ANNOUNCEMENT - NEW VOLUNTEER HOSTING SCHEDULE

This post has 24 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 14 Nov 2011 5:50 AM

NEW – NEW –   VOLUNTEER HOSTING SHEDULE   – NEW - NEW

We are coming to the end of our FIRST ANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE!  We have come a long way in just one short year!  What fun this first year has been  - we have painted together from “afar”  – we’ve learned lots from our own efforts and from each other, and we have all grown, both as artists and as friends.  WHAT MORE COULD WE ASK FOR???

When I originally set this endeavor up for all of us, my intention was to host it for a while and then open up a “Volunteer Hosting Schedule” for a rotating type arrangement to give all of you an opportunity to share your ideas, favorite subject references, create some new ones, and to share your own efforts.  In the spirit of our continuing growth, both artistically and personally, I am setting up this Hosting Schedule for any of you who want to participate further by volunteering a little of your time occasionally to host our ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE here at Artist Daily for a month (or several) – at your convenience.  (Please be ASSURED that hosting is NOT required to participate!)  Sammy has graciously volunteered to start us off on this new hosting endeavor - THANKS, Sammy!

Here’s how it will work:

1.       I will keep the hosting schedule current for us and update it periodically in a new post so it will stay apparent to all of us.

2.       You choose the month (or months) that you would like to host and either “start a conversation” with me here on Artist Daily or post a message on this thread with your choice of month(s) and I will put your name on the list for the month you have chosen. 

3.       I will send you a “conversation” to remind you of your chosen month about 2 weeks before your month is scheduled to begin and we will go from there.  Any instructions and or posting assistance will be included in my “reminder conversation”. 

(Please note that the “schedule” has changed, too.  The Challenges will now run from the first of the month to the end of the month instead of mid-month to mid-month – hopefully, it will be easier to keep up with like this.  Also, this first month has been extended since it includes both the Thanksgiving Holidays, Christmas Holidays, as well as the New Year’s Holiday when we are all so busy with “family stuff” – hopefully, everyone will be able to squeeze in a little painting time during the Holidays and still be able to keep up on the Challenges and the home front, as well.)

HOSTING SCHEDULE FOR ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE:

Challenge # 14 - November 22 – December 31, 2011 – A GAL NAMED SAM (Sammy)

January, 2012 -  TURPS245 (Jen)

February, 2012 -  SANDICHOT (Sandi)

March, 2012 - A GAL NAMED SAM (Sammy)

April, 2012 -  TURPS245 (Jen)

May, 2012 - CSEBELING (Cindy)

June, 2012 -  SANDICHOT (Sandi)

July, 2012 - WETPAPERFAN (Marsha)

August, 2012 -

September, 2012 -

October, 2012 (Second Anniversary Month) - HOLLAND2 (Holly)

November, 2012 -  A GAL NAMED SAM (Sammy)

December, 2012 - WETPAPERFAN (Marsha)

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 15 Nov 2011 11:36 PM

Holly, I'll be glad to host the Challenge in June and November, 2012.  If someone else requests those month, I can easily change.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 16 Nov 2011 8:21 AM

Thanks Sammy,

Both Jen and Sandi have chosen some months, too, and I have updated the above calendar.  Sandi chose November, too, so I put her name on the list for that month. 

I do hope this "rotating hosting" will be fun for everyone.

Holly

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 16 Nov 2011 8:35 AM

Holly, go ahead and put me down for March or April, whichever works best for you.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 16 Nov 2011 3:45 PM

Sammy and Holly- I can exchange with Sammy, you can  do November and I can take June instead. As a matter of fact I tried to choose quiet months. Now, I am rethinking November will be good if you would take it Sammy, because I think you have lots of ideas about how to prepare and select photos for Christmas. I do not have any Christmas photo files  nor any idea how to get Christmas photos at all.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 16 Nov 2011 4:47 PM

Thanks Cindy, I have put your name in place for May.

Sammy, you are back in place for November, and since I have put Sandi in for June, I've put you on the list for March. Does that work for the two of you?

I have placed my name on the list for October (the 2nd Anniversary month) and I will, of course, pick up for any month that doesn't have a specified volunteer. 

Thanks for all of your response!  Any one else who would like to "jump in", just let me know.

Holly

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 16 Nov 2011 5:09 PM

Holly, the schedule works for me.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,848
Points 47,475
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Dec 2011 5:48 PM
Sorry I have just come across this. Put me down for April. After that all my visits start and this year if all goes well I could be tied up June and July and the end of the year is impossible. Hope this helps.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 28 Jan 2012 2:19 PM

HI,  If you need someone to volunteer,  I can throw my hat in the ring for July and December just let me know, and what I am supposed to do...    Marsha

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 28 Jan 2012 6:17 PM

Hi Marsha - Thanks for volunteering for July and December.  That's great - I'll put your name on the list for both months.  I'll be in touch with you to let you know more - - it's really easy.

I have been so "absent" from our endeavors for so long that I feel like a stranger now - - I'll be back soon, though!

Holly

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,442
Points 23,155
Berkenstock wrote
on 30 Jun 2012 9:35 PM

Just curious about the status of hosting the challenge.  If there is an opening please put my name down and let me know.

Geri

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 1 Jul 2012 7:00 AM

Geri - Both August and September are open - - Choose either one (or both) and I will put your name on the list.

I will send you a "template" to use when you post your challenge - - it should make it much easier to post.  Hopefully, I will be more "on the ball" getting it to you than I was for Marsha!

Let me know which month you want and thanks a million for volunteering.

Hopefully I will feel well enough to participate really soon!  (I have started Pulmonary Rehab. last week - - I'm hoping I will soon be able to gain  enough lung capacity backi to do more than 10 feet of walking without being short of breath!) - - - (Oops, I shoulf put this comment in the chatter thread)

Holly

Holly

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,442
Points 23,155
Berkenstock wrote
on 1 Jul 2012 10:17 AM

Augist will be great.  Please send template ( I was wondering if I would have to type all that in.)

Geri

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,848
Points 47,475
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 9:11 PM
Do we need to start a new one of these for 2013 .I could do February and April.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 10 Dec 2012 4:27 PM

I can do March and September  but I will wait to hear what months Sam wants.... I want her to choose before me I know she has special pictures as well.

Geri:   just copy and paste you don't have to type anything unless you want to add your little note to it or a special instruction or idea.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS