challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 29 Sep 2012 10:44 PM

wetpaperfan:

just a suggestion,  what if we all post one picture to a challenge for October.  A joint effort so to speak....

Works for me is there any objections???

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 12:06 AM

I can upload a picture too

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 12:20 AM
Me too. When do you want to do it. Who do we e-mail to to put it altogether?

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 7:46 AM

I would take them, but I don't know how to post to the forum except for replies yet -  any help with that?

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 12:49 PM

Sad I'm sad and blushing (couldn't find a blushing smiley face) because I've been AWOL-MIA for so long. Surprise  It seems like every time I have posted anything for about the last year, I've been complaining about working too much overtime or my health!  Both have certainly been major issues over the last 12 months or so.  I have actually been feeling better this last week and could actually get upstairs to my studio area loft and paint.  My priority for this week was to finish one of Sammy's challenge photos - - and YAY, I did it!!!  I will post it in the challenge thread in a little while.

THIS NEXT CHALLENGE IS THE 2nd ANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE - and I actually had put it together last spring when I actually had some creative juices running in my mind.  I'm certainly glad I did because I would have been really crazy by now!

You guys have had no reason to believe I was going to "resurect myself" in time to post this challenge.  I can't tell you how much I just love that you have all stepped up to the plate and offered to put together the next challenge - - - and actually, your idea of everybody posting a picture is a really good one.  I think you guys are just awesome and I feel so insignificant amongst you now since I have let you down for so long.  Hang on to that idea and we'll put it into play for a new challenge in 2013.   I am going to post the 2013 volunteer calendar today, too.  I think I will add an additional section to it which will provide for anyone who feels like they can, to sign up to take over a month in case something happens (like at the beginning of this month when I was really in bad shape trying to breathe and think at the same time.)  We probably should need no more than 2 or 3 folks who would be willing to step forward in a pinch.

Sammy, I can't thank you enough (there are just no words in any language!) for stepping up to the plate for September and for being so active over the last months and thank you for caring so much about the challenge and it's concept.  You are truly our backbone!!

I hope I am back for good now because I really am feeling better - even without the prednisone any more - which makes me think that maybe I'm on the down-hill slide of this stuff now.  (I hope.) 

AND FINALLY - - WELCOME to all you who have joined in our challenge forum!   We truly are a friendly group and we all have the same thing in common - - which is to keep painting and to keep learning.  Each time we paint we learn more from ourselves and each other.  So - welcome, welcome and HAVE FUN!!!!

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 1:20 PM
Holly, I was sooooooooo glad when your smiling face popped up in my e-mail again!! We have all been so worried about you. I am glad you are feeling better and hope you will be able to paint with us again soon. Sammy has kept up all on track and everyone has pulled together and even our newbies have joined in too. It is true, our group fluctuates from time to time but we have a pretty strong core of people and we have managed go and grow, but we are so glad you are back!!! We will all be here for you and willing to help or fill in or whatever. You don't ever have to do it alone we will all do our bit. Love and Hugs.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 30 Sep 2012 1:36 PM

Holly, it is so good to hear from you and to learn that you are feeling better.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you will post for the Anniversary Challenge.  I haven't been doing much painting either, partly because of health issues.  Maybe we can all get rolling again.

It's good that you are off the prednisone and I hope you manage to stay off of it.  That stuff can play havoc with ones physical well being.  I know that I'll never take it again, if I can help it.

Can't wait to see what you painted this the September Challenge.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 3:57 PM

Wasn't sure if this is where I should put this question, but I knew you all would maybe have some suggestions.

Due to comprehension issues, I learn better visually. Due to my being total deaf, I must have the written word. Does anyone know of any art instruction DVD's or videos for CP and Acrylic that are captioned? I just checked my local Jerry's Artarama, and non of the DVD's are captioned and they also did not have any that were what I wanted. I am not into abstract art, or they were primarily oils and pastels.

I have books and and will be utilizing them, and all of Sammy's theory lessons in this group I have saved (got to get the last two saved) to my hard drive. I just can't find any videos that are captioned.

Kristina-

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso

C & C are always welcomed and appreciated.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 3:58 PM

Hey Holly SOOOO Glad your back  and thanks to all who have commented on my work, I went back to w/c's to do this that I clall Lake Fantastic

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 30 Sep 2012 4:42 PM

Well, Fred, Lake Fantastic has a fantastic sky - beautiful, beautiful colors.  It's apparent that you've used the charge card to form the texture on these unique mountains.  I like them and the fact that you varied the colors.  The distant mountains recede nicely.  Another original from Fred's imagination.  Nice work.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 5:02 PM

Fred- I agree with Sammy that your sky is fantastic. Your credit cards got full use in making arts above and beyond their original purpose. Big Smile Anyhow I like it, You never run out of ideas to paint. I am missing the Bears though.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 8:13 PM

Fred - this is wonderful, the rocks look great & so does the water - I absolutely love the way you did the sun rising & it's reflection in the water....really nice.   It certainly is a "lake fantastic"!  I think the water going over the rocks should have some darker values added.......the values of your backgound mountains could be lightened to give the illusion of more distance.   Great picture!

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 8:21 PM

Fred I was just wondering about you this AM.  I thought something must be wrong because we had not heard from you in awhile.  You always do some nice rocks.

I bet those bears are home fattening up for hibernationWink Nice job.

Geri

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 8:23 PM

I tried to upload the picture of "Steve's Daughter" you asked to have posted here - but I got a message that said that the file was too large so I couldn't.  Weird that I could upload it to the Member Gallery, but not here.......any suggestions?

I am so excited about starting the October Challenge as a "newbie"  - as I've read thru the challenge posts, there was so much great information...& great people to share with.....

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 8:54 PM

Ok I called my daughter to ask her how to re-size a picture - so here is Steve's Daughter-Genevieve - my daughter is delivering the picture to this proud father whose daughter is the apple of his eye -

This was done on Mi-Teines Charcoal paper with a #2 General Charcoal & a General's white charcoal pencil.......

I guess I'm going to have to play with my camera to see how to create a smaller file!! That should be a trip!!

Judy   C&C appreciated

• | Post Points: 35
Page 66 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  64 65 66 67 68  Next >  ... Last » | RSS