Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 4:55 PM
Fred your bears are so smart! SAMMY, to answer your question I still have the painting. As we have all been without a space to paint I have not seen my friend whose church it is. ( her husband is the Vicar) I also, did not feel the painting was right so I think I will do it over.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 7:06 PM

Goodness Gravy!! I am so far behind again. I still can't figure out how to get email notifications from here. I used to get them, but now I don't.

I have some news everyone!! We got the Certificate of Occupancy. I have begun moving things into the house and we will be working hard for the next couple of weeks.

Kristina-

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso

C & C are always welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 8 Nov 2012 7:22 PM

Kristina, that's great news.  I wish you much happiness in your new home.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 8:16 PM
Kristina, wow finally. You must be so excited. All the best. Hope you can start painting in your own space really soon!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 8:22 PM

Glad to see you Kristina, good your you and your new move.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 8:25 PM

Fred.   I love the Graduation piece.   He is probably the one that invented curiosity.  Education is the key to a lot of our problems,  They look so young and handsome....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 8:31 PM

Sammy to answer your question,  I do many ways,  put them on dry then wet it, put them on wet, apply them to wet,  scribble on a piece of paper then put a wet brush into the scribble and pick up the color. 

I changed my avatar to one of the Santa colored pencil pieces I did last year.  Its time to get them out again.  Good memories of last year.

OH by the way,   they are romantic......   as are the couple it is intended for.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 9 Nov 2012 4:14 AM

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 9 Nov 2012 4:26 AM

My handmade Christmas ornament on the far right. Yes, it's art and I felt like a little kid when I said out loud "I made it myself". It's made out of iron and I hand forged it, along with the other items, at a class last night  located in a foundry. Kicked my butt! Using a tiny watercolor brush to make art is a long way from poking your materials into a 1700 degree forge and then using a 3lb. balpine hammer, 18inch tongs to pull them out and pound on them, twist them, put them back into the forge to get white hot again, punch a hole in them, back into the forge to get hot again, repound them straight and all while you're sweating so much your hair is wet and your arm is ready to fall off. Not to mention I now have no hair on my left hand as I had to pull the hot iron out of the forge with my left hand. LOL But no flesh burns and that's a good thing. The hook is 10 inc. long and the ornemant spiral thingy is 6 in. the other two little hooks are around 2 in.

I have some 100 yr.old copper strips from a roof and I want to make a wind sculpture so I thought I would see what was in that foundry incase I needed to rent their tools and space to put it together in.

http://columbusideafoundry.com/

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 9 Nov 2012 6:17 AM

Marsha, I like your new avatar and I remember that painting from last year.  It is so cute and sweet.

Catherine, my goodness but that sounds like it's not only hot but tedious difficult work.  The pieces you've shown us are interesting and the twisted one will look nice on the tree. Thanks for sharing. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,533
Points 24,595
Berkenstock wrote
on 9 Nov 2012 7:10 AM

Marsha your new avatar I very good but I don't think it is near as nice as Santa Getting Ready For Christmas.  One mans opinion for what its worth.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 9 Nov 2012 2:33 PM

Hi all, After college Bennie decides to apply for astronaut training and is selected 11x14 140# arches CP limited palette using aureolin,cobolt blue,rose madder, white,paynes grey and silver

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 9 Nov 2012 3:30 PM

Bennie Bear ... Be All that you can be..... 

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 9 Nov 2012 3:51 PM

I can tell that it won't be long before Bennie Bear is on his way to Mars.

Page 83 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  81 82 83 84 85  Next >  ... Last » | RSS