BOTANICAL ART WITH WATERCOLOUR

This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70
yesil wrote
on 3 Jun 2012 5:11 AM

Dear People,

I am a botanical artist using watercolour as a media. I am trying to be more active in these social networks, so I have prepared a page in facebook to exhibit some of my paintings. Feedback are important for me to improve my art.

If you have a few minutes, please check my page

EARTHY

And if you enjoy with my art, please like my page.

Any feedback are very welcome,

I am still in the learning process! :)))

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
annekke wrote
on 24 Jul 2012 7:30 AM

Thank you for providing this page, I'm also a florist with a background in painting. I fell in love with the Tulipa sprengerii you painted, the red is to die for :-) Keep up the great work

Anneke
Send flowers Switzerland

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70
yesil wrote
on 25 Jul 2012 2:29 AM

I am very happy that you like my paintings.. Thank you very much.. Hope you visit sometime, I am adding new paintings time to time.. I am not so fast to complete a painting...

Thanks

Earthy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 119
Points 1,250
watermike wrote
on 16 Sep 2012 12:09 PM

It seems I've seen your work before, but apparently didn't comment.  It's excellent.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
Jean Chang wrote
on 10 Feb 2013 8:48 AM

Your work is exquisite!  Can you share which brushes and paper you use?  I wish you had some online courses or tutorials!  I would be first in line.

Jean

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70
yesil wrote
on 11 Feb 2013 1:04 AM

Thank you for your kind comment watermike!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70
yesil wrote
on 11 Feb 2013 1:11 AM

I am using FABRIANO 5, Hot pressed, 3000 g/s, %50 coton, Pretty amazing paper, also FABRIANO ARTISTICO, extra white is a better quality(100% coton) paper, but even if it says extra white, it is not as white as FABRİANO 5. and I am using white of the paper a lot, for light on the plants. For brushes,

Winsor&Newton Series 7, Sable fantastic brushes, if you are a bit careful with brushes, they last veryy long time!

I do not have a personal online course, but I am one of the tutors of the online course at Edinburgh Botanical Garden. Check the information, if you are interested, it is going to be a very good course, if you need any extra information, I try to help as much as I can..

http://www.rbge.org.uk/education/professional-courses/diploma-in-botanical-illustration

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70
yesil wrote
on 11 Feb 2013 1:13 AM

Also, because I had some problems with my facebook page, I have another new page which is

https://www.facebook.com/botanicalpaintings

İf you are 'Like' it, I will be very happy =))

Thanks for these beatiful comments!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
Jean Chang wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 1:52 AM

Thanks so much for this info!  I usually use Arches Hot Press or else Fabriano Soft Press for portraits (people).  I just started a portrait on the Fabriano Artistico Extra White Hot Press, and found it very different from the Arches.  It seems the paint just does not want to move on this paper.  Painting wet in wet took some getting used to.  Softening edges seems more difficult than with the Arches, also.  I have Winsor & Newton Series 7, and love them, but I should probably get some smaller sizes.  The smallest one I have is a size 2. 

I looked at the link regarding the online courses, but it says that you have to travel to Edinburgh each year, which I am not able to do.  Sad  It does look like a very intensive course.  I wish I could find an online-only course.

Thanks again for the great info!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS