challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 26 Dec 2012 7:38 PM

Fred, your rock formations look so much like the photo that Marsha posted that we can see that you've come back to earth.  Nice colors.  The inhabitants of the rocks could decorate all those conifesr for Christmas - maybe next year.

Marsha, we are always alone on Christmas Eve so we went to a movie.  Thanks for recommending those two movies.  We are planning to see them both.  Thursday is our movie night so we'll probably see one of them tomorrow.  

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 27 Dec 2012 9:05 AM

Marsha, You are so right, this is the photo I worked from,Sorry I forgot from whence it came

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 27 Dec 2012 3:20 PM

Hi all, Happy New Year and may y'all be as happy as this old timer in the coming year 11x14 140# arches CP
Fred

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 27 Dec 2012 7:00 PM

Fred, now those are some rugged looking mountains.  We're going to have to name that old hillbilly.  How about Moonshine Joe?  The cabin is almost as rugged looking as the mountain.  At least Mountain Joe managed to get the outhouse on land and not hanging over the cliff.  Love the TV antenna.  Fun paint, Fred.

Marsha, we did go to the movies tonight and saw The Life of Pi.  It was very good and the photography was terrific.  We'll see one of the ones you mentioned on New Year's Day which happens to be my birthday (39th) and the other one next Thursday. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 30 Dec 2012 2:54 PM

Thank you Sam, Meanwhile back on Mars Bennie shows Ruthie Greed Mountain where the banished 1% live 11x14

Fred

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 30 Dec 2012 3:41 PM

Fred, Ho Ho Ho! LOVE this!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 30 Dec 2012 7:06 PM

Fred, I haven't see the ole moonshine maker in a while now,  I see he is still guarding the still.  I see a path to the front door but I don't see a path to the OH...  Is he holdin a gun?  I don't see how anyone can climb that granite mountain, but knowin you there will be a way.... I love the colors in the cabin.  It looks like he gittin' about as good tv reception as I am right now...

Regarding the bears and the 1%....    Have we seen the 1%ers yet?  Are they able to keep or maintain their wares when they were banished..??? or are they still untouchable and safe upon their mountain top?

SAM:   I loved the Pi movie as well.   we saw it in 3D and now I'm a 3D addict... The next one we are going to see is Guilt Trip with Barbara Streisand

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 30 Dec 2012 7:12 PM

Everybody, I have sent a private Conversation to Holly several times regarding getting a schedule for 2013 posted with no response. As far as I know, Geri will be posting a new Challenge Tuesday. If we don't hear from Holly, we'll have to start a new sign-up list. This time, how about doing it like last year and let everybody post their preferences in the thread. The first who asks for a given month, gets it.

We also need to start a new Chatter thread for 2013. I don't mind starting both of those threads but am trying to give Holly as much time as possible. I'm concerned about her and would be relieved to hear from her.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 30 Dec 2012 7:19 PM

I have a question....  If we don't hear from Holly, who is going to post the new CHATTER THREAD FOR 2013?    If everyone is busy I can do it .   Tomorrow is the day I guess...  or do you wait until the actual Jan 1?  either way I am home and my internet is back up now.   I don't plan on going anywhere tomorrow evening...  we can see all the fireworks from the Strip from our backyard so we will celebrate with our dogs....    they love the fireworks I'm shocked,  when they hear them they run outside and look up right away....  smart little guys...

What NYEve plans do the rest of you have?     

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 30 Dec 2012 7:21 PM

Fred, you're scaring me.  Who are the banished 1%.  I think Bennie and Ruthie need to get our of there. The red planet even has a red sky.  Cool!  Nice mountains as always.  You are really having fun with your stories and we're enjoying them too.

Marsha, we have not been to a 3D movie yet but we plan to see Crique in 3D on Tuesday.  I'm sure we'll love it.  My hubby has always been a movie fan and he's got me hooked.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 30 Dec 2012 7:28 PM

Marsha, I answered your question about the January Challenge.  We were typing at the same time and my answer is just above your question.  The new Challenge could go up tomorrow night or Tuesday morning.  Whatever works for Geri.  Let me know if you need help, Geri

We are having our poker buddies ( two couples) here for New Years Eve.  For dinner, we are ordering Chinese food.  We'll play poker until about 10:30 and then I'll put our some snacks and we'll await the arrival of the New Year.  I don't ever drink but I think I'll try some bubbly.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Points 22,420
Berkenstock wrote
on 30 Dec 2012 8:00 PM

The banished 1%?  Isn't that the way Australia got started??Wink

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 4:52 AM

Stella is scared to death of fireworks. If she hears even one go off in the neighborhood she's all upset. I usually don't do anything on New Year's Eve. I think I will spend this last day of the year reading, painting, eating leftover Italian from last nights outing to a resturant and probably watching a mystery movie on Netflix. :)

Happy New Year to everyone and be safe if you're going out!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 5:06 AM

Sam Poker with buddies sounds like a ton of fun.....

Staying home with Stella sounds like a good time to me.  

how we managed to make them like fire works is :   when they were small we purposely stayed home on the 4th just to be with them.  we took them out side during the fireworks and said hooray each time they went off, if we were holding them we would point their little faces up to see the fire activity. and tell them good boys....  they ended up luckily thinking it was just great fun.... lucky us.   This year we have a new little girl dog and I have no idea how she will react...   Tonight we will find out....

I want to wish all of you the best and may 2013 for this group remain as fun as it was in 2012... 

My new year resolution is to take up pastels for 2013....  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
artistbetty wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 9:32 AM

Hello

I am new to using Forums so hope I do this the correct way....    I am glad to join this group !     Thank you all for being here !   I am planning to return to oil painting after 40 years   ( I painted with oils in the 70's )  ( in a class)   Then  about 2 years ago took acrylic classes at Michaels Art & Craft store.     I really miss using oils !!   so here I go .....  am learning all over again.  

Happy New Year to everybody !

Betty

• | Post Points: 50
Page 111 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  108 109 110 111 112  Next > | RSS