New to the community, looking for a bit of advice.

This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
Prophet710 wrote
on 21 Apr 2010 9:21 PM

Hello everyone, glad I actually found someplace like this. Here's the thing my drawing skills are quite lacking. I would really like to improve and I hear the best way is to practice. I'm starting up a routine to do at least 20 mins of drawing a day mostly gesture sketches and the like. My question to all of you true artists out there is, is this a good way to actually practice, I've been in college for about 3 years with a great deal of art focused classes and my skilsl, though having improved, aren't the best. Should I just keep practicing?-or-Are there different routines out there that I can focus on?

Another thing is shading, I hear most of art is shading, I suppose I'm not so bad, should I post some art here to get critiqued?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 261
Points 3,195
on 22 Apr 2010 7:20 AM

Hi, and welcome.

Suggest that you check out the responses to

My love for drawing is rekindling, but how can I draw better?

There are some excellent suggestions, including Betty Edward's books.  I found them to be very helpful, even though I really hate to draw.  It's my least favorite part of making art.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 190
Jules29 wrote
on 9 Dec 2010 6:58 PM

Hi! I am also new here. That's right we want to improve our drawing skills. I too am not a professional artist but I really want to draw. I am looking on the internet tips and tools that can help me improve my skills. I saw this one site and got my attention. See it for yourself man.  And feel free to post your works here. People here are kind. they will help you improve your works by giving positive criticisms. 

https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?cl=88711&c=ib&aff=147134" target="ejejcsingle

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS