challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 9:34 AM

Thank you Catherine,Sam,Marsha and Alex for your comments and now there is something I'd like to say  I am proud to be an American and equally proud of the American people,now let's unite and get this great nation's work done.

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 7:07 PM

Fred I agree with you.... 

I painted this for a friend of my that their last name is Rhynes  so here is my pair of Rhynes....  I did my own thing.   it is a combination of watercolor pencil and watercolor.  I didn't want them to look like a photo so I played with the color of them.   They are certainly different.  5.5 x 6.5  Strathmore Vellum.   I chose colors from her color scheme in her family room.   The husband has cancer and because of the new Medical care programs, he was able to afford his treatments that are $3,000.00 per injection and he has to have them at least once a month.   He lost his job due to the stress of the cancer and treatments.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 7:25 PM

Marsha cool picture I love the mottled colors.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,880
Points 48,235
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 9:41 PM
Hi guys sorry I have been MIA. Been busy catching up from my grandkids trip. Boy am I tired! You have all been so very active I am so way behind. Sammy I hope your daughter is feeling better. Welcome back Alex glad you are painting again, and Joyce too. Geri I love your new aviator and you did such a good job on my nightmare elipse challenge. I really will have to have a go. Marsha love all the frogs and the latest hippos. You have been busy, Fred the bears are really making friends on Mars. Lots happening there. Okay will have to go and look up the new names as my brain can't hold them all!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,880
Points 48,235
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 9:45 PM
Okay and welcome Catherine you have done some really nice drawings and I like your WC too. Glad you are feeling at home with us.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,880
Points 48,235
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 9:47 PM
I have some good news too our art group has finally started up again in our new home. I might actually get some art done now! Well I better catch upwith the other threads now. Has anyone heard from Holly? I guess she is feeling poorly again.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 10:16 PM

Jen I have had more comments on the painting I am using as my avatar than anything I ever done.  Something seems to draw people to it (it must be the bacon) and I don't think it is any thing special I just did it for fun just to see how well could paint ellipses, eggs and use a square format.  You just never know

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,880
Points 48,235
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 10:32 PM
Gerri, it is definitely the bacon!!!! Sometimes things just work!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 3:46 AM

Thank you Jen! So many great artists here!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 4:52 AM

JEN:   so very happy to see you back in action....  I missed you but I am glad you have a new art studio and I hope the walls are lined with memories and spiritual inspiration.  

GERI,  thank you for the compliment,  I just looked at the rhynos and the photo isn't done to well.   oh hey,  another day....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 8 Nov 2012 7:55 AM

Marsha, kudos for your willingness and creativity in using unusual colors on those rhinos.  I think they look neat.  The background is attractive also with a nice mix of colors.  I can't help wondering if they are being romantic or challenging each other.   Since the one of the right is smaller it could be a female and, therefore, it could be an amorous incounter.

Do you apply your watercolor pencil and then brush with water or do you dip your watercolor pencil into water and then apply?  I've done both.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 8 Nov 2012 7:58 AM

Jen, it's so good that you now have a studio for your group and can begin the Saturday sessions again.  I'm looking forward to seeing the work you will be creating.

One of the last things you did before your teacher passed was the sheep in a field to donate to your church.  I'm curious as to what kind of reaction you got from the church members.  Somehow, I suspect that they loved it.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 10:44 AM

Hi all ,since this series is evolving into a Mars saga I need to start again at the beginning, where Bennie has decided to return to college. 11x14 140# arches CP limited palette Aureolin yellow, cobolt blue ,Rose Madder, Paynes grey and White.

Fred

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 10:49 AM

:) What was Bennie's degree in?

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 8 Nov 2012 12:55 PM

Aeronautical Engineering

Fred

Page 82 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  80 81 82 83 84  Next >  ... Last » | RSS