CHALLENGE 24 - October, 2012 - HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY!!

This post has 187 Replies | 10 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 8 Oct 2012 7:04 AM

Thank you Sam , I have spent several months donating time and money to the medical proffesion I am glad to be posting again

Thank  you Judy [out of curiousity is it Judith Anne?]  the frog is a charlatan he has never shown princely qualities

Lore please post some fairy drawings and welcome                           James

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 8 Oct 2012 10:06 AM

Judy, lighting and shading is something I have a hard time doing in this picture I was hoping that the lighting was coming from the yellow in the back ground.  I guess it didn't show up something I need to work at.  Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 8 Oct 2012 10:10 AM

Once again Sam I look forward to your cc's thanks and I do remember the orange, that will be one lesson I never forget!!!!!!  I will work on the darks and highlights on my flower between you and Judy I will be doing it correct before you know it. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 8 Oct 2012 11:05 AM

Joyce- I like your red Daisy esp. the background- also the color combination. As always your paintings are pleasant and  pretty to look at. Keep tweaking it as you received comments and suggestions. You are doing well and will get to be better and better.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 8 Oct 2012 11:09 AM

James- Wow! The Princess and the Frog have come back! I have missed them so much. Now the Princess is entertaining the Frog with her music, They look absolutely relaxing and in their own world amidst pretty flowers in the garden. Your yellow roses are well done. Love them.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 8 Oct 2012 12:22 PM

Thanks Sandi

I'm going to try to catch up Jen holly and Sandi have all done great with this old new houses while Freds bears seem to have been doing all of the work [they had to do a lot of traveling from the mountains to the ocean]

Joyce has taken a floral stance I like the water drops

I hope Kristina gets some inspiration

To answer Holly and Joyce I was in challenge no 1    but I have never seen these pictures before

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 436
Points 3,920
jatravis wrote
on 8 Oct 2012 2:20 PM

James - Yes, Judith Anne - my parents were from Quebec, Canada & when they moved to the state, my mom was pregnant with me - so when I was born they wanted to give me an American name ------ my sisters have great names like Claudette Bernadette & Jocelyne Marie that reflect their heritage I was always a little jealous ---however, after seeing how many times their names were mis-pronounced & misspelled I decided I liked my name after all.

Does the V stand for Victor?

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 436
Points 3,920
jatravis wrote
on 8 Oct 2012 2:25 PM

Joyce - In art, we never stop working on something Smile  I had a difficult time with reflecting the light onto my subjects too & sometimes still don't get it just right......you'll get it - I find it helpful to study other people's work.

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,395
Points 22,520
Berkenstock wrote
on 9 Oct 2012 4:46 PM

This is my entry for this month.  I am airly satisfied with it but noticed a couple of places I need to work on when I took a picture of it.  For what its worth here it is 8x10 wc on acrches rough.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 9 Oct 2012 7:10 PM

James:   so glad to see you back and that the princess and frog are still enjoying life.  great rose and enchantment on wood...

Fred:   Those wonderful bears will have that old house whipped into shape by christmas.  great job. 

Joyce:   great water drops,   I like doing those as well.  

Geri:  Beautiful Pansey.   

I just finished my challenge will post  next....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 9 Oct 2012 7:18 PM

hi,   here is my October challenge contribution.  

Watercolor Arches 140lb on the rough side.  

I may try in on the smooth side and see what happens.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 9 Oct 2012 7:34 PM

Geri, very nice watercolor pansy. Your color selections for the background and the leaves are striking.  The veining is well done.   Placing the dark value near the center added depth.

Marsha, The center of your flower sparkles due to the bright lights against the darks.  The petals have a 3D appearance due to the highlights and the deep magenta as they approach the center.  I hadn't noticed the slight light coloration along the edges of the petal and I like how you exaggerated that using orange, yellow and white.  The pollen on the petals adds interest.  The background is dramatic.  Is isn't difficult to see that you like color.  Very nice.  

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,395
Points 22,520
Berkenstock wrote
on 9 Oct 2012 8:24 PM

Marsha what a fantastic job.  The way you handled the center part of the flower and the pollen really sets it off.  It has made a very good panting into an exceptional one.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 10 Oct 2012 5:27 AM

Thank you Marsha

Geri nicely  done ,I think the background is great that's where I have problems

Marsha great job as always

James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,395
Points 22,520
Berkenstock wrote
on 10 Oct 2012 9:04 AM

Thank you all for the kind words.I was expecting a few negative comments especially from Marsha  who handles watercolor beautifully.  Thats how we learn you know.

James if you are interested doing watercolor go to you tube and search poured paint.  The first time you try it it is very scary but it seems to work out for the better.  Good luck and hope to see the fairy and frog in a unique background..

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 4 of 13 (188 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS