challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 48,700
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 6:21 PM
Sammy I think you need at least a shoulder and some arm with maybe her leaning on a pillow. If you don't have the actual child handy do you have another maybe a neighbor child who you could pose and take pictures. I would have to have a model I could not make that kind of pose up. You need a child boy or girl around the same size and age. I have done that at art class when I get stuck with hands or such.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 6:24 PM

Judi - What a great photo!   Something to prop her chin on  like this would be really cute, too, Sammy - maybe with some tree limbs, shrubbery (did I spell that right?) and some flowers.

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 48,700
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 6:25 PM
Yes I know pick on Jen! As I tell people you only pick on people you love ( or really can't stand) I will take all the ribbing as long as you stay well and keep popping in Holly.:)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 6:30 PM

Hi guys, 

Sam:  I totally agree with Holly...  it appears that Kaetlyn totally adores Clayton and he her,  the picture is a story all by itself.  It would be more difficult to do a double,  I know they terrify me because as soon as I get the first done i'm afraid I'll mess it up by making a mistake on the second...   but if you can that would make for a wonder painting for the both of them to share....  I posted a photoshoped idea for the other side of her ear.  by bringing her hair down over most of her hear it could work,  while doing this I thought about using a pillow under her chin as if she were clutching it and laughing.  Your grand kids are adorable,  I remember having fun doing Hayden...  I also have a Clayton and a Kaitlyn.  

Fred,  I love your monochromatic,  I can see it isn't to far away from those wonderful tabletop mountains.   and Haint or Haunt.  he is one happy ghost...  I so love your technique.  

Holly,  I love the bowl of apples

Joyce , I can see myself in a pumpkin patch in the full moonlight.  I love the glow of the light on the leaves...  wonderful job.

Jen:  have fun with trick or treater grands...

Sandi and Geri,  your ideas a good too.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 6:52 PM

Jen -  DEAL!

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 9:13 PM

Fred - I like your Fisherman's Cove - it has a lot of movement & the water is nice too.  I love your spook house with the ghosty in tree, the shuttered windows, house is great - thanks for helping me get into the season!

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 4 Oct 2012 10:14 AM

Marsha I think your portrait is simply awesome

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 4 Oct 2012 12:47 PM

Thanks, Judy, for the fun photo of your daughter.  That's creates good possibilities.  And Holly, thanks for the idea of her inside a window.  Good idea.  And Marsha, Thanks for working on Kaetlyn in your photo program and giving her an ear.  That is most helpful.  

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 4 Oct 2012 12:51 PM

Jen, I plan to look through my photos of children to see what I can find.  I also couldn't do this sort of thing with a reference photo.

Marsha, I agree that it is a nice, touching photo as is but I've already done a portrait of Clayton and Haidyn and am working on individual portraits for each of the seven grand grands.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 4 Oct 2012 3:18 PM

Fred:  the thought is there but that was just a photoshop rendition of Sam's grand daughter not a painting or art piece,  although I did enjoy working on Sams GD Hayden and I would love to have a try at Kaetlyn, but I have three children  I am working on now when I have time.   I wish I was re-retired and could just paint and draw.... 

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 5 Oct 2012 1:28 PM

I done this for Halloween using felt tip pens it looked pretty good until I tried blot in a back round using Dr Martins hydrus liquid w/c's to create a spooky effect but it messed it up ,I still think the technique has possibilities

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 5 Oct 2012 3:54 PM

Fred, is that an evil pumpkin bat?  I like the colors you used and agree that it has possibilities. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 48,700
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Oct 2012 5:22 PM

Fred you are so quick at all these great ideas. Love the psooky background I think it works well.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 48,700
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Oct 2012 5:25 PM

Sammy this is a painting I did of my grandson it might give you an idea of how yours could look.

Not sure this was the finished one but it gives you the idea.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,473
Points 23,580
Berkenstock wrote
on 5 Oct 2012 7:05 PM

Jen you guys with your portraits.  I am envious.  They are always so good

Fred Your bat is great too.  Good job.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 69 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  67 68 69 70 71  Next >  ... Last » | RSS