challenge CHATTER !! Jan. 17 - Feb. 14, 2011

This post has 460 Replies | 8 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 8 Feb 2011 1:05 PM

Jen, nice color selections on your lizard.  Those guys live on our porch and are pests.

Holly, I always enjoy hearing from you on Mondays.  Thanks for the kind and encouraging compliments.

Bob, both those lemurs look suspicious and not necessarily cute and cuddly.  Great job with those eyes.  This must look really nice on the silk tie.  Love the Judge, too!  So many nice colors.  Eager to see the completion of the Western Diamondback.  Looks good so far. 

Hal, what a fabulous photo of the snake.  That would be fun to paint with all those beautiful colors.  My DH shares your opinion about lawyers.

My cataract surgery has been postponed again due to equipment failure at the surgery center.  It's now scheduled for March 2.  Someday, it may really happen.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 535
Points 9,625
halsart wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 1:13 PM

Sam that sounds pretty blasted scary.  Equipement failure at the surgery!!!!!  Thank God you weren't already under the knife.

Hal :  The Sunset Beckons:

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 8 Feb 2011 1:55 PM

Hal, they didn't say if it was a backup piece of equipment or one of several or what.  All I know is that I have to wait.

Those Interested in Viewing Beautiful Colored Pencil work should check out this site.  www.tommyhunt.com/index.html .

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 238
Points 4,985
Bob in SF wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 2:33 PM

Sammy - thanks for kind words, and many thanks for the link to extraordinary and inspiring CP portraits by Tommy Hunt!

- Bob

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 2:45 PM

Geez guys and gals. I had a LOT to catch up on and will never remember what everyone did, so: Kudos to everyone!!! I love the mariner, bears and brass lady, but a also like the others stuff that's been posted since Saturday.

Haven't been around since I am busy with family and packing. Spending a lot of time online looking about homes for where we are moving to. I got about 30 boxes packed or re-packed today. Got all my holiday stuff in one place. It's amazing how the tubs of specific colors were spread around a 3 bay garage.  I am not telling my friends in Missouri that we are coming back yet. I want to surprise them when we get there.  I am packing my art supplies last (Thanks Sandi for that idea!) and hope to have time to get some artwork done in and around all this packing and worrying about the move.

Kristina-

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso

C & C are always welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 199
Points 3,505
JeanE Frantz wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 2:57 PM

Holly & Sandi - Wow... thank you so very much for your comments on Hilary's portrait!  You're too kind!  A lot of love goes into a painting, no matter who the subject, but when it's your very own "creation".... it's just so much more.

Jean

Comments & Critiques ALWAYS welcome and appreciated!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 199
Points 3,505
JeanE Frantz wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 3:08 PM

Jen - Really great colors in your little lizard! Too cute!!

Jean

Comments & Critiques ALWAYS welcome and appreciated!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 3:40 PM

Ah - Kristina - I was so caught up in trying to make sure I didn't miss anyone's art work, that I totally skipped over your posts about you moving endeavors.  What a chore ahead of you.  Sounds like you have a good handle on getting things organized early so the last minute things don't sneak up on you as badly.  I have moved so many times in my adult life that I would hate to count - I used to think I couldn't clean house unless I moved - Embarrassed - not a particularly good attitude but during that time it certaily seemed to work out that way.  Keeping your art supplies free for use and packing them last sounds like a GREAT idea - glad Sandi suggested that for you. 

Sammy - I was all geared up to keep you in my thoughts and prayers for tomorrow's cataract surgery - now I have to re-schedule, too!  I know you will be glad to have that all behind you.  3 weeks is not as bad of a wait as it could have been.

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 3:55 PM

Holly and Kristina- I did not suggest the idea of packing your art supplies last. It's Jen who suggested it, I like to take the credit but can not do it because I love Jen too much. Don't want her to stop being my friend. Smile

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 5:36 PM

Right Sandi I don't want to be your friend anymore so there. I know Kristina likes you better than me and she keeps picking on me.I don't care anyway!Crying

Seriously Kristina make sure you not only keep out your art stuff but also your computer.  At the end of a day of packing and neatly labeling (on all sides so no matter which way up the moving guys  land your boxes you will still know where they go) you can pull up a box and sketch your progress and send it to us and all those unsuspecting folks in wherever you are going! ( I don't have it in front of me so can't remember) You will always have an ever changing subject to sketch so no pressure to find ref materials! You will also be able to practice all those lessons on composition Sammy has been teaching us as you have all those planes, and shadows and reflections on your boxes!! See moving can be a fun learning experience!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 5:58 PM

Jen - Cute little lizard. It's colors are beautiful. We in FL have seen hundreds of them. When I bought a new home here after moving from Colorado, first day I encountered one of these creatures in my closed in Lanai, I screamed my head off. In Colorado, we had never seen them even outside let alone inside the house. Now I live in a condo on fourth floor near the beach, there are no lizards, no lovebugs, no flies, no mosquitoes. Life is wonderful!

Bob - Ah..Lemurs "The Female Social Dominance" primates. Both mother and daughter do look suspicious, like they never trust any human beings. It's a good gift for a lawyer.The "Judge" looks serene and has an air of self-assurance befitting the recipient.

Bob and Hal- I believe if you guys go on about Lawyer's jokes, you both may be getting sued by some lawyers. Anyhow, good paintings and nice photos, you two.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 535
Points 9,625
halsart wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 5:59 PM

Can't we all just be friends?????? Big Smile

After all, Gus wants to be everyone's friend.  Here Gus is taking me for a walk.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 8 Feb 2011 6:09 PM

Hal, you have an adorable best friend there in Gus.

Jen, it didn't occur to me to tell you that you can use acrylic on CP.  If you have yellow acrylic ink or regular acrylic that can be thinned to a water media consistency, you can dab that on the stamens of your beautiful hibiscus with a tiny brush or toothpick.  I was thinking of you while I was dining tonight.

Sandi, when a neighbor first moved here, he was determined he was going to keep the lizards off the porch.  I had to laugh since it is impossible - they can squeeze into the tiniest openings around the door.  We are accustomed to them but I hate it when they get inside the house.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 6:19 PM

O.K. Show time- Here is my precious granddaughter's painting. I finally finished it two weeks ago but put it aside to make sure that I don't need to add or change anything.  I have considered about adding more values since I have been lurking at the Principles of Composition #2 Values and heard Sammy saying Push Push Push but I can't bring myself to put dark colors on her innocent face. I tried to darken her left cheek and side(our right) somewhat and lightened the opposite cheek more. That's all I can do Folks!

Right Hug Sandi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 535
Points 9,625
halsart wrote
on 8 Feb 2011 6:27 PM

Sandi, you have a fantastic piece of art there.   Your Grand Daughter is beautiful.

Page 27 of 31 (461 items) « First ...  < Previous  25 26 27 28 29  Next >  ... Last » | RSS