Challenge 23 - September 2011

This post has 143 Replies | 10 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 3:53 PM

Hi Geri I didn't know I should put C&C... I NEED critics, that's the only way we can improve...

C&C PLEASE!!! :D

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

"... to have been loved so deeply, even thought the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin."

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 3:58 PM

(And it IS foggy, because I saw it that way in the original. I need to go to the oculist because I feel my eyes tired... and looking at the originals in my tiny netbook is making it worse, I saw all the bowl black, only latter I saw the grey and purple on the borders)

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

"... to have been loved so deeply, even thought the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin."

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 4:11 PM

Sam I took your advice about my horses and tried to fix it as best as I knew how.  It did help so thank you.  They were delivered this AM and go on the block soon.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 722
Points 12,190
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 6:33 PM

Here is my apple drwing I used pastels.  I was going to use watercolour as the back ground  but changed my mind.  It feels good getting back with art!!  Paper is 9"x12".

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 7:09 PM

I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE the bowl.

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,915
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 7:10 PM
Lore, nice to meet you. I am glad you were able to draw another painting. Thank goodness children take naps! You bowl looks great and your apples too. You could overlay some colours over the black shadow to add punch and interest if you wanted to.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,915
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 7:14 PM
Joyce, great job on the bowl of fruit. The bowl looks great and maybe a bit more contrast to punch up the apples.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 8:22 PM

Nice to meet you too Jen!

Tomorrow I'll be busy drawing something on the cover of my drawing book (it's all red and I'm tired of it) but I'll try to have some time to do as you suggest. Maybe with pastels... the paper is really full of color. Maybe I'll "scratch" it with an eraser and  put some brown and gold pastels over it. I don't like that shadow either Ick!

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 8:46 PM

Joyce very nice bowl & apples.  I like the way you did the background.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 722
Points 12,190
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 9:11 PM

Lore your apple, bowl and even the post are done well they all come together and are wonderful.  Welcome to the group.

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 722
Points 12,190
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 9:14 PM

Thanks to all who cc's me I love the comments, Lure, Jen and Geri you all do such find pictures that your comments mean a lot to me.  Jen what kind of contrast to punch up the apples do you mean, help me out please. 

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 22 Sep 2012 1:53 AM

Lore, I also think that there is some cloudiness in the bowl, under the apples.  The dark of the bowl should come up to the apples and the shadow on the apples could have a tint of dark, dark red.  Your apples are done very well with a nice variety of colors.

In order to have a permanent signature line, go to the top right of the page and click on EDIT PROFILE.  Click on SITE OPTIONS which is one of the tabs at the top of that page.  Scroll down to SIGNATURE and type in your name and C&C.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 22 Sep 2012 2:00 AM

Joyce, what a cheerful bowl of apples.  The green bowl looks great and compliments the apples.  You have nice colors on the apples.  The light must be coming from the left since the bowl of fruit is casting such a big shadow on the wall.  Therefore, you need to put dark shadows on the bottom right side of each apple.  The apples in front in the bowl should be casting a shadow on the one behind it.  You have come a long ways, baby, and it's a pleasure to see your growth.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 722
Points 12,190
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 22 Sep 2012 6:02 AM

Thanks Sam. and I will work on my shading and yes the lighting is coming from the left side.  Do you remember my oranges and how many times I as you for cc's them???  I have come along way and I have loved each baby step.. Take care planning on checking our your site and I hope everyone here has done the same. 

Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 23 Sep 2012 11:40 PM

Hello everyone,,, I bet you thought I dropped off the planet..  I have been extremely busy with doing memorials for three of my best friends and producing the Michael Grimm Show every week plus my regular jazz events.  and producing a Live Recording cd. which as gone to print.  I do get  the emails from this challenge and see that everyone has been busy.   I needed to have some sane time to myself today so I sat down and worked on this color pencil piece of the beautiful horses in this months challenge.  I enjoyed every minute spent doing it.   I have seriously missed everyone....

10x13 Strathmore colored paper

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Page 6 of 10 (144 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS