challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 3:41 PM

Hi all and I wish to thank everyone again for all the gracious comments,I've been kind of busy cleaning up the yard preparing for the winter but it has been raining the last couple of days so I managed to plein aire paintings using my imagination Big Smileso here they are I call the first Fishermans cove ,limited palett using w/c on 140# cp the second is Hainted house using w/s colored pencils on 140# HP

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,443
Points 23,205
Berkenstock wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 6:56 PM

Fred I like your hainted house with the haint in the tree.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,443
Points 23,205
Berkenstock wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 7:05 PM

Holly the depth perception that you are seeing is from the type of lens being used on th camera.  A telephoto lens compresses the distance between items in the picture and wide angle spreads them out.  Sometimes this bis very evident sometimes not if you are not familiar with the subject.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,850
Points 47,530
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 7:42 PM
Nice ones Fred, you sure are a busy man for a retred guy! I really love the haunted house with resident ghost! The monochromatic lake has a very thundery feel.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,850
Points 47,530
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 7:45 PM
All our sudden chattiness has frieked out Howard. He opened the e-mail and said what is going on with your art crowd! There are pages of mail from them. I just said well Holly's back and we are so happy and inspired!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 7:49 PM

For some reason, I don't get email updates from here anymore. I checked my settings and I thought it says it's okay, but not sure exactly what is should say.

Fred - I love both those paintings. The monochromatic lake is wonderful, but I totally love the Hainted House.

Kristina-

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso

C & C are always welcomed and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 3 Oct 2012 1:27 PM

Fred, you are really into limited palette and you are doing it well.  There is a lot of movement and drama in Fisherman's cove.  The little rock formation in the center makes me think of a bird.  The water is reflecting the sky well.

Before I realized that the wooden house was haunted I thought, "I'd never go in there."  Now that I know, I am certain that I'd never go in there.  You are so good with the old wood textures.  Perfect painting for the eerie month of October.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 3 Oct 2012 1:28 PM

I need the advice of some creative people and, of course, I thought of you people.  Above is a photo of my oldest great-grandson, Clayton, with his cousin, my oldest great-granddaughter, Kaetlyn.  It has been tough to find a good photo of Kaetlyn since she usually has an unnatural, exaggerated smile which doesn't flatter her.  It's the, "Say Cheese," look. This photo may make a good reference photo.  I would crop it considerably and remove Clayton.  What I need is some ideas as to what I could have her resting her chin on.  I thought of a tree trunk and my husband suggested a fence railing but neither excite me.  Any suggestions? 

Here is the cropped version.

Here is another photo of Kaetlyn with her daddy, my grandson, Rob. This is a possibility with her cousin, Nathan, removed from the picture.  This one tells a story while the other one is just a portrait.  Opinions please.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,443
Points 23,205
Berkenstock wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 4:14 PM

Sam I think her arm with a bent wrist would be the natural choice.  The arm of a couch is another possibility.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 4:38 PM

Fred- I love both your Monochromatic Fisherman cove and the Haunted House. Spooky..scary little house. I wouldn't want to go in there either

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 4:43 PM

Sammy- I am thinking the full face portrait should be Number One and later on you might want to do the other to tell story. I am also thinking if you draw her right hand under her chin, it would be a very cute pose.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 3 Oct 2012 5:04 PM

Thanks, Geri and Sandi.  I had thought about the arm but hate to try to make that up.  The hand is a good idea, too.  Perhaps I can find a good arm and/or hand in another photo.  I have to find a reference photo for her right ear.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 5:43 PM

Sam - just for an idea - here is a picture of my daughter - she had an art project & so we dressed her up & went off to the woods (in winter & froze our (&**&() - but had fun.  Hope it helps!

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 5:55 PM

Sammy - I love that photo just the way it is with both Clayton and Kaetlyn - her expression and smile are wonderful and Clayton has such a sweet look too - and I think this one tells a story of a really neat cousin relationship.   The one of Kaetlyn and Rob is priceless, if you did them both I'm sure no one would be unhappy (except maybe you with all that work!)  If you crop Kaetlyn out you may want to straighted the angle of her head if you are going to put a hand under her chin.  Could you frame her in the painting sort propped chin on the inside window sill looking out?  (Picture painted from outside looking in view)  You have such beautiful children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren!

Fred - your limited palette/monochromatic paintings are all amazing to me, Ditto everything Sammy said.  The scene is so peaceful - I wouldn't mind being there.  That little ghost in the tree in front of the "hainted" house is perfect.  I love your old delapidated house.

Jen  (and everyone else, too) - I am really glad to be back too - but see what I said - you are just a nice person and that makes it really fun and easy to play "pick on Jen".  We'll play nice for a little while.

Geri and Judy - looking at and seeing things differently as a result of painting/drawing - artistic endeavors - is a phenominon that sort of sneaked up on me, too.  It was sort of like an epiphany to me the first time it happened boodles and boodles of years ago.  That "vision" sort of slipped away during the 20-25 years that I did no painting or art work at all.  For it to re-appear for me was like a second epiphany for me.  I think that's probably something that happens to all of us "wierd artist"  Stick out tongue  people as we grow and gain experience.  I think it's really neat!!

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Oct 2012 6:20 PM

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Page 68 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  66 67 68 69 70  Next >  ... Last » | RSS