CHALLENGE #19 - MAY 2012

This post has 55 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 21 May 2012 7:11 AM

Nicely done Sandi the blue b.g. doesn't take anything away his expression looks very alert       James

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 May 2012 3:39 PM

Sammy - Thanks for your uplifting review. I will go along with your story of breeding in the Spring. I painted from several references and put them all together but the background is totally my own design. Speaking of software to manipulate colors. I once downloaded GIMP which is a free software but was unable to use it, maybe from not having time to play with it, so I got rid of it. Photoshop is more popular but I am afraid that it will take a long learning time too. 

I have not joined the OP Society for the pure reason of not having time to fulfill a membership requirement of another Society.

Enjoy your free time while your hubby is away.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 May 2012 3:46 PM

Jen -- Thanks for taking time to pop in to leave words of encouragement. Hope you are enjoying the Curly one and his family. Take lots of pictures, I like to see how much he has grown.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 May 2012 3:49 PM

Hi James- Your nice words are appreciated. Also I dimmed the bird's eye so he doesn't look too alert now. LOL.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 22 May 2012 3:48 PM

Hi all  I decided to do the bridge ,I used soluable Graphitint pencils as you can see this is dry pencil ,I think I'll apply water next and see how it works out.

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 22 May 2012 5:46 PM

Fred- Nice looking bridge already. Promising to be a real good one when you fill in the colors. Do you recognize this bridge? It's Claude Monet's bridge in his garden and pond at Giverny, France. 

Right Hug Sandi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 23 May 2012 8:57 AM

Fred, this is a nice drawing of the bridge at Monet's gardens.  I'm interested to see what you do with the color changes.  It promises to be a real good painting..

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 23 May 2012 11:36 AM

Looks good Fred , I know it might not be politicly correct but a bear or two could stroll across the span       James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 23 May 2012 12:05 PM

Thanks Sam,Sandi and James,Here is the bridge in color and as you can see the color palette is quite limited and James I didn't want to frighten Claude Big Smile

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 510
Altoproxima wrote
on 25 May 2012 11:35 AM

Sandi, I've been thinking into doing the cardinal bird as well, but I've been busy with drawing and painting flowers that my next pictures are completly in line with the theme being the month of May.

About the camera, it does like you say except whenever there is alot of green in the painting it tends to enhance that color. For my other paintings I use GIMP (the open-source photoshop equivalent.)

Fred, I love the warm colors of the trees ! :) Don't mind if I feel like James that it's missing a bear or something :)

So two more contributions with flowers. Both done on 300gr watercolor paper.

And some tulips, perhaps the prettiest flowers to, me,  I find the flower very straight forward, but none the less difficult to draw/paint here is my attempt at a little May landscape in Holland.

Tim

C&C always welcome

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 25 May 2012 4:15 PM

Both paintings are nice Tim ,but I like the windmill one best there is a small town in Iowa near my birthplace called Pella [more famous for pella windows ]the downtown has a tulip festival yearly and a full size dutch windmill museum that looks like these I like these                James   

good job on the color addition Fred    I knew my bear remarks were sacriligous but I couldn't help myself                James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 25 May 2012 6:56 PM

Fred- Your colored bridge looks real nice and I like the color scheme. It has the Monet's flavor looking lovely even without the Bears.Big Smile

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 25 May 2012 7:02 PM

Tim- Ooh two lovely flowers paintings. I like the purple color but like James I like the Tulip scene more. The Tulips are so sweet and the painting has depth because the windmill structures are receding from front to back. Good job.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,815
Points 46,845
Turps245 wrote
on 25 May 2012 8:46 PM
Fred I really like your limited pallete on this one. No we can't have the Claude falling out of his boat frightened by a bear!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,815
Points 46,845
Turps245 wrote
on 25 May 2012 8:51 PM
Tim nice work on the violats very soft and delicate. I like the three windmills too, they take you nicely around the painting after you have looked at the Tulips

Jen C & C's always welcome

Page 3 of 4 (56 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS