New to the forum

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 May 2012 2:16 AM

Hello I have been reading this forum for the last couple of days and find it very interesting.  I have a BSE in art ed but I have not done any art work except for some wood carving in about 30 years .  For some reason I got the urge to relern to draw ( I never was too good at drawing).  I find using colored paper as a middle value interesting and going to give it a try.  I would like anybody so inclined to give some good constructive critasizem.  I have attached a little drawing I call eggs.  It is a 5x7 drawing in an 8x10 mat.  I streched and tinted the paper a light green (TOOO light ) and used graphite and prizmacolr pencils.  some things I like and alot and some I don't.  Let me know what you think. 

Thank you

Geri Berkenstock

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 27 May 2012 6:27 AM

Geri, welcome to our forum.  You have chosen an interesting and different subject.  It is drawn very well.  I think that using a bit more values would help it a lot - more darks and lights - deep shadows and bright highlights.

We have two threads running all the time.  The Challenge thread where reference photos are posted each month and everyone is invited to use one or more of them.  The Chatter thread where we just chat about whatever and. also, where we post any artwork that we would like to share with the group.  Your egg painting should be posted in the Chatter thread.  I wish I knew how to move it there for you.  You could copy your text and then paste it along with the photo of your paintings in the Chatter thread. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS