challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 13 Nov 2012 7:07 PM

Awww, Marsha, this one is sweet and precious.  The baby in swaddling clothes, the humble Santa adoring Him and the raptly attentive lamb.  Great idea and card.  

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 14 Nov 2012 8:04 AM

I just heard from Cindy.  She has been occupied with family, personal and military situations.  She hasn't been painting and hopes she can get back to it later this month.  I'm just glad to know that she's not in the Middle East and is okay.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,522
Points 24,410
Berkenstock wrote
on 14 Nov 2012 4:16 PM

Marsha you share have been a painting fool lately all nice paintings but your "The Greatest Gift really stands out.I like it and what it says.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,522
Points 24,410
Berkenstock wrote
on 14 Nov 2012 4:21 PM

Holly glad you are doing better.  We have missed you.  Please try and stay in touch even if you don't do any painting.  Take care of yourself.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 4:04 AM

Holly I hope you feel better soon.

Dave I really like your landscape. The colors are beautiful.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 15 Nov 2012 9:02 AM

Bob, it is so delightful to hear from you.  You are so creative and inspirational.  I hope that you can manage to post from time to time.  Your copper banded butterfly fish is first class. Wonderful detail for such a small piece.  It looks like it is relief so can't help wondering if you place the copper on a mold to get that puffy look.

Yep, that's Alan Ladd.  Excellent likeness.  But I am particularly enthralled by the borosilicate glass sculpture partly because I am in love with color and partly because it is so pretty.  Is it on the end of a pencil?  That must be an intriguing technique.

Thanks for the recommendation for supplements.  I have been using the Source of Life shake daily since you first recommended it.  I'll try the others now, too.  It's good that you are so knowledgeable about nutrients since so many doctors are not.

I'm eager to watch your Youtube videos but am busy packing and tying up loose ends around here today.  After we get through this trip,Thanksgiving and the big art show on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I'll be sure to sit down and feast on those videos.  Thanks for sharing them.

Please stay in touch. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 15 Nov 2012 9:05 AM

Everybody, Bob from San Francisco posted work that is on page 86.  For some reason, I didn't have any indication that he had posted until this morning.  Go figure?  Check it out.  Beautiful work.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 15 Nov 2012 12:42 PM

Bob, I just treated myself to the first of the list of YouTube videos you posted and it was a treat, indeed. The clarinet music was beautiful, pleasant and soothing. And the art is nothing less than exciting. This is the first of marble sculptures I've seen. The glass work is wonderful and so are your ties. You should post the bright frog painting here since we've seemed to have a frog theme this month. I've saved that site to my favorites and when time allows, I plan to really enjoy your work. Thanks again

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 2:17 PM

Very interesting work Bob! I like it.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 15 Nov 2012 6:59 PM

The Move Over Hallmark! Holiday Card Contest is now posted.  After you click on Galleries, click on Holiday Card Art Contest.  This group will have lots of paintings to contribute.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 12,300
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 7:01 PM

Bob, it is wonderful to have you back many times I thought of sending you a note how much we miss you.  Sorry now that I didn't do it.  Your art work is beautiful.  Looking forward to more soon.  Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Nov 2012 10:15 PM
Bob great to see you back here you have been missed. I love the u tube videos your versatility and mastery of so many different mediums and instrumens is amazing and inspiring. Hope you can pop in more often. I miss your post to it didn't show up on my e-mail.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 238
Points 4,985
Bob in SF wrote
on 16 Nov 2012 12:33 AM

Heartfelt thanks, Sam, Catherine, Joyce, Jen and Marsha.

Sam - the copper banded butterfly fish was engraved from life at the CA Academy of Sciences, then I torch-annealed it to release the stress, chased down the front, then repoussed the fish details back out with hand ground chasing/repousse tools.  The final steps were liver of sulfur patina followed by hand rubbing with jewelers rouge to bring out highlights; and finally sprayed with 2 coats of Nikolas brand brass instrument lacquer to preserve the piece.

Alan Ladd was engraved "from life" by freezing the DVD player on a frame of one of his fine Film Noir movies, then monochromed with liver of sulfur patina.

The cherry blossom was done by drawing out various colors and thicknesses of 24kt gold-fumed borosilicate glass into thin stringers.  Then I made a clear glass hemisphere, "drew" the stamens and petals onto the flat side, let the clear glass melt down along the sides, pulling (imploding) the stamens and petals up inside.  I flattened a yellow pencil-like form out with graphite paddles, pulled out some leaves, kiln-annealed it overnight at 1050 degrees, the planted it in the ground with these other (more abstract) glass blossoms/buds:

Best regards, and keep up the fine artworks! - Bob

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 16 Nov 2012 5:39 AM

Bob, the glass buds are awesome.  It was interesting to watch you fire and shape them in your video. I particularly like the one on the left perhaps because you used my favorite colors.

Everybody, I'm off to see my family in GA and SC.  See ya either Tuesday evening or Wednesday.  Keep those cards coming.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,047
Points 46,350
on 16 Nov 2012 9:37 AM

Dave, congratulations on your prize in the plein air competition! Although the painting is beautiful as a whole, I particularly loved the landscape and trees on the far side of the river - the colors, the gradual softening of the lines the further away they get.

Catherine, wow! Your orchid is beautiful. In the last iteration, you can see all of the small changes that enhanced it so much. When you look at the first post and then the last, the progression is beautiful.

Marsha, "DEEP" is startling and jarring, and powerful. On the other end of the spectrum, your "Greatest Gift" is lovely and old-fashioned and touching.

Dave in SF! So good to see you back! The copper-banded butterfly fist is beautiful, as is your glass-blowing. It is wonderful to have you back with all the interesting materials you incorporate into your art – or vice versa.

Fred, I just visited your book page and am going back as soon as I finish this note. SO glad you put the bears adventures into these charming books!

Holly, I'm sorry you’ve been so constrained in what you can do, and am so glad to have you back.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Page 87 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  85 86 87 88 89  Next >  ... Last » | RSS