canvas oil painting famous or not?

This post has 8 Replies | 7 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 115
reyreyna wrote
on 25 Apr 2011 12:56 PM

has any one heard of Waldo Saavedra? i have a painting signed by him named  "Regina" that was done back in 2006 in los ....., jalisco, mexico tried to find some stuff about him but what i found out was that  he is cuban and everything been written in spanish about him. i found a web page and plan on trying to contact him to see the story about the painting. i recieved it from my uncle whom worked for a person that is rich beyond belief, the story is that it was  purchased  from the artist for $14000 u.s. wondering if there were any truth to it. also wanted to know who was the painting about. i will try  to attach photo later.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 585
Points 7,115
KatPaints wrote
on 25 Apr 2011 4:18 PM

Interesting, but we are not appraisers nor art historians. Your asking a lot from us. You will need to do research on your own. If you do art work yourself and would like to share your work or offer advice to others great. Join in.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 152
Points 1,845
on 25 Apr 2011 8:47 PM

I have never heard of him but it is a beautiful painting. If you found a web page I would try to contact him. Let us know what you find out it would be interesting....

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
4eyze wrote
on 5 May 2011 9:01 PM

It you sign up for Sotheby's email list, you will have access to Artnet, and can see if his work has been sold at auction.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
4eyze wrote
on 5 May 2011 9:02 PM

you can sign up to be on Sotheby's email list and this will give you access to Artnet, where you can see if his work was sold at auction and at what price.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 115
reyreyna wrote
on 6 May 2011 6:02 AM
txs for the tip.
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
clauxelle wrote
on 12 Feb 2012 6:05 PM

I guess there  is just  one mistake about the year,    it was made probably in 2004,  do have any other concern?...   

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
aiesha12 wrote
on 24 May 2012 6:55 AM

Canvas oil paintings are a great way to do up a home or office because they add a lot of beauty to a room or space where they’re placed. Art reproduction is a great way to get the very best looking artworks a nice price.The only way you can make sure whether particular canvas oil paintings are the best ones for your room is to utilise PC software to simulate the look of the room in which the painting will be placed.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
on 21 Jun 2012 12:25 PM

ReyReyna: At least in Spain your painting should be worth A LOT! It was painted in Guadalajara, Jalisco, México by hiperrealist cuban artist Waldo Saavedra. What he is most famous for is for painting a nude portrait of now princess Letizia of Spain, who married prince Felipe. During her younger years she lived here in Guadalajara and was a close friend to the artist. I don't think either one of them imagined she would be in the royal family in the future. So hold on to your painting!

Linda R Topete

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS