Judy

Judy   C&C appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,844
Points 47,395
Turps245 wrote
on 24 Sep 2012 8:45 PM
FRED, great job I just love your imagination. Is the one sitting down on his iPhone? GERI, we used to have jets screaming over us ev ery day but sadly they are now grounded. They are trying the close programme down as part of the cost cutting thing. Our new art place is going to be in an old barrack in Fort Chaffee. It makes a wonderful art studio. MARSHA, sure hope you can come back more often and your daughter. Yes it was a WC pastel challenge. We have not heard a word from Holly so we are worried. Hopefully she will be well enough to get back with us soon. My new grand baby is huge and weighs 15 plus pounds at twelve weeks! Sweet little soul though and the Curly One adores him. SAMMY, thanks for the kind words. Yes lots of shine, light and reflected light.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 25 Sep 2012 11:38 AM

Marsha - Thank You for the welcome!  Coming into this forum feels like coming for a great meal with all the people you care about - amazing!  I think I will try to get more involved with the monthly challenges as time allows........

Judy   C&C appreciated

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 26 Sep 2012 7:30 PM

Judy, you can add a permanent signature to your postings and also the letters C&C which lets us know that you would like to have your work critiqued.  Do this by clicking on "Edit Profile" at the top left of this page.  Then click on the tab "Site Options."  Scroll down to "Signature" and type in the information you want to appear on your postings.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 27 Sep 2012 6:49 AM

Sam - Thank You for the signature help! Now I won't have to remember that one more thing! 

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,438
Points 23,090
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 Sep 2012 7:24 PM

This is a little pen & ink drawing I did for the pen & Ink forum in wet canvas.

It is 7 1/4 x 4 1/2 done with a quill pen and India ink.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 27 Sep 2012 9:19 PM

Hi all - I have not dropped off the face of the Earth yet. I know it's been a long, long time since I've been here, but I have some good news. A few people here are friends on Facebook so they know already, but-------My new house will be done in a few weeks!!!!

There was a lot that had to be done, but, we had to add on 406 square feet to make the Town Hall happy. There were issues with getting the loan, but we got it, just not as much as was asked for. House will be 1750 Sq ft and 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, with an open living room to kitchen. The extension is 13 by 32 feet and will be basically 3 areas: dining room, video game area and then 1/3 of it is my craft area. Sewing, scrap booking, card making, painting and such.

As of now, here's what's been done - garage cleaned out, plumbing lines installed, water line run, extension foundation poured along with an extra 4 inches in the main part of the house (garage) The main part floors are now 10 inches think concrete and the extension is 4 inches thick.  Garage bay walls closed up. All walls are concrete block, with rebar every 4 feet and then filled with cement. It is hurricane safe for up to category 5. The septic tank was install and hooked up. Roof done on extension. Windows installed. They are shatter resistant, hurricane safe up to Category 4, noise reduction (airport 1 mile away) burglar resistant, tinted and double locks. Interior walls framed. Wiring for the electric/phone/cable installed. A/C duct work installed. Drywall installed, taping and mudding done. Texture coat applied to walls and ceiling. Main house has 11 foot ceiling and extension has 8 foot ceiling. Paint is almost completed. Just have my mother's closet to do. Kitchen cabinets and counter installed. Tile floor is installed through main house and they are currently tiling the 2 bathrooms. The extension still needs the tile. A/C has now been installed. Ceiling fans and lights are installed. Outside lights at door and the motion sensitive light at the corners are installed. Besides all the little things, we still have to get the appliances installed, the water heater installed, the bathrooms completed, the outside painted and the baseboards.

Downside so far that I can see, money did not go far enough for the deaf lights I need or a doorbell (that surprised me). I also ma not sure about the choice of lighting in the extension, but it's what he could get in the budget. He put in 2 fluorescent lights. I need to figure out what kind of bulbs would be best for the craft end of the room. the other end mainly is the video games and dining table.

Paint colors: Daughter's bedroom is a purple/mauve color, son has Deep Forest Green, mother has a minty green, Kitchen has some yellow in it, but, most of kitchen, the living area, the extension, the 2 hallways, 2 bathrooms and bedroom for hubby and I are all in what is called "Whispering Wheat".  The outside will be 2 shades of blue. We have a medium blue for the main color and the trim work will be in a darker blue.

Have not been able to do any artwork as it has been just too hot to use the carport, and MIL will not allow paint, colored pencils, charcoal or pastels in the house. So I put it all away until we got the new house. I have been knitting instead.

Kristina-

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso

C & C are always welcomed and appreciated.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 28 Sep 2012 11:31 AM

Berkenstock - it seems like this would be such a difficult medium to work with - I've never tried....although I've attempted hatchwork with regular pencils & made a mess of it!  It looks good!

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,438
Points 23,090
Berkenstock wrote
on 28 Sep 2012 12:14 PM

Thank you Judy.  This isn't exactly my best work.  I just saw the picture and it said "do me i'm easy".  Its such a liar.  Pen and ink is like woodcarving or scupture.  If you think that each line you put doun is like taking a cut away.  As lights stand out and darks recied you just keep adding lines until you get as dark as it needs to be.  The problem with this pictur was too many mid tones so it was hard to make things stand out without getting too dark wich I just about did. (the actual drawing is much darker than what apears in the photo.

Geri

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 28 Sep 2012 12:49 PM

Geri, a quill pen and India ink!  Wow!  That sounds like work to me, too. It's an interesting piece.  I can see why too many middle tones would be difficult.  However, I think that you did a good job.  I particulary like how you shaped the clouds by using negative space.

Kristina, it's good to hear from you.  It's good that your new home is taking shape and it's particulary good that you will have an arts and crafts room.  Keep in touch.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 28 Sep 2012 3:18 PM

Geri - Thank you for explaining how the pen & ink work - I think you did it very well!

Judy   C&C appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,438
Points 23,090
Berkenstock wrote
on 28 Sep 2012 7:05 PM

Sam Pen & Ink may seem like a lot of work but I find it very relaxing.  You just keep working the darks until you get the shape you want.  There is know colors to worry about such as shading and with what color etc.  Its rather mindless .

Geri

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 29 Sep 2012 8:46 PM

Hi All-- I am reporting back but I am still busy. Have not finished the fifth piece for the Exhibition in Florida which will be due on Oct. 5th. I don't think I will make it even if I am done painting it b/c it has to be sent to the framer to do framing and also the finished on the back to be ready to be hung. So I will probably have only four pieces which is o.k. with me.

First of all welcome Judy to our little group. We are exited when someone new joining us and we are hoping you will stay with us for while. I love your baby portrait. It's very nice I can't tell that it's done in CP. Seems like everyone here can do CP. It's one of the medium that I am not able to do because of the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome on both of my wrists. I have to wear braces every night going to bed.

Fred- Kudo to you for using Guache. I have not tried it except using white Guache with my w/c painting. Love your sunset and the "Aliens are Coming" paintings. Great imagination.

Jen- Coffee cup and Eggs look good. Glad you are back to making arts.

Geri- Love the windmill. I agree with you that darkness in Pen and Ink is difficult. I have done a few Pen and Ink paintings too. It's easier to introduce the light than making your drawing darker.

Kristina- Hi Glad you made it back to AD today. You know that I follow your house project on FB but I am glad that you are telling your story to other friends here. I know they love to hear from you. When your house is done and you have your own area for arts, be sure to make some time for it. New house require a lots of your time to work on it both inside and outside areas but always assign some time for yourself to enjoy making arts.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,438
Points 23,090
Berkenstock wrote
on 29 Sep 2012 9:02 PM

Is anybody doing next month challange???  Holly was scheduled to do it but we have not heard anything from her so I was wondering what was going to happen.  If you need someone I will try and get some pictures ready.  I may be a day late.  Let me know if you need me.

Geri

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 29 Sep 2012 10:31 PM

just a suggestion,  what if we all post one picture to a challenge for October.  A joint effort so to speak....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Page 65 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  63 64 65 66 67  Next >  ... Last » | RSS