CHALLENGE 24 - October, 2012 - HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY!!

This post has 187 Replies | 10 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 12 Oct 2012 7:21 PM

Judy, I'm impressed.  Your rose is awesome. Great values and water droplets.  Nice variety of values on the leaves.  I like the very subtle work on the background.  Very well done.  Take a bow!

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 12 Oct 2012 7:44 PM

Jen - I am so very glad your leg is doing better!  Thank You for your compliments - "Control" is my middle name, sometimes to my detriment with some of the other mediums!  It's one of the reasons I stay away from watercolor lol

Sandi - Thank You! The rose was done on Strathmore, Sketch 45# paper, 11 X 14 with a #3B General's pencil

Sam - Thank You!  Sometimes good things happen....:)

Judy   C&C appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 13 Oct 2012 5:33 AM

Judy, I MUST disagree. The drops doesn't look like stones. The drawing is perfect and gorgeous.

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

"... to have been loved so deeply, even thought the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin."

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 13 Oct 2012 10:06 AM

Judy Now thats a drawing ,enough said                       James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 13 Oct 2012 12:07 PM

second try to post

Judy Thats a drawing enough said              James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Oct 2012 3:20 PM

Well here is my version of the yellow rose. I will have to study Joyce's raindrops as I have forgotton how to do them. Our dear art teacher used to show me each time and now she is gone. I just got lazy and left them off!

6x4 sanded paper with soft pastels and pencils.

Okay Holly where are you I painted flowers!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 95
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 14 Oct 2012 3:31 PM

Jen - Your flower is beautiful!  I love the colors you chose for the background - they show off the flower beautifully - I would put a little lighter highlight on the upward part of the arch on the branch,,,,really nice work!

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 14 Oct 2012 3:58 PM

Jen pretty much WOW           James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 14 Oct 2012 4:11 PM

Jen I agree with James,,, WOW!   beautiful, love the yellows.    Glad your leg is better.   I hit the back of my left hand and blew a vein out, I now have to wear a mitt  (glove stuffed with cotton) to protect it and keep from hitting it against something...  horrible getting older....

again your flower is lovely.  I also like the background colors.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 14 Oct 2012 4:40 PM

LORE:  I produce jazz and I hear soooo much music,  I just like the silence of a room and maybe hear some birds outside.   If I listen to music I tend to really listen and I want to dive deep into just painting and only think about the canvas...  don't get me wrong I love music but maybe tooo much.  all styles...   Scented candles are nice,  nature sounds on a cd can be nice like a stream or ocean or just birds...  

Your glass with the daisy in it is so beautiful and soft,  I just love it,   I personally like that is isn't finished so to speak as it tends to the imagination of the eye. kind of a vignette style....  I haven't tried glass yet except for my white jars, I too like to crop into a picture and paint just the part of the subject that interests me the most.   Sam does that very well also.   I love working with colored pencils as well as water color and graphite.  I'm afraid of pastels so far. but I love the way JEN works with them.  and Sandi's  miniature oils  

Everyone has such talent here.

JUDY:   your rose is beautiful,  I love the graphite and the use of that soft 3B pencil.  beautiful soft shading and love the drops

GERI: apology accepted.   I will try to critique more

EVERYONE:  Thank you for the compliments on my Daisy.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,521
Points 24,405
Berkenstock wrote
on 14 Oct 2012 5:10 PM

Jen very nice rose.  The way you have it blended it reminds you of how watercolors blend naturally on their own.  Very well done.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 14 Oct 2012 6:38 PM

Jen, your rose is beautiful with lovely colors and it is well drawn.  The blue-green background sets it off nicely.  This is a little treasure.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 15 Oct 2012 3:58 PM

Jen- Glad you are back full steam. Love your yellow rose (of Texas?). It's beautiful with many shades of yellow. Strong color background goes well with the subject. You know now that you can do flowers well. They are still my weakness. Hope your back is better now.

Marsha, you may have to slow down a bit so you won't hit everything around you. Ouch! take good care of that hand, you will need both for your arts and music.

Lore- I love all kinds of music like Marsha. Easy listening, some light classical, all ballroom dancing type because I am a ballroom dancer. Sometime even country music can be good listening too. I also go to see "Salute to Vienna" every year in December to enjoy the ballet and its music. Just enjoy life.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 15 Oct 2012 4:44 PM

I have no idea what to call this[Chips and Hips this came to me after I posted and it's a horrible idea ]

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 15 Oct 2012 5:05 PM

James, you did a great job with the glass vase of flowers.  I like the purple wings on the fairy with the yellow dress and also the pink clad fairy.  The warm background is very nice and the bowl of chips looks realistic.

Concerning a name how about :  "Wings and Things"    Chips and Sips"    "Fairy Picnic"

Page 7 of 13 (188 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS