Challenge 23 - September 2011

This post has 143 Replies | 10 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 6:39 AM

Hi to all, missed this group of friends.  I have a week end free and started this pictures a few months ago so I've decided to try to get it done for the challenge this month.  I showing it to you now in case I mess it up.  I am going to use a watercoluor back ground and pastels on the bowl and apples. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 6:46 AM

Geri- I love your horse painting esp. the colors both BG and the animals have nice compliment colors. You have got very good pointers from Jen and Sammy. Good job in using CP and good luck with the auction.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 6:54 AM

Jen- I love your waterfalls painting, it has nice colors which is as usual with all your work. I  especially like the rocks and the greenery that are well done. I think the water flow on our left  has too much white volume in it so it looks heavy. Perhaps you could add more colors to it. As a rule water can absorb colors from nearby objects. Just a thought.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 7:04 AM

Lore9018- Welcome to our little group, we are happy you are joining us. Your first ever CP painting is very good and it shows that you have artistic eyes. I like the softness and the well done lines and value. Good job. Keep painting you will be going far.

BTW do you have an easy name that we can call you? i am not good at remembering numbers.

I also like your avatar, it's a very attractive picture.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 7:17 AM

Joyce- Glad to see you are painting again. This looks like  a good start. Good planning of using WC with pastel.

I am so busy with preparing my works for two exhibitions and have just sent three miniature paintings to  Washington, D.C. I need to have five paintings for the Florida one. I have just finished my fourth and hoping to get going on my fifth by Oct. 5th. I will try to do something for Sammy if not this month, it will be sometime in October.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,725
Points 44,885
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 11:19 AM
Lore9018, welcome to our forum. We love to meet new people. It is easier to remember given names when we talk to each other. If you would like tell us your name and where you are from, as you indicate English is not your first language. I would not have known English was not you first language as you write it beautifully. I really like your horse sketch. The colours work well and the horses look good. Hope you can work around those litte ones and show us more of your work.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,725
Points 44,885
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 11:21 AM
Joyce , good to see you back with us. You are off to a good start with this drawing. Now you have to finish it!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,725
Points 44,885
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 11:24 AM
Joyce, Sandi and Sammy thanks for the good words on my waterfall. It really kicked my you know what! Probably not the best thing to start after a long break. Hopefully I can get some more done before I go off again!

Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 11:39 AM

Hello everybody!

Happy Autumn (here in Argentina we're starting Spring today).

Your words made my day (and my week and my month).

My name is Lorena but everybody calls me Lore, I'm from Puerto Madryn, Argentina and I'm 32.

I'm glad that I found this forum, I was looking for a place to find inspiration and share my hobby (and my therapy Stick out tongue).

Now I'm working on the apples, I hope I'll finish by tonight (that's another advantage of working in such a little format)Wink

I'll work hard the next 2 hs. because my children are taking their nap... I hope I'll finish so I can share my apples.

See you soonGeeked

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

"... to have been loved so deeply, even thought the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin."

Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 11:43 AM

(By the way, the apples are being far more difficult than horses. This is one of that moments when I'd like to have one of that colored pencils sets of 100+ colors so I could find the right red easily Angry)

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

"... to have been loved so deeply, even thought the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin."

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 21 Sep 2012 12:53 PM

Joyce, you sketch is very light as it should be but difficult to see.  I'm looking forward to seeing your apple painting.

Lore, there is no need to apologize for your English.  You do very well and are easy to understand.  I'm also looking forward to seeing your apple painting.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 1:50 PM

Well, this is my apples drawing.

I'm not happy with the apple on the top. The shadow on the table are very... rude, too. After I finished I realized that shadow should be brown, not black.

Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied, but I know I could improve it Sad

(Same size same medium. I'd like to use pastels but I'm out of fixative...)

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,395
Points 22,520
Berkenstock wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 2:03 PM

Lore I hope that drawing like your Grandpa was a complement.  I guess thats just the way us old men do things  Wink  Don"t worry about your english (which is very good) it can't be any worse than my typing.

Geri

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Not Ranked
Posts 47
Points 1,165
Lore9018 wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 2:18 PM

Geri off course it was a compliment. I loved that man more than I can say, I love art because of him. He never had money to study art and learned by himself how to draw and paint and then theached me. He died in 1993 and I stil miss him every day and think "What would grandpa do?" jejeje Left HugRight Hug

I think you could do more detailed drawings if you use other kind of paper. I never use "Canson-type" paper because of the grain. My drawing book has 100gr/m2 paper. It's good to me because I never use wet mediums.

(And if we talk about typing, I type with 2 fingers like Homer Simpson jajajajaStick out tongue)

Lore

C&C PLEASE!!! Geeked

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,395
Points 22,520
Berkenstock wrote
on 21 Sep 2012 3:42 PM

Lore I know what you mean about the paper.  It was some that I got from my grandson.  He doesn't like to draw on colored paper so I traded him some white paper for it.  I think I will save it for charcoal or practice.  It was the first time that I had used it.

Sorry to here about your Grandpa you must have been close .

I did not comment on your apples because you did not put C&C or ask for critique but at the bottom of the bowl it looks foggy.  It may be from the way the camera took the picture because it does funny things sometime.  Other than that your apples were very nice.  The rings in the bowl were all evenly space which I find almost imposable to do.  Good work.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 5 of 10 (144 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS