challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 20 Aug 2012 6:46 PM

Dave- Welcome back. You always bring some good work for us to see and we thank you for that. This is another good one of the beautiful waterfall. I especially love how you do rocks.They are so realistic and the ones in the front are gorgeous. The greeneries are nice and they have depth. Good job indeed!

You come back just in time for me to enjoy your artwork. Next week I will go out of town and will have no access to computers unless where we stay has business center for their guests. I will try to look in and if possible drop some lines here. I will be gone only for a week though.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 21 Aug 2012 4:05 PM

Thank you Sandi SAAG stands for Sothern Appalachian Artist's Guild, You can find out more about it at our web site,I understand we had 300 apps and 179 were selected,but right now I just completed a challenge for the wet canvas watercolor studio forum the castle is Eilean Donan using Derwent slouble Graphitint pencils with a cobolt blue sky wash on 140# 7x10 hp paper

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,586
Points 25,525
Berkenstock wrote
on 21 Aug 2012 10:11 PM

Fred I need your drive about painting.  It seems like every whip stich you have a new one posted. Good job sir.

Geri

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 23 Aug 2012 8:12 AM

Hi All - sorry I haven't taken time to reply to any of the posts for awhile.   Been really busy.  However, did finish a painting that I'd like to share.  Does anyone have any great ideas for a title?  I was going to call it "Sky Watcher" but don't think it quite fits.  The  title should convey the deep emotion that farmers, such as ourselves, feel when a single swoop of a hail storm wipes out an entire years worth of work and waiting for that one crop that will finally get them out of the red.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,586
Points 25,525
Berkenstock wrote
on 24 Aug 2012 5:36 PM

Sheila I think I would title it Trouble A Brewin if it was mine (and I wish it was. Very nice).

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,586
Points 25,525
Berkenstock wrote
on 24 Aug 2012 6:29 PM

over on wet canvas they have what they call the scavenger hunt.  They list 16 items and if you care to participate you pick one or all and make a quick sketch to post.  It is kind of neat to see how people interpreted the list and also the different styles that the artist have.  This what I sent in.the first one is pismacolor white and ebony pencil on Green construction paper the 2nd is ball point pen on orange construction paper.  I have less than 1/2 an hour an all 6 sketches.  Kind of fun and I thought some may be interested.

Geri

c & c please

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 25 Aug 2012 9:00 AM

Very Nice Geri, I think I'll drop by that forum sounds interesting

Fred

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,586
Points 25,525
Berkenstock wrote
on 25 Aug 2012 3:20 PM

Afternoon all.  This is what I have been working on instead of doing the challenge like I should have.  This is a feather carved out of tulip poplar and painted with acrylics.  This is the third one I have done and I think the worst.  It is going to action at the National Muzzle Loaders Rifle Ass. action at the national championship shoot to raise money for the organization.  I hope it does well.  Now I have to get started on a cane.  Hope you enjoy.  C&C always welcome.

Geri

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 199
Points 3,505
JeanE Frantz wrote
on 26 Aug 2012 10:00 PM

Sheila... This is gorgeous! The first thing that popped into my mind, was something like, "Holy ......" but that's something you'd rather not use, I'm sure!  Maybe, "Ominous Horizon"...?

Hey, everyone else!  Hope all is well... may be getting back in to the swing with you all again! I glanced through the threads about a week ago and noticed you've all been pretty busy! 

Will be checking in soon!

Jean

Comments & Critiques ALWAYS welcome and appreciated!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 27 Aug 2012 11:59 PM

Fred, the castle painting is an attractive, pleasant, serene work.  Well done.

Sheila, what a lovely, dramatic, emotional painting.  The muted complementary colors work so well together.  I like this one a lot.

Geri, what fun to draw all those objects.  Great looking salt and pepper shakers with well done glass.  Nice texture in the leaf and potato.

I love the feather.  It looks so soft and, well, feathery.  This is something to be proud of.  Super work.

Jean, it's so good to hear from you.  It's been a long time.  I really enjoyed your work and look forward to seeing more.  Did you ever finish that painting of the park and amusement rides?                 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,586
Points 25,525
Berkenstock wrote
on 28 Aug 2012 7:19 AM

Sam I am glade you enjoyed the feather and thank you for the kind words.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 199
Points 3,505
JeanE Frantz wrote
on 29 Aug 2012 7:27 AM

Hi Sam!  Amazingly enough, I haven't finished the park yet, and I've been thinking about that a lot!  So nice of you to remember it!  There's only a couple of things I need to do to it, but just haven't found that spark... it'll come! Smile

Here's a pastel of Dave the Cat that I did over at WetCanvas...

I've got about 5 other paintings I'm workinig on... can't seem to sit still! 

Jean

Comments & Critiques ALWAYS welcome and appreciated!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 29 Aug 2012 9:52 AM

Thank you Sam and your cat portrait is beautiful Jean ,makes a person reach out to pet Dave. I just finished a pencil painting of the balanced rock using Derwent Inktense W/S pencils 7x10 0n 140# HP paper

Fred

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 29 Aug 2012 10:32 AM

Jean, great rendering of Dave the cat enjoying doing what cats like to do most.  The lovely warm colors of his fur and the warm purple shadow complement each other beautifully.  Good choices.  His fur is  very well done.  Do you think it would enhance the painting if you created more value contrast by lightening the white on his paw even more and lightening the right (our right) side of his face? 

Be sure to post some of the other paintings you are working on.  It's a pleasure to see them. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 29 Aug 2012 10:36 AM

Fred, you are an expert on mountains and skies.  That rock is balanced so precariously that I would hold my breath waiting for it to fall if I were on the scene.  I suggest that you use more darks and lights on the rocks to create depth. 

Page 60 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  58 59 60 61 62  Next >  ... Last » | RSS