Pitbull Pet Portrait - He's a rescue dog!

This post has 10 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 700
Points 10,765
Trusted Users
Robin11 wrote
on 11 May 2010 2:13 PM

Here's a commission I had recently of a gorgeous pitbull.  The lady who rescued him commissioned it for the lady who adopted him!  He was really fun to do, but I am partial to pits, as my beloved Otto, who is 11, is one!

11 x 17 colored pencil on Mi Teintes pastel paper.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,221
Points 51,415
Margo5 wrote
on 11 May 2010 8:37 PM

Robin, this is a beautiful painting. I'm not sure that I would ever want to own a pit bull, but this one looks really cute and lovable.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Points 2,555
Dominique8 wrote
on 12 May 2010 3:15 AM

You have really captured the personality of the lovely animal. Beautiful!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,205
kickie68 wrote
on 12 May 2010 7:55 AM

Judy, this is fantastic.  Very cute exression. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 333
Points 4,645
Trusted Users
judyl40 wrote
on 12 May 2010 12:00 PM

Oops, I'm Judy. But I agree with you, kickie, this is great, Robin!

What a cutie. I've met some very nice pit bulls...  Smile

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 403
Points 6,565
Trusted Users
on 13 May 2010 8:24 AM

Beautfully done Robin!! And I love colored pencil on Mi Tientes - I use that combo a lot! Do you have any issues with “waxing” a month or so after you have completed your projects? I am currently using Prismcolors and I sometimes get that - particularly in the dark areas. Suggestions?

Looking forward to seeing your next masterpiece Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,205
kickie68 wrote
on 13 May 2010 12:47 PM

Judy, Robin, sorry for the mixup.    Robin I still think this is areally good painting.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 700
Points 10,765
Trusted Users
Robin11 wrote
on 17 May 2010 6:43 AM

Aw, thanks everyone!  I don't mind being mixup up with Judy!!  She might not feel the same!

As far as wax bloom, I have had this issue.  I wipe, leave it sit a few days, during which I wipe, and then I spray it with a fixative about five times. 

I also stopped using the wax "blender pencil" which I believe adds to wax bloom, along with thinner used to blend.  I blend with a brush.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
PitOwner wrote
on 17 May 2010 4:15 PM

Robin, this is FANTASTIC!

I'm wondering if you would allow me to share this portrait on my blog.

I'd be more than happy to add credit and any information that you would like to inform people of your services and contact information.

Please reply to ads[at]shoptheav.com

Utterly incredible! I LOVE IT!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 110
on 19 Jul 2011 8:38 AM

I'm a big fan of the breed and feel like I could just hold that sweet face. Something about it reminds me of all those old oil panting you see. I'm sure it was a joy to be part of that. I know I love doing something that I know will be a gift.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Babymama wrote
on 26 Dec 2011 10:32 PM

Hi Robin, Lovely painting! I paint alot of animal paintings. I just finished a 2 year commitment for my local shelter. I painted 100% for donations to our shelter. We are a small community and needed the funds. But~That's not the most important thing I have to tell you. Our Shelter Head is fabulous. Her name is Regina Wells. She is a very attractive 55ish Lady that works her way into dog fighting rings across the South. On one of her "busts" she rescued the bait dog. He had been in the ring for awhile. He is as gentle as a lamb.  He walked into my home, so that I could photograph him. My 2 old *** licked his face and my fat rescued cocker laid down with him. Regina took him to the Georgia State House. A law was passed called "Sherman's Law". We don't have to catch you in the act~all we need is evidence!  = you go to the pokey!!! We have the ability now (and resources) to differenceate between dog, human and other animal blood. Grown politicians cried that day. Thank you for what you are doing. Dottie in Georgia.  

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS