Challenge # 14 - November 22 - December 31, 2011

This post has 193 Replies | 9 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 4 Jan 2012 7:15 PM

Cindy- Thanks for your comment on my squirrel. I was wondering where you were. You have to check in more often so you won't have to flip 5 pages. Hope you are having a good time celebrating New Year.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 44,855
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Jan 2012 1:11 AM

Well this is where I got with the lonely truck. I still need to do a lot and I am not happy with it but I wasn't feeling well. It's got a bit wonky and the rust needs  a lot of work

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 400
Tal2 wrote
on 7 Jan 2012 3:53 AM

Hi Jen,

Tonally you are going really well and have all the lights, mid and darks in the right spot - this is where I would want to be at this stage. When you get onto the refining stage it will all come together beautifully. You could play a bit with the snow and sky colours more ie pinks/blues and mauves but I am sure this was your next step anyway. Well done!  Judith

C and C most welcome!

Judith

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 7 Jan 2012 5:26 AM

Jen, you are awfully hard on yourself.  This is looking good and has lots of protential.  I agree with Judith about the values being good.  It does look like a rusty truck.  Your mountain stays in the background beautifully and the color is in harmony with the truck.  I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.  What medium is it and what size?  I'm sorry if you already told us.

I hope that you are feeling better.  It's so good to have you back.  You were missed.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 44,855
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Jan 2012 6:18 PM

Thank you for the good words Judith and Sammy. I made some more progress today. I didn't realize I had left a thumbprint on the back wheel until I downloaded it. I have some more work to do on it although I thought I was finished. the rust is too red now I think. will look at it with freah eyes on Thursday and decide.

it is 5x5 canvas and oils.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 7 Jan 2012 7:17 PM

Jen, I like the red on the truck.  Who knows, maybe it was red before it was rusty.  The snow is taking shape very nicely and I like the touches of snow on the conifers.  IMHO, it's a really nice paintings.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 7 Jan 2012 8:08 PM

Jen- The truck looks red and rusty. As Sammy said it could be red before it gets rusty. The snow looks believable, fluffy and full of shadows and tracks. I also like the soft red /tan hill  (or is it mountain?), and  pine trees in the BG. I think this is a very neat little painting.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 28 Jan 2012 3:18 PM

Christmas 2011 may be over but I'm still working on the challenge.  Here is my poinsettia picture, I use pen and ink with watercolour. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 28 Jan 2012 4:57 PM

Wow! Joyce! So soft and delicate but so eye-catching! You do color gradient well and the ink blends well with WC. Love the green and soft yellow in the middle of the leaves. Nice job.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 44,855
Turps245 wrote
on 28 Jan 2012 6:31 PM
Joyce glad to see you are still painting with us. As Holly said there is no such thing as late with these challenges! Hope you are enjoying your grand babies. I agree with Sandi, your painting is lovely and delicate. You have done a fine job with your pen and ink drawing and the water colour finishes it nicely. Keep it up. We miss you.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 29 Jan 2012 8:49 AM

Joyce, I'm glad that you are still developing your art skills.  This is an  interesting and well done poinsettia ink drawing.  I like the soft colors you used.  Very pretty.  Maybe you can make prints for next year's Christmas card. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 29 Jan 2012 9:01 AM

Thanks Jen, Sandi and Sam for the cc's I enjoy working on the poinsettia picture and working with an ink pen fun, I know Sam you said we shouldn't outline but this is my way of cheating.  What a wonderful idea getting prints for next years Christmas card if I do it now that would be one less thing I would need to do closer to December....I love the idea.  Already excited about the next painting I haven't been painting for a while now just too busy and now that I am back doing it I really missed it.  Keep up the wonderful work and don't stop showing your work just because I'm not cc's you back I love each one of them...........you guys and gals are the best..what wonderful teachers you all are.  I send a few pictures to Holly maybe you will be doing one in the next challenge.

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 31 Jan 2012 5:41 PM

Thanks for all the cc's on my poinsettia. 

Sammy here isn't the place but grad! on starting your own blog...

Also hello to any new art friends, looking forward to seeing everyones artwork.

Joyce

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 554
Points 8,005
csebeling wrote
on 9 Feb 2012 10:00 AM

I  realize I'm way behind the times, but I liked ol' Rusty and wanted to give him a little attention. Maybe I'll catch up to February tomorrow.

18x24 charcoal and pastel on newsprint

Cindy...last name Learn- C&C's always welcome. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 9 Feb 2012 3:49 PM

Cindy- The Old Rusty got spruced up and almost ready to roar again. Nice work with your new found media. Nice BG with purple mountain and line of  Fir trees. Pretty neat and colorful. I like it a lot.

Right Hug Sandi

Page 12 of 13 (194 items) « First ...  < Previous  9 10 11 12 13  Next > | RSS