challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 18 Nov 2012 7:06 PM
Well I think most of them could be interpreted as Christmas cards either religious, secular (with Santa and such) or traditional (horses and home through snow etc) then there is is comedic which is very loosely based on some of the former. Most of the ones I saw could all have been made into Christmas cards. Did you have a specific one in mind?

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 18 Nov 2012 9:19 PM

Jen the one with the horses pulling the sorghum sled is the main one but there is a couple others that I think are pushing it a bit.  Sorghum is made in the early fall or late summer.  It is a beautiful picture it just didn't say Christmas to me.  Maybe I am being too picky.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 18 Nov 2012 9:59 PM
Well maybe, but it isn't a big deal really. It's just for fun and some common place to put our holiday ideas. Anyway that is all it is for me. I wouldn't worry about it too much. As it is the season of love and goodwill and maybe not stress about it:Geri :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 19 Nov 2012 12:56 PM

Eddie takes a moment to relax and admire his work, the electrical power and water supplies are completed 11x14 limited palette using raw sienna,rose madder, cobolt blue, white and paynes grey

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 19 Nov 2012 1:38 PM

:) Fred I love your bear stories! It's so fun to see what they are going to do next!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 19 Nov 2012 1:43 PM

I found the entry of the single Killer Whale swimming in the ocean to be interesting. It's a great painting and I'm wondering if maybe they just didn't upload it to the wrong gallery.

Do people actually vote for the card(s) they like or how is the winner decided on?

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 20 Nov 2012 1:54 PM

Thank you Catherine here is another in the series Electric and plumbing installed in Bennie and Ruthie's cave tells what this painting depicts but there is more to the story that's evolving. 11x14 140# arches CP
Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 20 Nov 2012 9:05 PM

The art center had a class on making transfers and I decided to take it.  I asked if I needed to bring anything and they said pictures and any thing I would like to make a collage with.  Well I had no idea what I really needed so I took 3 pictures and some stuff I rounded up around the house  I went in cold without a plan and came up with this.  Not the best thing I ever done but I thought I would post it anyway.  That is me in the lower left before I lost 50#

Fred It is going to be interesting to see the bears new book.  When can we expect it??

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 7:54 AM

Fred I read an article yesterday that said the mars rover had found something "history making" and nasa would reveal it in two weeks. I wonder if the bears will reveal it first? ;)

Geri I love your collage! A hello to you and that cool hat your are wearing in your photo. The colors you've used are very calming and vintage looking. I don't know if you've seen this video but here on the Artists Daily site under Videos and on page 2, last row, first video is one called Beyond Drawing Basics: The Art of William Kentridge. I saw half of it this morning and plan on watching the rest this evening. He is a very interesting artist. Maybe you'd like it.

Sandi I love your Santa and horse painting. It's so colorful and traditional.

A Happy Thanksgivng to everyone here on the forum!

My plan for the next four days is to eat, nap, eat, draw, draw, paint, eat, nap, watch a movie or two, eat, draw, paint, paint. draw and maybe bathe at some point ;)

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 21 Nov 2012 8:47 AM

Marsha, I'm sorry that you've had physical problems - scary ones at that - and I'm glad that you're well and home from the hospital.  Take care of yourself. 

Very nice Santa painting.  Everything is simplified which is very cute.  Poor Santa got a cat for Christmas.  This is a cute card and brings a smile to one's lips.

Bob, it's a rare thing for San Fransisco to get a rainy weekend.  Glad you could put it to good use.  I'll be watching for the completion of those gourds.

Fred,  those bears are wasting no time getting established on Mars.  You are still a master rock painter.  Love the colors.

Catherine, Nice angels - particularly the wings and gown on the brown one.  I like the simplicity of this.  

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 21 Nov 2012 8:54 AM

Geri, you did a really good job on the collage.  I love the leaves and the textures and the figures.  I think you can be proud of this.  Congratulations on losing 50 pounds.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 238
Points 4,985
Bob in SF wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 10:38 AM

Thanks Sam and Fred.

Great interaction of bears and technology, Fred - very creative and enjoyable!

Calming and graceful angels, Catherine.

Geri - very nice collage - plenty of interest to keep the eyes moving through it.

Gourd instruments delayed, but revving up again - found the right euphonium mouthpiece, and ready to color-tone the first with home made watercolors (raw pigment + distilled water + gum Arabic + a few drops of ox gall as a wetting agent). Fun to burn through watercolors with pyrography points because the colors change unpredictably in the heat.

gourd and mouthpiece

raw pigments ready for watercolor making

Warm regards to all for a great Thanksgiving.

- Bob

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 21 Nov 2012 10:43 AM

Bob, what fun!  Mixing your own watercolors!  That gourd looks perfectly suited for that mouthpiece.  I'm eager to see the finished product and what the heat does to the watercolors.  Thanks for sharing this.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 4:52 PM
Fred your bears are so productive they will have a thriving multi cultured City going up there in no time! In the meantime our guys are still trying to collect rocks and find water! Love it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 4:55 PM
Geri I have never figured collage either. Seems like a lot of trouble but you have come up with a good combination with the limitations you went in with. Great to see your smiling face in the midst of other folks and foliage.

Page 89 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  87 88 89 90 91  Next >  ... Last » | RSS