember the santa being posted last year as well.  Your work is always something to aspire to.  Thank you for your compliments.  Dive in and make yourself paint or draw a little... It may help lift your spirits.  I hope your daughter is feeling better,  I have had many broken ribs in my life and understand the pain...  5-6 weeks to heal...  by the way that is how I found out I have osteoporosis ..

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 5:37 PM

SAM:  I love the idea of a Christmas Card exchange.  make sure Fred gets in on it as well. 

Cathrine,  its definitely not to late to get encouraged.... now with the exchange you just have to join in...

Joyce, Susan, Alex, Geri,  Jen, Catherine,  looking forward to more happy art from everyone....  I hope to hear from Sandi as well.... Everyone here is great....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 6:39 PM

Sammy........Your painting are simply beautiful, nothing less than perfect.

Berkenstock.......I don't know why my first comment didn't show on your Santa, but that Santa is amazing work, Hallmark would buy the rights to this Santa to put on their cards.

So amazed on the paintings from Marsha, Alex, and Joyce's also, WOW.

Page 5 of 17 (246 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS