Top 150 Contributor
Posts 321
Points 22,905
American Artist Staff
Editor
Brian Riley wrote
on 5 Mar 2012 2:33 PM

Hey Artists

Use this space to discuss your entries, ask questions, or just find like-minded artists interested in American Artist’s 75th Anniversary Exhibition & Juried Art Competition.

Brian Riley
Managing Editor
American Artist

Watercolor
Drawing
Workshop

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Posts 172
Points 20,510
on 10 Apr 2012 12:45 PM

Ever dream of exhibiting your artwork in NYC alongside such artists as Steven Assael, Daniel Graves, David A. Leffel, Everett Raymond Kinsler, Daniel E. Greene, Jamie Wyeth, Odd Nerdrum, Nelson Shanks, Burton Silverman, and more? Here's your chance: American Artist's 75th Anniversary Exhibition & Juried Competition!
We're starting to get some great entries in, and we want to make sure all artists out there know about this unique opportunity to exhibit their artwork in New York City next spring. Feel free to share any thoughts, questions, or comments here on this forum and help us get the word out.
You can find full details on the competition on Artist Daily and also on the 75th Anniversary Competition site.
Good luck!
Allison Malafronte
Senior Editor
American Artist

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
on 17 Apr 2012 10:25 AM

SadCrying I wish! I wish!

But unfortunatly it can't be for us. It's only for you Americans and so we 'Down Under' just are not allowed to enter. But then again it is the RQAS (Royal Queensland Art Society) 125th Annisversary Competition this  year in June, and even though I would like to throw it open to everyone, I know you understand. However it would be nice.

As you may have guessed, we are in Australia, the state of Queensland. we have branches in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and Rockhampton. This Competition will be at the Gold Coast where I am V. President and editor of our newsletter. We have "The BIG Art Award" each June but this year it's "The BIGart125",Cake and for members only. Sorry.

Everyone says "Australia Down Under". However if you look at us from where you are, you would be right in saying " Australia On Top", and of course we are.Smile

I wish all your enterants well.

Cheers Drinks   Michael Hooper

Vice President RQAS GC   www.rqasgoldcoast.com

Queensland, AUSTRALIA

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Traci_T wrote
on 2 Jul 2012 6:34 PM

Hi! Is the competition open to all skill levels or are only highly experienced artists encouraged to apply? I only have classroom experience in painting, but I think I should now start figuring out my own path outside of that. Would entering this competition be a good way to start or would I just be fooling myself? lol I would really like to try but I also want to be realistic.

Thanks for any insight you can give me!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 172
Points 20,510
on 3 Jul 2012 9:13 AM

Hi Traci,

Yes, it's open to all skill levels so feel free to apply. The great thing about competitions of this nature is even if you aren't selected you still get your name and artwork in front of top jurors, so it's good experience and exposure for you.

Good luck!

Allison

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 140
steverude wrote
on 10 Aug 2012 3:20 PM

I wanted to confirm that paintings chosen for exhibition do not have to be for sale.

Thanks,

Jaynelle Rude
www.SteveRude.com 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS