This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 130
szechy wrote
on 21 Oct 2012 2:55 PM

International Artist Residencies & Exhibition, Budapest 2013

Our program is open for 2013!

HMC International Artist Residency Program, a not-for-profit arts organization based in Dallas, TX/Budapest, provides national and international artists with the opportunity to produce new work while engaging with the arts community in Budapest, Hungary.

Please visit our website for more information and application form.

http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com/id93.html

The HMC is an artist run, non-profit, multi-disciplinay arts organization dedicated to excellence, experimentation, and education in all forms of contemporary art and culture.  The AIR/HMC, Budapest mission is to bridge cultural, geographic, and linguistic divides by bringing people together through the arts in order to foster a greater understanding of world cultures. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Oct 2012 4:04 PM

Fred- Your Fall painting is very nice. Beautiful Fall foliage and water. I'd like to see more blue sky since there is a blue sky reflection in the water. Other than that it's a beautiful Fall painting.

The Bears are diligently turning Mars into their happy home. Now they are into making a Hydraulic power system, they must have some engineering knowledge. The lake is named after Sam!  Such an honor to Sam.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 21 Oct 2012 4:12 PM

Hzecsy-  Your international art organization in Budapest sounds interesting, but this forum is comprised of a small group of artists who paint/draw and make arts from the Photo Challenges in the forum to show and receive critiques/comments. Perhaps you can reach wider population of artists and art lovers in a more general area of Artist Daily and also other artist network such as Wet Canvas, etc. Good luck to your effort.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 130
szechy wrote
on 21 Oct 2012 4:17 PM

Thank you for your note Sansichot!  I will post few times and may will rich more artists...  We already hosted over 800 artists!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 21 Oct 2012 5:23 PM

I'm back!!!   Spent some quality time in San Francisco and Las Vegas.  Nice to have family living in destination cities - sure cuts down on hotel costs.  Quite a difference from the dry flatland prairie/wheat fields of Northeastern Colorado.  Great times visiting family, great food, amazing galleries and of course the ocean!!!  

Unfortunately, I was unable to keep up on the chatter group.  Turned off cell phones and computers.  (Life before technology!!!)  Anyway, hope to get caught up on the latest posts (many I'm sure) and see what ya'll have been doing in my absence/

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Oct 2012 6:38 PM

Sheila:   I'm sorry I didn't know you were here,  I live in Las Vegas and I am from the San Francisco Bay Area.   It would have been nice to meet someone from this little group...

maybe another time.

Fred:   The fall foliage is beautiful it looks like your flash on your camera didn't enable us to see any blue sky except for the very right hand side.  

Its nice to know Bears are running things and handling Curiosity up thar on Mars..  Their mars turtles must be delicious in a soup.  I love the radiating color of the mysterious event going on in Sam's Lake.  Is it Derf?  you must have an engineering mind.   and Curiosity must have different attachments on that vehicle.  good thinking.   Its good that they thought of taking seeds with them.  apple, pine, veggies, maybe some flower seeds as well.  I see they are keeping clean too.   great job.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Oct 2012 6:56 PM

Joyce:  your cast shadows are coming along nicely,   you could add just a tad  more to the lighter tree  and darken the shadows on the rocks as well as the darken the back side of the trees,  there would be no break in the shadowing on the back side of the tree.  

I like the color palette you are using and the different colors in the grass and trees.  When I blew it up to look at it you have a touch technique that is interesting.  great job.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Oct 2012 7:19 PM

Geri, your tomatoes are beautiful.   I am unable to critique as I am a new cp person the best person to help you with cp is Sam as she is a master at it.  I just plain like the tomatoes...!

Sam:  These are amazing, the shadowing and detail is superior.   I never even gave it a thought to use one color for a portrait.  you have given me some food for thought.

I do the graphite pencil portraits why not use one color cp to do the same thing.  

do you remember the indian woman and child I did.  maybe I could do that in cp.  I love all of your work...

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,524
Points 24,450
Berkenstock wrote
on 22 Oct 2012 9:22 PM

Marsha thank you for the good comments on my tomato's.  You mentioned graphite portraits.  That is some thing I need to work on .  Mine are to put it politely horrible.  In fact all my figure a portrait  work really suffer.  Thanks again for the kind words.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 25 Oct 2012 2:47 PM

Hi all Astronaut Bennie Bear finds friends on Mars Freddie and Ruthie 11x14  arches 140# cp paper

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 25 Oct 2012 5:17 PM

Fred,  it's amazing that there are green bears on Mars.  What good luck for the black bear family.  And Bernie has wheels!  The landscape looks as desolate as I imagine Mars to be but these bears will surely change that.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 25 Oct 2012 5:21 PM

Geri, Fred and Marsha, thank you for the kind words regarding my monochromatic portraits.  Marsha, I think that the Indian woman and child would be great in colored pencil.  Looking forward to seeing it.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 27 Oct 2012 12:55 PM

Hi all A limited palette using a triad of cad red light,cad yellow light,and ultamarine blue on 11x14 arches 140# cp I call it Golden Isles

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 28 Oct 2012 6:19 AM

Fred, you got some really nice colors with your three primary colors.  As always, the textures on the mountains look neat.  Great colors and movements in the water.  I won't want to run into that sea monster.  Yikes. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 28 Oct 2012 12:59 PM

Tomorrow I'm going to scan my October challenge Foxgloves and post the "finished" product even though they are one hot mess. I only had one tube of pink watercolor paint and it's something that was in a box of paint someone gave me. It's Marie's brand and I will never use it again. I'm not trying to make excuses but this paint is evil. It will not pull off the paper once it goes down and trying to pull out any kind of value is next to impossible as it's almost like some sort of ink instead of watercolor. I even tried pure bleach on my cotton paper hoping it would take out some of the pink paint but that didn't even do it. I used the palette from my watercolor box and it's now soaking in bleach in the hopes I can get that wicked pink stain out of my otherwise white palette surface. How frustrating

I like the water effect you have in your painting Fred.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 35
Page 74 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  72 73 74 75 76  Next >  ... Last » | RSS