This post has 11 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90
kawal_ar wrote
on 11 Oct 2012 11:20 PM

Hi Everyone,

My first post here.

This place is amazing with loads of information and really great artists. I am a beginner, just started my hands on oil paintings. I am 31 and never tried painting except few drawing in my 7th or 8th standard. Now I am attracted to colors and paintings. I feel they are the best mediium to express yourself.

I have started painting with oil paints from some youtube videos. I have not taken any classes yet. I am thinking to go classes after some more practise, so I should know what areas to focus on when I sit in the class (Not sure if I am right in thinking that way  though :-) )

Here I am posting couple of paintings that I made.  They are oil on small tile like canvases. Not sure if they have not come out well as they should, so need your help to improve them. WOuld love to hear your comments both positive & negatives about them.

1. Eye

2. Happy Road

Thanks

--Kawal

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 395
shasta737 wrote
on 18 Oct 2012 7:46 AM

i think you have done a great job! i love this second photo of the trees and water! it actually looks great! i love the colors that you used and you already seem to have an understanding of light. so great job! and i was very impressed with the eye! I would make the iris a little more rounded. if you look at it the bottom left of it looks a little lopsided. if you make it exactly round like it really is it will look amazing!  Good job i think you have the start of a great art career!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90
kawal_ar wrote
on 18 Oct 2012 10:16 PM

Hi Shasta,

Thanks for dropping by & for your valuable feedback. The path between the trees in second photo was actaully road. My bad if its looking like a water.:-) hmm..need a rework then.

Yeah, reg iris part.. Didn't notice that, thanx for highlighting. Would fix that too.

Thanks again for your encaouraging words. Would post another painting soon which I am currently working upon.

Regard, Kawal 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90
kawal_ar wrote
on 24 Oct 2012 3:04 AM

Hi,

Adding new one that I just finished. This is 12 X 16 oil on Canvas, painted from a picture.

Let me know ur views. THanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,580
Points 51,885
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 24 Oct 2012 9:07 AM

I like this with the dark background.  Also like the soft looking color in the flowers.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 12,300
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 25 Oct 2012 9:00 PM

I'm very new at painting but I do like your painting it is very soft and easy to look at.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90
kawal_ar wrote
on 1 Nov 2012 4:31 AM

Charlie Gunn:

I like this with the dark background.  Also like the soft looking color in the flowers.

Glad you liked it. Thnx

-Kawal

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90
kawal_ar wrote
on 1 Nov 2012 4:33 AM

Joyce Lydia:

I'm very new at painting but I do like your painting it is very soft and easy to look at.

Thanks Joyce.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
sonal3arura wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 4:11 AM

ur work is really very gud!!! rite abt critique though.I'm also a beginner I don't have guts to post my work on net..Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,580
Points 51,885
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 8:18 AM

Sonal, let us see your work, put it on "Members Art" Gallery. 

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90
kawal_ar wrote
on 17 Feb 2013 11:18 PM

Thanks Sonal. 

Agree with Charlie, pls share your work to be reviewed by experts/experienced artists. We have only to gain from them. :-)

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
sonal3arura wrote
on 18 Feb 2013 2:52 AM

Wooiieeee!!!!Surprise

Hahaha....alright!!! I'll bt give me some time..Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS