challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Aug 2012 11:11 PM
Hi guys sorry I have been MIA for so long. Had a great time with the Chicago and I have been playing catch up ever since. Hopefully I can get back in my art mood soon. Fred you have been really busy and great job on all. You are one serious artist and you never fail to uplift us with your art. I will try and catch up.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Aug 2012 11:13 PM
Dave good to see you back here and I love your waterfall.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Aug 2012 11:17 PM
Sheila, good to see you back too. Love that diagonal cloud, this is a very dynamic painting and very apt. Geri, great sketches I have seen some of those scavenger hunts but never actually participated. Geri that feather is amazing it must take you hours!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Aug 2012 11:22 PM
Jean good to see you back here too. I love Dave the cat, I saw it and your landscape on WC I really liked the landscape too nice atmosphere.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 1 Sep 2012 6:16 PM

Holly, do you have somebody lined up to host the Challenge for September?  I can post some photos if you don't have anyone.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,530
Berkenstock wrote
on 1 Sep 2012 8:46 PM

Holly I could prbably get some pictures too if you need them

Geri

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 2 Sep 2012 7:54 PM

Hi all- I am back from my Denver trip so I am picking up where I left off.

Fred-Thanks for your explanation of SAAG. Your pencil works are both bright and beautiful. You can pick up any medium and make it work with your style smoothly and seem like no effort at all. You are a natural!

Shiela- Great work with the ominous clouds. It really shows how a man feels seeing it close up like that. Another good job.

Geri- Love your quick sketches. The color papers really help the moods and you can make a quick job sketching not having to bother with the BG smart choice. Your wood carving feather is beautiful. The feather looks so soft in spite of being wood. Good job.

Jean- Welcome back. Hope to see lots of your works and your participation in the Challenges too. I enjoy looking at Dave the cat doing what cats do best.

I think I have covered all. If I skipped anyone please forgive me, it's not intentionally done.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,530
Berkenstock wrote
on 3 Sep 2012 7:41 PM

Sandi I am glad that you enjoyed my feather and ink drawing and glad to see you back.

Geri

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 5 Sep 2012 12:15 PM

This is my first painting with gouache,when I was woodcarving I used gouache to paint my caricatures and the paints have been in a drawer for some time so after looking at the  gouache challenge in the wet canvas studio forum I decided to use them and to tell you the truth I think I could like this media as well as watercolor anyhow this is my take on the Duart Castle
Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 5 Sep 2012 6:00 PM

Fred- Nice sky color. Good job using Gouache and make it light like watercolor. I am wondering about no sky reflection in the water. Maybe it's that way in the photo in Wetcanvas. I have not looked there so I have no idea. Anyway Fred, as I have said you can always use new medium with ease. Everything you picked up seems to work well for you.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,587
Points 25,530
Berkenstock wrote
on 6 Sep 2012 5:52 PM

Has anyone heard from Holly yet.  I wonder if everything  is okay.

Geri

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 8 Sep 2012 4:35 PM

Fred, you are having such a good time experimenting.  This Duart Castle painting has a beautiful warm sky.  Love it.  I'd like to see more of the sky reflected in the water and the castle to be darker to show up better against that warm sky.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 8 Sep 2012 4:37 PM

I've been checking in everyday and there was no indication that anything has been posted.  It was Artist Daily wanting my password again but not willing to let me know.  Confused

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 199
Points 3,505
JeanE Frantz wrote
on 8 Sep 2012 7:27 PM

Hi! Just popping in to see what everyone's been up to... Holly's MIA???? Hope all's okay.

Thanks for your comments on Dave.... Glad you enjoyed him!  and, Sammy, I looked him over again (along with the reference photo), about making the adjustments to the right side of his face - I'm not sure if that would work, since the light source seems to be coming from over his right (our left) shoulder. Perhaps I should have accented that more on his body... ?

Great pic's, btw... I may pop over and try one this month.

Here's one that I'm finishing up over at WetCanvas for the weekend drawing event...

This was after about 2 hrs time.

And I finished this up yesterday... I was in the mood for a winter scene!

Whatchya think?

Jean

Comments & Critiques ALWAYS welcome and appreciated!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Sep 2012 7:40 PM
Fred , I like this warm sky and the castle standing proud in front. Nice work.

Page 61 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  59 60 61 62 63  Next >  ... Last » | RSS