challenge CHATTER !! - Feb. 14 - Mar. 14, 2011

This post has 300 Replies | 10 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,842
Points 47,370
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Mar 2011 7:15 PM

Sammy: I am so glad your surgery went so well. Hope you will soon be seeing so much better.  We do miss you and now you will have a really sharp eye out to give us good critques. I too have to have that surgery as some point  but I havent reached that point yet.

Sherry: Another beautiful bird. I like the composition very much. You mention feeding the birds but the Howard does not like weeds in his grass!

Sandi: love your marsh painting. IT seems like a difficult subject with all the perspective and colours but you have made a fine job of them.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Points 820
on 2 Mar 2011 7:18 PM

Sandi:  Pretty! Just love the beautiful colors.  Here is another medium I've never used Embarrassed

Great job!

Sherry  Wink

http://artbysherrymaxwell.blogspot.com/

"Comments and Critiques encouraged"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Points 820
on 2 Mar 2011 7:25 PM

Jen: To funny :)  Howard should think of them little seeds as special little flowers...for the birds. :)  I understand. thank you too. :)

Sherry  Wink

http://artbysherrymaxwell.blogspot.com/

"Comments and Critiques encouraged"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 470
Points 8,395
halsart wrote
on 2 Mar 2011 7:55 PM

sandi, you did a great job on the salt marsh: bright, cheery , summer day.   You captured the feel of that summer day.

Sherry, your bird is coming along great. 

Hal :  The Sunset Beckons:

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 470
Points 8,395
halsart wrote
on 2 Mar 2011 8:14 PM

Trying to skim back through this forum to see what I've missed.  don't have time to read all the verbage but wanted to comment on as much of the art as I can find time to do.

KZ, I love your new Kidd.

Here's a couple of my Gus, Holly has seen these:

Gus can't pretend to be sophisticated for very long until he reverts back into character.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 470
Points 8,395
halsart wrote
on 2 Mar 2011 8:19 PM

Bob, I had missed your ostridge and Owl.  They are magnificient.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 470
Points 8,395
halsart wrote
on 2 Mar 2011 8:32 PM

Bob you're so prolific, I can't begin to comment on all your work: wonderful ties, tie tacks, scratch art. 

Alex wonderful little guy you've painted.

Jen several great works, especially your metalic bird. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,044
Points 46,305
on 2 Mar 2011 10:18 PM

Sherry, beautiful jewel tones on your watercolor bird and I love the drawing as well.

Sandy, the salt marsh picture is the one I so wanted to do for Hal's WC OP challenge, but was too swamped to tackle it. You did a great job on it -- I'm envious!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,044
Points 46,305
on 2 Mar 2011 10:21 PM

Sammy, so glad your surgery was successful.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 238
Points 4,985
Bob in SF wrote
on 2 Mar 2011 11:30 PM

Sammy - glad it went well.

Sherry - looks like you have a natural talent for watercolor!

Hal - heartfelt thanks for kind comments!

Sandi - marsh is beautiful - super colors and mood.

- Bob

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 3 Mar 2011 6:52 AM

Sherry, what a lovely drawing of a bluebird.  The wings are wonderful and so are the feet.    Of course nature painted him with complementary colors which are always great together.  This is going to be a super work of art.  Good job!

Sandi, wonderful colors on the salt marsh.   I particularly like the trees on the distant shore and the colors of the water.  The variety of colors and values on the water makes it look very realistic.  Nice, interesting painting.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 470
Points 8,395
halsart wrote
on 3 Mar 2011 7:27 AM

I wanted to share the wonderful art produced last month in the Oil Pastel Challenge.  At the end of the month, I grouped all the paintings together so they could be seen without having to skim trhough over two hundred postings and dozens of pages.  I divided them up into 4 four groups and am attaching links to each of the four groups.  I certainly can't copy their work here but the links will allow you to see their work.

The following link to the "Helmsman" and the "F111" I especially think you should see Paul's Helmsman.  The objective was to take my reference photo of the Glouster Fisherman statue and make a painting telling a story.  The F111 was of a static mounted display of the F111 and do the same: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13568732

The next is the Salt Marsh.  Take note of  the pieces by Vlad and Mark.  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13568312

The next was the Oyster River reference:  I especailly like the treatment done by ai2ai (her WC handle): http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13567652

The next are miscellaneous pieces but Rainy's piece of "Trigger" (my inlaw's horse) was wonderful:  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13566822

Please have a look.  You can see a lot of artwork with very little effort. 

Some of my artwork is there as is Sandi's and Susan's.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 238
Points 4,985
Bob in SF wrote
on 3 Mar 2011 8:05 AM

Cute little digital modeling job just came up - but interfering with "real media" rendering - don't know if any of you dabble in digital modeling, but I know Sammy has put up some fine Photoshop visualizations.  Digital stuff can sometimes inspire real media art - permits rethinking of subject matter from all angles and lighting scenarios.

This morning's fumbles for some digital animator friends probably will spark a painting or 2 for a forthcoming "animal wonders" series:

"Dog Henge"; snapshot at SF Zoo, clouds built in Bryce software, glass rocks built in Modo software, composited in Photoshop; silly idea which may or may not make it to"big screen":

They need a car:

Happy Thursday.

- Bob

(my heart is in real media, but I've met some creative young folks while doing the other stuff)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 3 Mar 2011 9:11 AM

Hi all , Thank you all for your encouragment and support , sorry I don't post and comment as much as before but since spring weather is about here the garden is consuming a lot of my computer time but I still find time to paint some every day, our next trip will be to Hawaii but it's a long flight and it will take us some time to get there 0  this done on 140#canson CP 9x11 

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,842
Points 47,370
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Mar 2011 9:44 AM

Fred: Glad to see the bears have now progessed to the city of Venice. Wonderful job on all those buldings and the water looks great too. Hopefully the baby bears can be kept out of the water as it is none too clean. Your art is getting better and better keep it up. I do hope you will include a trip to England for the bears!

Bob: You are always branching out to try new things. Not sure exactly what you are trying to do here but it is always interesting to look at. I know a lot of artists on the WC are trying Digi paintings with various degrees of success. It doesn't appeal to me although some do create really lovely work.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Page 14 of 21 (301 items) « First ...  < Previous  12 13 14 15 16  Next >  ... Last » | RSS