It isn't done but any who.

Oil on 30x40 Fredrix canvas

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 100
hpn2bartst wrote
on 20 Jun 2011 10:55 AM

well if it isn't done then it's one hell of a startBig Smile, it is wonderful.....what medium do you use with your oil paints? have you ever used turpinoid before ? what type of thinner are you using?    im asking because i seem to have ran into a road block and wish to break on to the otherside and paint paintings without fail!!!!!!!  I've always drawn well and now i am trying to expand my horizonsin painting and become more of a complete artist.

Just looking for some advice or pointers from someone whom looks like she is well on her way to becoming an accomplished painter

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 185
hieulebui wrote
on 20 Jun 2011 3:03 PM

I don't use any medium to my paint. I like to do it naturally. I only use turpinoid to clean my brushes. Also, I'm a guy and the painting is of a friend of mine. Cool

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 520
dmoosegang wrote
on 2 Jul 2011 6:23 AM

Very nice, do you follow a particular technique?  layered? alla prima?  hopefully we will see some red in those lips!

the back glow in her hair is exquisite!  keep showing us the progress please.

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 185
hieulebui wrote
on 2 Jul 2011 10:18 AM

I guess you could call it 'layered' because day by day I keep adding on. I don't have a particular process. Just oil on canvas and letting it dry naturally.

Here's the final product that I just finished on Thursday. This is true light color like the painting. No digital enhancement whatsoever.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
elenalee wrote
on 13 Jul 2011 5:45 AM

really nice painting

i like it

for oil painting it took 8 yrs

================

non voice projects