challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 5:29 PM

Wow Fred! The light effect on the lower left rock looks like you've pasted a snip of a photo there instead of painted it. Very nice!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 6:32 PM

Fred- Nice sky and rocks in this one. Looks like Red Rock Park in Colorado where I used to live.The mountains in this park are red and not too tall . You sure know how to paint mountains. How many expired credit cards have you used so far?

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 12 Dec 2012 6:55 PM

Fred, great colors in Pile of Rocks Somewhere.  I see a lot of different animals in the distant rock/mountains.  The more I look, the more I see.  The foreground rocks could be petrified dinosaur droppings.  Embarrassed  Great, fun painting.   

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,473
Points 23,595
Berkenstock wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 10:44 PM

Fred you ought to pick up your knives on occasion.  I saw some of your work and it was very nice.  Bears shouldn't be too hard to carve anyway.Wink

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 48,725
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Dec 2012 1:19 AM
Fred, I like your yellow sky and the undulating rocks. Sammy is right there are animals back there, lions and bears and more. Not sure if that was intended. The rock piles are interesting too. Never a dull moment with you around to start us thinking in new directions.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 14 Dec 2012 3:37 PM

Prayers and thoughts of peace and healing for the families who lost children and family at the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting today. :( So so heartbreaking.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 14 Dec 2012 3:53 PM

My heart breaks over what is now playing out in Conn.   There are no words to express the horror and grief inflicted on that community. I can't even think of what to write...  it is the saddest thing ever to happen .........

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 48,725
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 9:47 AM
I agree it is heartbreaking and totally senseless. I cannot imagine the utter devastation those parents must be going through. My prayers are with them all.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 729
Points 12,280
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 10:42 AM

Prayers and thoughts of peace and anything else that can help the world, counties, cities, towns and villages is what I'm wishing for.  The Michigan Legislature passed Senate Bill 59 on Thursday, which tweaks the concealed weapons law by allowing gun owners who receive eight additional hours of training to carry their weapons in formerly gun-free areas, such as day care centers, schools, hospitals, churches and stadiums and bars. This bill only needs to be signed, what are we doing going back to the cowboys days.  Everyone keeps saying guns don't kill but yes they do.

1 story and than I stop it about guns.  I have a very nice young cousin 20's who saw someone in his front yard.  My cousin and his friend got a gun and then when outside to see who it was.  Now that is crazy!  Ok my cousin lives out west on a farm but so what! crazy!  This story ends with no one getting hurt but a GUN!  CRAZY!  I hope my cousin never does that again, was he willing to take a life so easy?

Another note:  My vacation to Mexico was wonderful full of sun and happiness but I did come home with the flu, sorry to say I am so far behind for the holidays that this months challenge I won't be doing.  I need a maid, baker and shopper if anyone wants to help out.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 11:39 AM

Hi Geri  For those who haven't seen some of my carvings here are a couple of Santa's I done for gifts in Christmas's past

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 15 Dec 2012 11:49 AM

Hello all,

After admiring all of the paintings with limited palettes, I challenged myself to do one. It was very difficult not to spash lots of colors everywhere, but here is my attempt with watercolor pencils and gouache on 5” x 7” 140 lb hot-pressed watercolor paper. (I also challenged myself not to outline everything with pen-and-ink.)  Although the painting was loosely derived from a photo of Frida Kahlo, it is not a faithful portrait of her.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 11:49 AM

Hi all To view those photos right click and open in a new window I also want to include a couple of woodburnings that I liked to do before i got the painting bug

Fred

Kit Fox

General Store

Horse and Barn

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 15 Dec 2012 11:55 AM

Very very nice Alex and I agree portraits look more painterly and natural without the outlines ay least in my opinion

Fred

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 15 Dec 2012 12:09 PM

Fred, wow! First of all, I love your Santas, especially the one with a golf club, fishing rod, and board.

But the wood-burnings ... Double wow! So beautiful the way you used detail and absence of detail to create texture, depth, and values. And the portrayals of buildings, horse, and fox are so beautifully drawn. We're again seeing a whole new side of you!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 15 Dec 2012 2:09 PM

Fred, your wood carvings of Santa are very well done and very attractive.  Your wood burnings are super.  I like all three - the details of the general store and the barn - but I particularly like the kit fox.  Beautiful eyes, fur and wood grain.  You have had quite a career in art.

Alex, wonderful little portrait and now you know that you can work well with a limited palette.  Your loose style is really nice.  I love the background as well as her hair.  The details of her face are great.  I think perhaps the skin tones on the original aren't as yellow as the copy.  It it is, you could mix the yellow and red to get some peachy tones as  you did for her cheeks.  This is a charming little portrait. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Page 105 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  103 104 105 106 107  Next >  ... Last » | RSS