CHALLENGE 24 - October, 2012 - HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY!!

This post has 187 Replies | 10 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 11 Oct 2012 10:42 AM

Lore,

I am a colored pencil artist and I find them to be time consuming with beautiful results.  If a person is willing to invest the time to do refined work, the medium can't be beat.  You handled them very well in your glass bowl with flower.

In this retirement community, there are colored pencil classes at the Lifelong Learning College.  As a result there are more than 100 colored pencil artists in the community.  There is a club strickly for colored pencil with 112 members.  We don't think it is childish.  Colored pencil pieces receive a lot of ribbons in our numerous shows.

Check out www.visualartsassociation.com.    In the left column, click on Gallery.  Look at the Fall shows in both La Galleria and the Annex shows.  You will see a lot of colored pencil winning entries. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 11 Oct 2012 10:50 AM

Sammy I know here there's a lot of color pencil artist... that "DEFEND" behavior is an habit I acquired in other forums... most of all latin forums. Some of them think only achrilics and oils are worthy of attention Lightning.

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

"... to have been loved so deeply, even thought the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin."

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 11 Oct 2012 11:19 AM

By the way, to know everybody better I'd like to know what kind of music do all you like Geeked. Where should I ask that question? (I was listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir while I was drawing my daisy.)

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

"... to have been loved so deeply, even thought the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin."

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,655
Berkenstock wrote
on 11 Oct 2012 1:38 PM

Lore beautiful drawing.  The glass is wonderful and I like the lighter pink in th flower.  I was curious why you did not finish the glass.  You did such a fine job on the rest of it.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 11 Oct 2012 2:13 PM

Lore, my favorite music is light classical, particularly Chopin, or relaxing instrumental, especially piano.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 11 Oct 2012 2:38 PM

Geri- Neat purple flower. Love the BG. I like the pouring technique too, I think it's very challenging.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 11 Oct 2012 2:41 PM

Marsha- Wow! Very pretty colors on the pink flower. The BG goes well with the vivid flower. Highlight on the petals is very well done. You have mastered the W/C very well.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 11 Oct 2012 2:44 PM

Jen- Kudo to you for doing arts even when you are not feeling well. Hope you will bounce back to good health soon.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,655
Berkenstock wrote
on 11 Oct 2012 4:21 PM

Lore I like the blues.  They seem to do something to the sole.  My wife hates them so I don"t listen to them much.  Otherwise I listen to adult alliterative.  Classical I lean toward Beethoven.  I love Moonlight Sonata.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 11 Oct 2012 7:42 PM

SAMMY and GERI I love classical too, but with voices: opera. "Aida" is my all-time favorite.

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 12 Oct 2012 5:33 AM

Geri you know, I didn't realize it was unfinished until you told me. I'll finish it and post it again. Yes

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 12 Oct 2012 9:16 AM

Not exactly Lore ,thanks for asking

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 12 Oct 2012 6:04 PM

Jen - Your sketch of the flowers & vase is wonderful - I admire the freedom of expression (I tend to work way too tight)...the layout is good too!  I hope you feel better soon.

Lore - Your color pencil drawing is really good - I like the softness of this work & the working of the glass is excellent - Beautiful!  Colored pencil is a very legitimate & beautiful medium to use.

Here is my submission for this month - I'm trying to keep my pencil practice up....the water drops look like little stones Tongue Tied ......

Judy   C&C appreciated

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 12 Oct 2012 7:00 PM
Judy, your rose is gorgeous! You have great controll and design. Love the drops and they don't look like stones! I am trying the rose in pastels If I don't mess up. My leg is much better so many thanks to all the good wishes.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 12 Oct 2012 7:17 PM

Judy- Your rose is beautiful, looking soft and natural. Water drops are well done. You seem to be doing CP well. I am envious of everyone who can use this medium. What size is your rose? and what kind of pencils and paper. It's nice to know as much information of your artwork as possible i.e. size, medium, and support or surface of the painting. 

Thanks for posting.

Right Hug Sandi

Page 6 of 13 (188 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS