If you have been involved in skeching on trains and buses, would you be kind to share a great experience?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 24 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
54 Posts
Points 740
adebanji posted on 13 Oct 2008 2:17 AM

This is an opportunity to share some great experiences you've had sketching on public transport.

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
54 Posts
Points 740

JM, I looked through all those animal sketches- on your flickr and I really love them, my best was the profile of the pig!

Also Vivien, You are right about the people and all that........ on public transport, but when I sketch on the train, bus and tube - I see myself as either an entertainer- to the good! and to the grumpy and bad- well, I learnt this a while back from a senior at  Art College in Nigeria who was great at sketching at busy markert places. He would basically pretend he was dumb!!!!!!!!!Thats not funny but it works like Magic!Big SmileHe always came back with the most fantastic sketches ever!

This is a sketch of my son I quickly did last night before he changed to another gear in dreamland!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Points 125

I love the pig, (I think)  That is a great drawing!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Points 125

How sweet is that?  Children sleeping are so inspiring.  Your sketch Is EXCELLENT!

Top 500 Contributor
132 Posts
Points 5,940

Hi. We published an article on Marvin Franklin and this topic in Drawing mag a few issue back. Very inspirational dude.

Here's a link to a story about him and his drawings on the subway. Unfortunately, we can't post the DR article here, but if anybody wants me to send them the text so they can read about him, let me know and I'll email it.

http://simplisticart.blogspot.com/2008/02/marvin-franklin-at-new-york-transit.html

Bob

Not Ranked
10 Posts
Points 125

email me at  tammy.crazymom@gmail.com

Bob Bahr:

Hi. We published an article on Marvin Franklin and this topic in Drawing mag a few issue back. Very inspirational dude.

Here's a link to a story about him and his drawings on the subway. Unfortunately, we can't post the DR article here, but if anybody wants me to send them the text so they can read about him, let me know and I'll email it.

http://simplisticart.blogspot.com/2008/02/marvin-franklin-at-new-york-transit.html

Bob

Top 500 Contributor
54 Posts
Points 740

WOW!!!THIS IS INSPIRATIONAL! THATS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT! I LOVE THE SKETCHES AND THE WONDERFUL PAINTINGS, THIS WILL KEEP ME BUSY AND OFF THE BOARD FOR A WHILE! Before this time I have never heard of this guy, I would definitely love to receive the text- my email is blazeandshade@aol.com

Not Ranked
10 Posts
Points 125

amen!

Top 500 Contributor
54 Posts
Points 1,140

that's a lovely sketch of your son - these will be to treasure as he grows

Your blog is great too - I'd seen this there and the portraits you've been doing of friends are excellent

Top 500 Contributor
54 Posts
Points 740

Thanks Vivien and Sybil.............

The sketch above was done early this year and it is one of the times that I have had to stay on well past my station stop, just because I wanted to finish a sketch. The lady on the left knew I was sketching her and her work colleague kept on giving her faces... I think they thought I wanted to "make a move"..... so she was blushing and I was quite uncomfortable, blushing too........for no reason, the whole situation got rather messy, it is a shame we couldn't talk as I had to get off in a rush, as I had gone too far from my stop...........But on my way out I showed her the sketch and she was SHOCKED!!!

Not Ranked
10 Posts
Points 125

Great job on the flly!  I want to be able to do that with portraits!

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS