Ballpoint- "Making Of Puerto Rico"

This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 465
on 19 Jan 2011 1:55 PM

In this drawing is a Spanish (Conquistador),  African slave, and Taíno Indian. The three main races that have over time created the culture of Puerto Rico through religion, music, and food.

The idea of this drawing started with misunderstandings about Puerto Ricans in general. LOL! Growing up Ive noticed people do not fully understand the culture of Puerto Rico so I thought I'd draw a picture that would kind of be self explanatory of what our culture consist of and who we are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Puerto_Rico 

***I hope you enjoy***

******Vinnie Molina******

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
noeldl wrote
on 14 Mar 2012 9:05 PM

Vinnie,

Your picture is OFF DA HOOK! Thanks man. This is a clear picture of who we are. Never seen the likes. Got any more pics/drawings?

Would you mind if I got a tatoo of it?

Noel Diaz

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 165
BettiePages wrote
on 15 Mar 2012 7:47 AM

Well this is just amazing! What medium did you use?

http://www.diffuseart.com the free gallery!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
on 3 Jun 2014 10:10 AM

Vinnie I saw this portrait about a year ago not sure where ? But I was pleased to stumble onto it today again 

What a great portrayal  of what what a puerto riqueno "boriqueno" is comprised of "kudos to you mi Herman's"

oh and by the way,Your a great artist dios de bending a. Herb

Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 465
on 5 Jun 2014 9:49 AM

Really appreciate the love, I've always wanted to show a detailed image of the history of Puerto Rico. I'm glad it's caught the eye. Thanks again.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 465
on 5 Jun 2014 9:51 AM

This drawing is done completely in ball point with some hints of color with a colored pencil. 

Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 465
on 5 Jun 2014 9:53 AM

I wouldn't mind at all and if you do or did get a tattoo of my work please show me!!! Lol

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS