CHALLENGE 24 - October, 2012 - HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY!!

This post has 187 Replies | 10 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 15 Oct 2012 7:52 PM

James - your painting is wonderful - The vase of flowers looks great as does the bowl of chips & the glass - I like the way you balanced the picture with the greenery & how "Chips & Hips" are helping each other with the bottle - great!

Judy   C&C appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 729
Points 12,280
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 15 Oct 2012 8:15 PM

Judy your rose is beautiful, one day I hope to draw a rose.  I have tried and what a mess of a beautiful flower I make.  Your drop of water are good also.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 729
Points 12,280
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 15 Oct 2012 8:37 PM

Jen what a wonderul kind thing to say you would have to study my droplets!  I took my water drop lesson from Watercolour Painting Techiques.  Helped me a lot.  Your rose is nicely done bright, happy colours...

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 729
Points 12,280
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 15 Oct 2012 8:44 PM

James, "Party Girls with Wings"  look like they are planning to have a little fun.  Nice picture good strong background.  I like the wings.

Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 16 Oct 2012 2:58 PM

Thanks Sam     Judy      and    Joyce                  James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 16 Oct 2012 3:00 PM

Thanks   Sam    Judy    and    Joyce              James     [second try to post went to quick reply]

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 16 Oct 2012 3:57 PM

Thanks Sam Judy and Joyce      [third attempt at posting a comment]        James

went to quick reply

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 48,830
Turps245 wrote
on 16 Oct 2012 4:51 PM
James great job on the glass vase and flowers and the bottle of tipple the fairies are up ending. It is good to see the fairies back in action and having fun. No doubt the frog is lurking to join in when all the work is done. What size is the painting? I like Sam's title "chips and sips" !

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 48,830
Turps245 wrote
on 16 Oct 2012 4:57 PM
Thank you all for the very kind words on my yellow flower. I'm off to see the Dallas baby boys on Friday. Wish me luck the three and a half month baby weighs 18 lbs and rising and is 26" long. I will need a crane to lift him. Pray for my back and all the other creaky bits!!! Off to find my witches outfit! Today is gorgeous and I have flung open all the doors and windows. The leaves are bursting with colour too. Be back in November! Holly we had a deal girl!!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 16 Oct 2012 6:41 PM

James- I like the way you do a challenge and add your own ideas and themes and it's always fun. The flower vase is well done  and is a center of attention. Then you added a bowl of chips which is also looking good. The theme is the fairies are having a party ..such fun! Why don't you call it the way it is: "Fairy Fun Party" . Good job as usual. Love the BG too.

Jen- I am always envious of you having fun going around visiting family and sometimes you even went across the pond to visit your aunt. Such a fun life you are having. We will be missing you, enjoy your trip Girl.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,475
Points 23,680
Berkenstock wrote
on 17 Oct 2012 12:03 AM

We had our doors and Windows open here in Indiana too.  Rain is on the way for tomorrow.  Great time of the year.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 22 Oct 2012 9:12 AM

Hello, This is my first time in this forum challenge. I had drawn out a picture of the Foxgloves to paint but thought before I did a big one I would practice on a little painting first. I did these this morning using just a brush and watercolor. I needed to get a sense of the color and shape of the flower. I've never used these colors before and I really love them. I can't wait to sit down and tackle the bigger one of these flowers.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Catherine

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 22 Oct 2012 9:25 AM

The above painting is about 3x6 inch. on 140lb. cold press watercolor paper.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 22 Oct 2012 10:34 AM

Catherine, welcome aboard. We are always pleased to get new members and it looks like we will enjoy your work. I can see why you love those colors. That cool pink is so pretty against the violet background.  You have a nice loose style  I can see that the light is coming from the right.  When you do the larger painting, I suggest that you get darker on the insides of the flower.  The light isn't able to get in there as well and it would be darker in there.  Maybe a little of the violet mixed with the pink would help to darken it.

This is a pleasing painting and I'm looking forward to seeing the larger model.

We hope that you plan to post your work here often and participate in the critiquing.  If you would like to have a permanent signature, click on Edit Profile at the top right of the page.  Then click on the tab Site Options.  Scroll down to the Signature section and type in your signature.  Also, if  you want comments and critique, you can type C&C.  To complete it, click on Save at the bottom of that page. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 22 Oct 2012 11:01 AM

Thank you a Gal Named Sam! It's fun watching all of the challenge pictures coming in and I'm looking forward to everyone's great feedback and suggestions!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Page 8 of 13 (188 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS