receiving payments online

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 235
on 22 May 2011 2:34 PM

Recently I started my own website with the primary purpose of selling my artwork. One of the options for receiving payments is paypal. Before I commit to their conditions, I would like to hear what others of you think of that option and any other suggestions you may have. Thanks for your input! Susan/RedBarnArt

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 61
Points 1,305
Rick Schimpf wrote
on 27 May 2011 2:00 PM

Hi Susan. I haven't begun selling on-line yet but like you I've recently started a web site and have hopes of making a sale at some point. I don't have first-hand experience with paypal but my wife sold collectible dolls online for a few years. She used paypal and it protected her in a few instances. Paypal appears to be easy to use, safe, and secure. I will use it when I get into online sales.

Hope this helps

Rick Schimpf

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 235
on 27 May 2011 6:56 PM

Thanks Rick! My husband has used paypal also and had good experiences through that well known selling site. I would like to hear from other artists who use it and will share experiences, good or not so. Am wondering if it works best for high volume sellers or if that matters.

I'd like to look at your site if you don't mind sharing it.

Thanks again, Susan/Red Barn Art

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 61
Points 1,305
Rick Schimpf wrote
on 28 May 2011 10:45 AM

Hi Susan. I don't think volume matters too much. The selling and buying my wife has done is low volume and in the instances she has had to request paypal assistance she's received it without problems.

My site is "www.paintingsbyrick.yolasite.com". Please give me some feedback on it. This is a "learn as I go" experience. Also, what is your site? I tried Red Barn Art but didn't find you.

Take care

Rick

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 235
on 28 May 2011 2:50 PM

Thanks Rick. I understand "learn as you go." Me, too. My website name is (convaluted, I'm sure I'll change it in near future) www.redbarnartatredbarnart.net  And I'll go back to yours; I know I went to it, but been a busy wk: youngest end of schl yr activities, my mom in & out of hospital, etc.

Let me know how you like or don't like it. I got some really good feedback from another artist friend; it really helps to have others check things out. Fresh eyes, ya know?

Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!

Thanks again, Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 61
Points 1,305
Rick Schimpf wrote
on 30 May 2011 8:29 PM

Hi Susan. I found your site. It has a nice professional appearance. You are off to a good start. I like the idea of the slideshow. That's a very nice way to present your work to the viewer.

Take care

Rick

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS