challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 31 Dec 2012 9:34 AM

You may not like my New Year resolution.  Besides getting 30 pounds of weight off of this old body, I need to ween myself from the computer.  So, my resolution is to spend less time on the computer (an addiction) and more time in the studio.

Happy New Year to everyone!  May it be a productive years with an abundance of beautiful artwork.  May it also be a happy and healthy year. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 31 Dec 2012 9:42 AM

Welcome aboard, Betty.  We are pleased to have you join us and we look forward to viewing your work.  This is a good place to learn.    There will be a new thread started tonight or tomorrow with new reference photos.  You can paint the photos exactly or just use them for a starting point and create whatever comes to mind using that theme.  Looking forward to seeing your work in the new year. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 1:27 PM

Hi all For those who are curious about the 1% I'm not sure how this story will evolve yet,I will say that I'm following the fiscal cliff debacle and all that it implies and how my political beliefs will influence the story

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,655
Berkenstock wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 2:35 PM

Welcome Betty.  I too had quit painting back in the 70's.  I didn't realize how much I had forgot and how much the techniques had changed.  You will like it here the people are great and have helped me improve my art tremendously.  I will be putting up the new year challenge some time before mid night and I hope you find something you just have to paint.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,655
Berkenstock wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 2:38 PM

Well Fred I don't care if you lean to the left or the right things don't look good and its not just one party either they are both to carry this blame.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 3:00 PM

Your right Geri, I need to look at my story in a different light and think in a more humorous mode

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 3:29 PM

Fred, I knew exactly where you were coming from,,,,   looking up from the bottom to the top of the cliff where the 1% exist and if They will live up there for ever and build a tower on the top to go even higher,   but you have dragons........!!!!!

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 3:32 PM

Welcome Betty,  you will love it here.....   can't wait to see some of your pieces...  stay tuned.... Tomorrow is just around the clock so to speak and a whole new Chatter and Challenge for 2013

don't for get to add your signature to your set up page and if you want critiques and comments then add C & C welcome along with your name...  then you will be all set to go with the rest of us art Rogues....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 7:29 PM

Happy New Year to everyone.

Geri has posted our new Challenge for January, but he got the dreaded "moderator needs to review" message. I have messaged Courtney but it IS New Year's Eve. - - if she happens to be watching her messages, it will go up - otherwise we may not be able to see it until Wednesday.

I have started the 2013 challengeChatter thread so let's all start of the new year with the new thread.

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 7:48 PM
Yea, thanks Holly! Hang in there Geri we have a whole month. Happy New Year everyone may we all get arty and have a painting marathon all year. Welcome Betty glad you are joining us!, Fred you have been really busy over Christmas and I love them all. Those rocks are so much like Marsha's photo it is uncanny. Love all the Mars ones and it is good to see the still is still going. My camera is broken so am waiting for a new one which is due to come in on Thursday. Hope it takes as good ones as my old cannon. I have dropped and banged the old one on years of travels but it took a curious Curly One to break the door for the batteries. It held on for a while but gave up the ghost over Christmas :( I am hoping to get one more of Marsha's done but may not be able to send a photo until later. Thanks for all the great refs this month Marsha.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 12,300
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 11:16 PM

Sam your resolution sounds like mine except I have no studio just my kitchen table.

Happy New Years to ALL!

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,047
Points 46,325
on 1 Jan 2013 5:39 AM

Betty, welcome to our group! This is a wonderful place to be to reacquaint yourself with oils and learn new techniques. My background is similar to yours in that my occassional classes over the years were at a local museum. Now I'm painting regularly as part of this group and it's both rewarding and educational. Lovely people here!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Page 112 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  108 109 110 111 112 | RSS