BerArt wrote
on 3 Oct 2011 1:33 PM

11X 14 CANVAS PANEL IN ACRYLIC  "Sea Shore"

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 5,885
on 3 Oct 2011 5:39 PM

I like the look of your painting, sky and rocks very well done.  I'm thinking you should go into your titanium white and fairly thickly, so it will show up and not fade away, dab on some white  in places to enhance the forward crashing waves.  I'm thinking they should look like they are going to come right out of the picture.  You could enhance the whiteness of the waves in front by putting a bit of a darker colour where I see some faint watery colours through the white.  Keep layering the white dabs until you can see the drama of the crashing of the waves - from the front and up the right side.  A little trick, if you add anything, i.e., the white paint and don't like it, you can take a dampened Q-Tip and wash the colour off / or delete the strength of the colour, by rubbing it a bit.  You seen to have the knack of working with acrylics, nice job.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
Catminister wrote
on 3 Oct 2011 6:53 PM

Six months ago.  You're doing good.  Remember the tired old aphorism "practice, practice, practice."  Or the old Nike slogan, "Just Do It."  Don't get discouraged.  If you keep doing it, you will get better.   But this is exceptional for six months out.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
nacain wrote
on 4 Oct 2011 7:27 PM

For someone starting six months ago I think this is a very nice piece. I've always thought that painting realistic water can be a challenge for any artist, but for the most part I think you've gotten it down. Like Catminister said, "practice, practice, practice."

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 180
BerArt wrote
on 19 Oct 2011 7:39 AM

I apprecciate your comments.  Thank you.....Bertil

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS