Site Tips and Links

This post has 8 Replies | 6 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 894
Points 1,364,915
Karyn Star [*] wrote
on 22 Jan 2009 9:17 AM

Welcome to the Artist Daily forums.  We are glad you are here, as there is so much to do around the site.  This is a comprehensive site including both editorial content and user generated content.  The site has forums, blogs, galleries, video and more features coming.  These conversational forums are a place for you to share your artwork for critique and instruction, as well as a place to gather tips on materials and technique or simply learn about a new medium all together.  There is also a dedicated member gallery for sharing your work and commenting on others' work.  Or, you might be interested in reading our editorial blogs.  Soon we will be  incorporating more instructional content, events and groups to join.  

If you have questions or need some help, you can find a lot of answers in the  Community Help Forum.  The first six posts are stickies that have a lot of information on how to use the site.  

"Community Volunteers and Staff Contacts" -- just in case you'd like to know who works on the site and how to contact us. 

"How to post images in the Media Gallery" -- a reference guide to learning how to upload your images to our Galleries.  Please note the File size:  Right now the limit is 100 kb for an upload, but there isn't a program that resizes these images automatically.  However, you should know that each member is allotted only 10 MB of space right now on the site.  

"So, what is tagging?" -- Tags are important search and find keywords to mark your images and posts, you can understand and learn more about using this tool here.  Tagging is one of the cooler features on the site, but getting used to it takes a little time.  When you tag, make sure that you put commas between the words and use single words instead of groups.  For ex:  "oil painting landscape flower church"  won't work as a tag.  But, "oil, painting, landscape, flower, church" is perfect. 

"How to post images in the forums" -- similar to posting in the Galleries, but a few different things to note.

"Using the Private Message System" -- this is a way to connect with another member privately

The community guidelines would be good to get familiar with, too.  If you need to get the legalize side of things, check out the "Terms of Use", which is related to all the Interweave websites.  

Advertising:  If you would like to advertise with American Artist, you can find more details here.  We will remove any posts that are solicitous in nature in order to keep our forums instructional and educational.  

For help with your magazine subscription, you can find links in the Subscriptions tab at the top of the page where you can also reach out to customer service.

If you have questions, please feel free to post in the "Help" forum and either myself or a moderator will be there to help you as soon as we can.

Lastly, if you have some thoughts on ways to improve the site, please share your ideas in the "Feedback and Suggestion" Forum.

Thank you again for joining us and enjoy the site!

Karyn Meyer-Berthel

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 320
Allen K. wrote
on 14 May 2010 5:01 PM

Thanks for all the helpful info. It really helped me!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 894
Points 1,364,915
Karyn wrote
on 17 May 2010 8:46 AM

My pleasure,

Welcome to the site, Alex

Karyn Meyer-Berthel

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 39
Points 645
frankx75 wrote
on 25 Sep 2010 12:00 PM

Hello,I'm new here and very unfamliar with how to post things.I will be very grateful

for  your help .My name is Frank Sadera I've been painting for many years now.

My website is www.fsadera.com~Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,185
Points 51,155
Margo5 wrote
on 25 Sep 2010 2:49 PM

Courtney Jordan is the one who takes care of all the technical questions. The information you are looking for is stored under the tab "Forums" and is under "Technical Q & A." Hope that helps. Courtney should have immediately and automatically come up as your first "Friend" - upper right-hand corner of the page near your avatar name.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 80
gatoi wrote
on 10 Nov 2011 3:20 AM

Oil painting is to use quick-drying vegetable oils (linseed oil, poppy oil, walnut oil) and mix paint, the painting Papua linen, cardboard or wood on the production of a genre. Paint thinner used for the volatile turpentine and dry the linseed oil. Screen attached to the pigment of the strong hardness, when the screen after drying, long-term to maintain luster. With pigment opacity and transparency properties to more fully describe the performance of the object, colorful, three-dimensional texture strength.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

college football odds

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20
gallerypd wrote
on 16 Feb 2014 9:43 AM

welcome to my site oil painting.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 145
Don Paint wrote
on 20 Apr 2014 10:17 PM

The website is great and useful for artist all over the world to make contact and sharing.

I will definitely enjoy this resources.

Thanks

Don

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 20
Klein J wrote
on 18 May 2014 10:26 PM

It's my tips.
 for more information visit
search:customcanvsaonline