challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 6 Jun 2012 9:56 AM

Geri, love the feather.  The textures and colors are wonderful.  Is the wood texture the natural wood or did you paint that on?  Please show us any others that you did or will do.  It's a great and interesting technique.  Sam

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 6 Jun 2012 11:09 AM

Thank you.  The log is real Ihave a long way to go to do something like that.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 6 Jun 2012 11:13 AM

Sammy the texture is burnt in with a wood burning pen.  Unfortunately all my pictures I had of things I have carved was on my old computer and the mother board burnt out.  Thanks for the kind words.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 6 Jun 2012 11:48 AM

Sheila, congratulations on finishing the marathon and on pulling up the stamina to finish.   It must have been a good feeling. You go, girl!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 6 Jun 2012 7:41 PM

Geri, I have had the mother board crashed like that too. Now I am keeping my extra copies of my work on a flash drive, actually I have four flash drives now. They are removable and all you have to do is plugging them in your USB port. New computers and Laptops nowadays provide many USB ports, problems solved.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 6 Jun 2012 8:31 PM

Sandi I think that what I am going to do is get an external hard drive and have it do a weekly back up.  Thanks for the advise though.

Geri

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 515
S.artista wrote
on 10 Jun 2012 5:46 AM

hi everyone, sandi advisec me to put this picture here to be commented on.

thanks for all the help.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 515
S.artista wrote
on 10 Jun 2012 6:09 AM

this is what im good at. i love clothes designing.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 10 Jun 2012 11:30 AM

teacher.artist, I like your work with the blue pencil or pen.  I hope that bag is full of money.  I can see that you would like to be a designer.  Those are nice drawings on shapely figures.    You have a little more values on these drawings than on the bag of money.  The more values, the better. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 10 Jun 2012 7:26 PM

teacher.artist-- I like all your drawings. I agree with  Sammy about you having more value in the design drawing than in the money bag. Value shows dark and light so we have good contrast in the cloth design drawing. You are right that you are good in design. I hope you will get to be a famous fashion designer if you pursue it.

BTW, I noticed you dated your work using the date/month/year. Do you live in Europe or Asia or some other part of the world other than the U.S.A. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I am curious by nature. We welcome everyone with pleasure anyway. The more people join us, the happier we are (or at least I am).

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 10 Jun 2012 9:37 PM

I like your bag it has an orental feel to it very nice.

Geri

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 515
S.artista wrote
on 11 Jun 2012 7:49 AM

i live in the middle east. kuwait to be precise. and thanks for the c&c.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 130
szechy wrote
on 11 Jun 2012 7:54 AM

International Artist Residencies 2012

AIR/HMC, Budapest

NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for December 2012-January 2013

http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com/id69.html

"Artist residencies allow the time for dialogue and create connections that contribute to the future.."

E-mail address: bszechy@yahoo.com

Discipline:  visual artists, writers, performers

Offered program: residency, seminar, artist talk, exhibition.

Eligibility: International emerging artists

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 13 Jun 2012 11:15 AM

Teacher.artist:  I really like your clothing designs - very fresh - lots of motion.  I would suggest strengthening the value contrast, especially on the bag.  The more contrast you have between light and dark, the more your piece will achieve that elusive dimentionallity of a 3-D object rendered on a flat surface.  very nice drawing - Hope to see more!!!!!

Here is what I currently have on my easel:  My husband is a wheat farmer, so this time of year is a bit tense until the crop is harvested.   A couple of years ago, I was able to capture a pic of this cloud that loomed it's ugly head - threatening to take out yet another wheat crop.  We dodged the bullet that day only to get pulmeted later by a less threatening looking weather cell.  

Possible titles:  "Sky Watcher"  or "I Dare You!!!"   

Have detail work to do on the cloud, Gary, and the wheat field...........  Think the wheat fiels is going to be a challenge.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 13 Jun 2012 7:05 PM

Sheila, this is absolutely fabulous...   looking amazing....  scary.... 

Sam - Congratulations on the award for your daughters painting it was a beautiful one to say the least.

I'm so sorry to have been absent lately

I have been really out of it lately,  my husband was ill for awhile,  I was out of sorts and we both have been to the doctor...   I have to see a therapists for my left hand and  arm it is getting more atrophy by the week.   and now my right hand is beginning to pull up on me.  I keep dropping things more and more these days....

I did work on a painting the other day and I will post it.  

I have been watching and all of you are doing some wonderful things.  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Page 48 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  46 47 48 49 50  Next >  ... Last » | RSS