challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 28 Oct 2012 2:09 PM

Catherine, I've never heard of Marie's paints and it looks like that is something we should all avoid.  I'm looking forward to seeing your foxglove painting. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 28 Oct 2012 2:09 PM

Catherine, I've never heard of Marie's paints and it looks like that is something we should all avoid.  I'm looking forward to seeing your foxglove painting. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 28 Oct 2012 4:32 PM

FRED:   I love your mountains,   remind me of Baked Alaska's.   Just kidding/ Do you have your paper flat when you do your texture technique with the CC.  I love the little bit of backwash in your water.   a marvelous look.   Havn't see that dragon in a long time but i am happy to see the Mars family will be getting company.  They have to be rich as ordinary families couldn't afford the trip any more now that it has been privatized. 

CATHRINE:  I have a set of Maries and they are wonderful when using them for what they are intended for.   They are not ordinary water colors.  you sort of hit it on the head when you said more like ink.   They are used in Chinese Paintings which of course are inks.  They are the best Chinese color inks on the market for doing color sumi or other styles of Chinese paintings on silk and rice paper and all the great Chinese papers.  

I always intended to dabble in that style but never found the time. 

I too am looking forward to your foxglove painting.  I was trying something with the fox glove as well but I'm not happy with the results.   I was doing more of a mixed media thing.  I haven't tossed it out yet but i am on the verge of doing so...  I will keep trying to tweak it to see if something can still emerge from it.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 28 Oct 2012 6:08 PM

Shiela- It's so good to hear from you. Everyone needs a break from our routines some time. Sounds like you have used your break time very well. Way to go. Hope you will have some more of your work to show us when you return home.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 28 Oct 2012 6:23 PM

Fred- I didn't know the Bears can shed their coats from red to green easily. May be they have their coats in every shade of colors in their closets like humans do, LOL.

For the Golden Isles, the colors are gorgeous, the mountains are well done and I see the swimming dragon. There is a story here.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 28 Oct 2012 6:54 PM

wetpaperfan. Thank you for the information on the Maries watercolors. It was a hard way to learn the difference but now that I know how they are supposed to be used I will set them aside for use on rice paper.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 28 Oct 2012 7:00 PM

I really love this Fred! I'm so sorry for making such a short remark about this painting in an earlier post. I was all absorbed in my own drama and shouldn't have been so selfish about it. I have shown your Bear family paintings to my coworkers and we just love the story line to those paintings. Especially the Valentine Bears on the wing of the plane. The mountains in this one are very nice. I like the colors you've used too.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 28 Oct 2012 7:21 PM

I have a question for all of you.  November is my turn to post reference photos.  I have selected just one Thanksgiving still life with the remaining seven being winter and Christmas subjects.  One winter scene even has a polar bear for Fred.  The reason for this is that some of you like to paint Christmas cards and I wanted to give you plenty of time to do that.  Will all of you be okay with this selection or would you rather have fall subjects?  Please reply.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 28 Oct 2012 7:33 PM

Sammy- I am fine with your selection. We will have more time to do Christmas cards. It's like going shopping early in November instead of doing the last minutes shopping close to Christmas day.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 28 Oct 2012 7:36 PM

Thanks for replying, Sandi.  If I remember correctly, there was very little activity during December last year, especially the later half.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 28 Oct 2012 8:34 PM
Sounds good to me too. I will be back in a week. I did not get much done this month but now our new art studio is finally ready to go so might get more done. Thanks for hosting Sammy.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 28 Oct 2012 11:42 PM

Thanks, Jen.  Marsha is hosting the December Challenge and I think she could do more Christmas reference photos or whatever she wants.  You know how creative Marsha is.  She'll have great selections.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 29 Oct 2012 12:02 AM

WOW!  so much confidence in me.....  teehhede put me on the spot....

Sam I think that is a great Idea to get a head start on the cards, but you could still include one fall pic for good measure.   I remember really getting started last year with the wooden
Santa ....   and the old car and squirrel... I love your choices...  we will all have fun for the next two months...

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 29 Oct 2012 12:06 AM
Indeed! I bet she has some good ones. I guess I should sign up again for next year. I can do it do best in the Winter when I tend to stay home. Did Holly set up a new sign up for 2013? The little ones have kept me busy this visit.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 29 Oct 2012 12:09 AM

Jen: Its soooooo good to hear you are getting your art studio back in shape.    

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Page 75 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  73 74 75 76 77  Next >  ... Last » | RSS