CHALLENGE 24 - October, 2012 - HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY!!

This post has 187 Replies | 10 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 11:42 AM

Jen - So much detail in your old house picture - such a good vision of hard-working parents with the kids playing (I think 2 are eating apples?) & the dogs chewing on sticks - so much activity & well laid out. A wonderful picture!

Holly - Your old house picture has a more relaxed atmosphere on a nice sunny day - I wish I was sitting by that tree right now!  Really nice...

Sandi - I really like your vision in your old house picture & can feel this family's anticipation to get to their new home.  What a great job you did with the foliage!  All those variations of green adds so much life with the reflections adding movement - love the colors - wonderful...

Judy   C&C appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,545
Berkenstock wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 11:55 AM

Wow very nice color.  I love the rays of the evening sun on the road.Great job.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 1:20 PM

Joyce - I DO remember your sending some photos - if I remember they were floral scenes - - right?  I think that was during the time when I was so stressed out with my breathing problems, my sick leave from work, getting all my retirement paperwork completed and turned in and going to see my doctor  - - sometimes more than once a week!  If you can find them, maybe we can use them in another challenge - - I'm so sorry they got caught up in my whirlwind!

I know Jen, Sandi, Fred, Susan (asusanrae) and me were all on the other forum when the anniversary time came around - Joyce were you with us then, too?  Do you all remember any of the others that may have still been with us them?  James, weren't you with us then, too?

Kristina - I am so glad you are going to get to play with us again!  Welcome back!

Sammy - This Old House was one of the photos that Susan A. sent to me.  All the others are public domain photos.  I really like that last rose and the purple flower in the glass bowl or wine glass or what ever it is.  I did get sort of carried away with purple flowers, didn't I? 

Sandi - Phillip and Abigail - I don't remember what the little boy's same was either.  But I do remember you did several painting featuring them and had a nice little story going.  It is fun to see them all again!  Now, since we are all posting our "then" paintings, we need to all get busy and do a "now" one to post with them.

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 1:39 PM

Holly- Was it Phillip and Abigail? So the little boy was named Peter. Ah! now things are getting to fall into place. I did the previous one when Phillip first met Abigail in a flower shop in London. After they got married, they decided to move the family to America. Jen told me that it could have been her life story.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 9:02 AM

Holly, it doesn't matter that you did or didn't use any pictures that I sent I was just asking if they were not what you were looking for and no I don't remember what I send you they just came from pictures we took over the years.  I do remember 1 was a building in Austria from my husband’s hometown. 

As for the anniversary time yes I was here the first challenge was of a flower from Susan.  Susan ask me to join after she and I did this wine glass with fruit in it, which was the very first time I did a drawing.  That is how new I was to all this, now I have a room full of paintings and art stuff coming out my ears.  Some of the friends that joined us as I remember were Holly, Susan, Jen, Fred, Margo, Sandi, Bob from SF and Sammy or did Sammy join in on the 2nd Challenge?  I'm sure I have missed a few and I am sorry about that, (maybe there was a Suzanne too).  I don't remember if James was there at the beginning or if he came a little later.  This site as grown and the artwork that comes from the challenges are wonderful I have learned so much from each of you.  

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 4:57 PM

Well - I attempted the old house. I got it basically drawn out on paper and I started with some base color, but trashed it. I was so dissatisfied with my "Kindergarten" look to it that I broke out in tears. I think my problem is that I cannot visually take something I see and change it to something else. It has to be a comprehension issue of mine, so I will try again, or I will go to a different picture to do.

Kristina-

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso

C & C are always welcomed and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 6:34 PM
Kristina don't despair. I can remember this giving me a really hard time too and I was never really satisfied with it. It is hard using your imagination but fun too. It doesn't have to be a work of art just think what kind of people might have lived there and go from there. As you see we all had different ideas. It could just as easily have been a barn if that helps.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 6:45 PM

Kristina - We all had to start from scratch somewhere and at some time - - Jen is right - don't despair - - I had trouble with it too.  Really, when I think about it, all 3 of these challenges may be difficult for all of us since they are "composite" type of thing - - meaning you take your reference and add stuff from another reference or from your imagination.  I don't do well without a reference either.  Why don't you just try to use just the photo that's there without trying to add stuff to it - - any of them - When you get used to copying your reference then you may want to start adding things.  But please remember - - we are all dear friends here and want to help and encourage you.  Art is supposed to be fun!  So get busy and have fun - - and we'll try to help you sort it out.  Chin up - you can do it.

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 8:40 PM

Will give it another attempt soon. Maybe tomorrow. I will busy it seems for the weekend. Deaf Coffee Chat Friday night, drive 2 1/2 hours for a funeral Saturday and then to GameStop on Sunday for son's games that were pre-ordered.

For those who are not on my friends list on Facebook, my best friend, who was the maid of honor at my wedding, Faith, passed away today. She had been battling a lot of issues. She had been diagnosed with Juvenile Arthritis and it became Rheumatoid Arthritis, her Rheumatologist was not keeping an eye on her blood work when he had to do another bit of medicine changes, and she developed Hepatitis C and then Cirrhosis of the liver. It hit her really bad and then about 8 months ago, she developed pulmonary hypertension and they had to keep draining fluid from her abdomen. Sometimes as much as 75 pounds worth. She had a setback about 1 1/2 weeks ago and last weekend, she was moved to Hospice. She was 51.

Kristina-

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis Smile [:)] wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 8:54 PM

Kristina - OUCH!  I remember feeling the same as you! (And I still do at times, but I don't cry anymore) - please be patient & kind with yourself - The ability to develop & put your ideas on paper comes with practice - lots & lots of practice & I am so glad Smile you are here to hone your abilities!

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 5 Oct 2012 1:15 PM

Hi all I decided to do the old barn again with a different twist  I brought Fred's bears back to do the restoration done on 1/4 sheet 140# arches cp paper

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 5 Oct 2012 3:58 PM

Love those bears and they are not only well traveled, they are hard workers!! 

Kristina-

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 5 Oct 2012 4:02 PM

Now that's a warm painting.  I love that the bear family is restoring the old house on a crisp, sunny fall day.  It looks like they are about done which is good since winter is approaching.  It's good to see the bears.  And it's good to see those beautiful mountains and sky.  You have so much fun, Fred, with your wonderful imagination and paints.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 5 Oct 2012 6:42 PM

wow these pictures are great and you all are doing a great job with them  we have bears, family houses.  Here is my very first time doing water spots, I still need to improve and will try this again maybe even with a pine leaf like in the challenge.  I have also done the bright flower but it is drying and I will show it in a few days.  This is done using watercolours.  Not sure if I did the spots right or wrong but they seem to have turned out.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,545
Berkenstock wrote
on 5 Oct 2012 6:46 PM

Fred I knew that the old shack would bring the bears back.  I was starting to miss them.  They will have a nice place to hibernate this winter.  Good work sir.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 2 of 13 (188 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS