challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,852
Points 47,555
Turps245 wrote
on 16 Nov 2012 10:56 AM
Sammy safe trip and have a lovely time! Mine Dallas ones are coming up so will have to get busy. I am not big on cooking but oh well!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 16 Nov 2012 11:36 AM

Hi all For y'all following the progress on my new book Bears Mission to Mars, Here are 1 cover photo 2 flight simulator training 3 viewing Curiosity launch now I go back to where I left off

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 16 Nov 2012 10:28 PM

Hi all again,   I guess I responded in the November challenge site regarding some subjects that should have been written here   so I will post it a second time ... for good measure..  then I will pop over to the new card area.... here was my response...

My goodness I have just had quiet an ordeal....   I went to the hospital a couple of days ago with chest pains and just this hour got home....  after being stuck, probed, stress tested, and every other thing that goes into a stressful hospital stay... with that all said,  I am doing ok and after some very high blood pressure, colestrol findings and a full blown case of fibromyalgia in my chest and back, I am happy to be home again,  maybe I can get some sleep tonight although I am still in some discomfort.....

Now on a brighter note: 

James:  I noticed the look on the fairies face as well but I thought she was posing for his painting, and she was wishing he would hurry up because she was also tired of holding his palette for him....   I love the painting....    I give my husband things to do all the time....

Alex:  Thank you so very much again for the kind comments.

Bob:  I sent you and email regarding your music, but I will comment here about your art...  It is truly amazing the talent you have in so many art venues....  you are so left brained.

Sam:  Have a great time with your GK and look forward to your return.  I found that my epson printer prints on thick paper and tried out a couple of cards scanned from the original and they turned out really well.  

I am glad Courtney came through with the card contest.  We all will certainly have fun with that....

JEN:  My husband suggested getting a box of envelopes a walgreens or walmart.   I will look into that possibility as well. 

Geri:   Special Processed American Meat is what "SPAM"  means   just a piece of trivia...  The red cross supplied the POW's in Germany during WWII with Cans of Spam....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,852
Points 47,555
Turps245 wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 12:21 AM

Wow Fred, Looks like Benny is on his way! Bet Mamma is anxious.

Marsha what an ordeal. hope you are back on track again. Maybe slow down all that art!! Getting older leads to all kinds of new expeiences we could do without!Take care of yourself.

Howard seems to think we can make envelopes just fine. We shall see. I did see the envelopess at Wal mart so I know I have options! I posted my card over in the Move Over Hallmark section but I ended up with two pictures Weird! Saw you had another one Marsha Love the strangled cat!!! ( and yes I am a cat lover)

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 2:21 AM

Thanks Jen...  I adore cats,  we have two... I feel badly that it appeared the cat was being strangled....  I intended for Santa to just be holding it up beneath its arms.  My husband asked me to make this one for humor....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 3:42 AM

Marsha I'm glad you're alright! The tests alone sound stressful. Carry a litte sketch book with you. Drawing is relaxing and I think it helps to ground you as well as removes you a little from real time hussle and bussle situations that can drag you into their chaos.

I love your Santa with the cat. lol I like cats too and used to have one. When I brought my shelter dog home I realized she also liked cats so I gave my cat to my daughter and I go visit him sometimes.

Yes, Bob. You're metal work is what metal work is supposed to look like. Mine looks like scrap.

Thank you Alex for the compliment on my orchid. Sam and Geri were very helpful in sending my eye to the right areas so I could tweak it a bit.

Geri I used to eat Spam. It is really good fried with lots of musturd and tomato but after reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair I will barely eat a hot dog. Yes the Grateful Dead had it's moments lol. Ever been to a Dead show? I went to my first in the summer of 1993 and then a second time maybe the next year. Quite an experience to say the least!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,443
Points 23,220
Berkenstock wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 8:32 AM

I am not a big dead fan I just like some of there music.  I am more of a blues fan but I like all good music even if my idea of good may be different than most.

My favorite album is THE WALL and favorite song is A DAY IN THE LIFE.  Favorite new groups Head and hand and civil wars.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,443
Points 23,220
Berkenstock wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 8:40 AM

Well SPAM can not be any worse than Souse or Head Cheese or even REAL Mince meat and I like all of themBig Smile

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 238
Points 4,985
Bob in SF wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 10:12 AM

Thanks Alex, Marsha, and Catherine.

Great bears as always, Fred.

Hope you feel better, Marsha - nothing like a little artwork to take the edge off.

I'm lucky to have a little commission this rainy weekend to make some chromatically playable gourd-based musical instruments - trumpet ("grumpet"), saxophone ("gourdophone") and hand drums ("gablas") - dried gourds pictured here with a shell trumpet that I fashioned for an "organic" band this past summer (gets 2+ octaves with some careful manipulation of the vortex at the far half of the opening).

Hoping to decorate the gourds with raw hand rubbed pigment and abstract+figurative pyrography;  may or may not have time to smith out sheet copper bells (stay tuned).

Keep up the fine rendering.

Best regards, Bob

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 12:12 PM

Hi all The bears seek out a suitable homesite to establih a bear colony and find the perfect location 11x14 140# arches CP

Gosh Bob Thats beautiful work

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 7:50 PM

Fred ..That's so sweet! I love your mountains. One of these days I'm going to try mountains.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 8:03 PM

Geri.

I'm not a Dead fan at all but went to the first Dead show at my daughter's request. Went to the second Dead show with my daughter because then I knew what went on at Dead shows. lol

Pink Floyd was a really interesting band. I listen to the classical station in our town but they play a lot of boring stuff usually and sometimes NPR World Cafe when I remember it's on. I love Gregorian Chants a lot. There is a radio station that is located in the Baton Rouge High School that plays the best old blues I've ever heard. Saturday afternoons. I wish I could get that station up here in Ohio. Maybe I'll email them and see if they will send me their playlist for those Saturday shows. I like the old blues artists and one of my favorites is John Lee Hooker with Carlos Santana doing the song Chill Out.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 8:04 PM

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 8:09 PM

16 x 19 inch. I have a 10 foot x 3 1/2 foot roll of 93 lb. watercolor paper that has to be cut and then stretched before I can use it. It has a strange feel to the surface and is really only good for practice sketches and then a light wash. The greenish one was done Friday morning and the brown was done this morning. I will be all winter learning about cast objects. I end up painting them afer I do a quick sketch. I like to make them my own but need to stop that as I need the drawing practice.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,443
Points 23,220
Berkenstock wrote
on 18 Nov 2012 6:02 PM

I was checking out the Christmas card entries and was wondering why some (even though they were really nice work) qualified as Christmas cards.  ( I am good at run on sentencesWink)

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 88 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  86 87 88 89 90  Next >  ... Last » | RSS