Challenge #25 - November 2012

This post has 245 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 31 Oct 2012 8:07 PM

Welcome to ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE – November 2012

Challenge: Create artwork based on any or all of these photos and themes. Use any medium and any style. Stick to the photo(s) exactly or just use them as a starting point - feel free to change colors, composition, add or subtract elements or take a complete departure. In other words, HAVE FUN and keep painting!

Target Posting Date:    November 1, 2012 – November 30, 2012

BE SURE TO POST YOUR WORK HERE IN THIS THREAD SO OUR CHALLENGES WON'T GET CONFUSED WITH EACH OTHER.

Another posting note: When you post your painting, be sure to “sign” your post with the name that you wish for participants to use when replying to your post. We are gaining new participants all the time and it is sometimes difficult to remember who posted what. An alternative would be to create a “signature line” that will automatically appear on each one of your posts. (If anyone needs instructions on how to do that, let Sam know and she will send instructions to you.)

(To submit photos and suggestions for these challenges, please start a "conversation" with Holly [holland2] here on this forum and attach your photo or photos. OR – volunteer to host the thread for a specific month. Check out the Volunteer Hosting Schedule thread.)

These Christmas and Winter subjects are being posted this month to give artist's the time needed to paint Christmas cards.  Enjoy!

Happy Painting!

Thanksgiving Still Life - photo from Public Domain

Santa - this photo was taken by me at a neighborhood recreation center.

Christmas Balls in Cooper Pots - this photo was taken by me at a neighborhood recreation center.

Christmas Still Life - from Public Domain

Polar Bear on the Rocks - from Public Domain

Christmas Wreath - from Public Domain

Snow Frosted Lamp Post - from Public Domain 

Winter Wonderland - from Public Domain

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 215
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 31 Oct 2012 9:34 PM

Thank you Sam well done.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 31 Oct 2012 9:47 PM
Thanks Sammy you got a good selection there. Sorry you had trouble but glad it was sorted quickly.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Nov 2012 3:08 AM

Thanks Sam...  Great Christmas Card stuff what about fall, thanksgiving and the nativity.  did you find any of these or should I post them in December?   your choices are great.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 1 Nov 2012 5:11 AM

Thank you Sam. I like all of the pictues you've picked for us. The basket of fruit has so many soft colors in it. I might try that one.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 1 Nov 2012 5:44 AM

Marsha, I posted the pumpkins photo and the apples photo in September for fall.  I only had the one Thanksgiving still life.  You should post whatever you want for December. You'll find that you can't please all the people all the time.  Sorry.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 1 Nov 2012 6:49 AM

FYI:  I am  bit overwhelmed right now and have been for the past two weeks.  My daughter has cracked two ribs and is in a lot of pain.  I have been going to help her several times a week which are all days trips since it is an hour and half drive each way.  I'm be there tomorrow and will be cooking some things for her today.  I need your help to keep this thread going by posting and commenting on any work that is posted.  I know it is my responsibility to host this thread but this can't be helped.  Thanks.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 1 Nov 2012 7:10 AM

Sam sometimes we have to do what we have to do.  Take care of your daughter and we will be fine here.  Hope every thing works out OK.  Broke ribs can be pretty nasty.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Nov 2012 10:20 AM
Sammy don't worry about a thing just take care of your daughter. Stuff happens and you have to deal with it. I will be back Sunday and will be able to get my iPad back from the Curly One so can get back to commenting! As Geri said we will be fine.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 1 Nov 2012 2:00 PM

Sammy- You offered a good variety of subjects. It will be difficult to pick. The fruit basket seems attractive to me but so is the rest of them. Don't worry about commenting, We got Jen back and I will also try to participate. I am sure other people will too. I can see Geri and Marsha- they are so good at comments and critiques, Joyce's comments are good and nice, and even James and Fred have done comments too. Other people whom I failed to name please come in and join in. Your help is very welcome.

Hope your daughter will be better soon. Broken bones usually take about six to eight weeks to completely healed without further complication. Best wished for both you and your daughter.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 1 Nov 2012 8:44 PM

Sam, I'll echo the others. The November photo selection is excellent; the variety lends itself to a broad cross-section of tastes. And, more importantly, I'm glad you can be there for your daughter.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 1 Nov 2012 9:05 PM

Love the picture but wow they do look hard, where is the easy picture for me to do?  Snow!  How do you do that!  Trees I hate them, I can not do them.  Apples they must be like oranges and with Sammy help I did oranges.  Santa has eyes never!  mmmm I could have Santa sleeping.   Christmas balls again like oranges!!  So I guess that leaves me with the door or the bear picture or Santa sleeping.  What to do, I do love them all. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 2 Nov 2012 7:38 PM

Joyce, don't forget that you don't have to do the reference photos as they are.  You can zero in on a small area or you can change what you see completely.  That's the challenge - to do it the way you see and feel it.  Have fun with it!

Do just the bunch of grapes on the table.  Grapes are difficult but fun.   Do just one copper pot of Christmas balls.  Do the balls whatever colors you like or make the pot shorter.  Do the bear on the rock - leave out the rest of that photo.  You are good with rocks.  Do just the wreath or the little tree in the pot by the door - only make it more vivid.  Do just the lamp post for a card.  I know that you will see something that appeals to you and do a good job with it.  I'm so glad you are back with us and painting again. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 3 Nov 2012 7:18 AM

Sammy you are the best, have no worries I will zero in on something and yes I am back! 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 210
sairakazmi wrote
on 3 Nov 2012 11:08 AM

hi..i am so new to the site and the challenge here..am gonna do a work for the challenge.hope you guys like my work.

saira tushbi  C & C welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 17 (246 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS