Rekindling an old passion!

This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 97
Points 1,605
on 22 Jan 2010 8:30 AM

Hi Everyone:

My name is Bonnie and I live in Suffolk, VA.  When I was young, I had a passion for drawing.  During high school, I took as many art classes as I possibly could.  I ended up winning a small scholarship for Art School, but was never able to get to college.

Over the years, I've often tried getting back into the field, but everyday life kept getting in the way, kids, husband, work, house, etc.  I've always had it in my heart, and I'm finally at a stage in my life that I can hopefully get back at it!

For Christmas 09, my husband and good friend went in together to buy me a bunch of paints, pastels, oils, etc.., sketch books, watercolor pads, etc... and a portable easel!  I'm so excited about it, I finally feel like I'm back in my environment.  Although my skills have waned over the 25+ years, I still have the passion.  So I have begun the long journey of honing my skills again.  I've started with pencil sketching and also acrylics. 

So at age 46, I'm getting back on the road that leads to much inner satisfaction!  Wish me luck!

Follow your dreams...

Bonnie

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,159
Points 50,915
Margo5 wrote
on 22 Jan 2010 8:55 AM

Congratulations and welcome home.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 4,195
YSokolov wrote
on 22 Jan 2010 9:16 AM

Bonnie,

I hope that your endeavor into the art world will be full of inspiration and fun surprises! I wish you luck! And glad that you are back to doing something that your heard desires. Big Smile

YVS

http://tinyurl.com/yvsokolovArt

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,353
Points 49,360
Trusted Users
on 22 Jan 2010 10:55 AM

So exciting, Bonnie!  As you get to know this group of artists better, you will see that many, many of us are returning to art after years of putting art on the back burner.  Just stick with it and I know your talent and consistent work will reward you with beautiful paintings.  Sounds like you have someone special to encourage you.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 74
Points 1,095
newcraft wrote
on 23 Jan 2010 4:25 AM

Welcome Bonnie,  I too am new to the site and pretty much to the art world.  painted a few pieces years ago when kids were small and now as you have time to get back.  Unlike you I never had the talent.  I am reading eveything I can at the library all the time and buying books.  Just love the whole thing.  I use acrylics also only b/c that is what I used years ago.  I have since spurred an interest in pastels and hope to purchase some soon.  Well good luck to you.

Jeannette

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 261
Points 3,195
on 23 Jan 2010 5:38 AM

Hi Bonnie and welcome.

As others have said, you'll find as you chat in the forums that many of us are on a similar journey after years of being away.  Isn't it wonderful?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 246
Points 5,575
Trusted Users
on 23 Jan 2010 6:05 AM

Hi Bonnie and Welcome!

This is the place to learn, browse through the forums and you'll find answers to many questions you may have.  Great advice is here for the taking.

Good luck with honing your skills again, keep in touch and let us know how it's going.  Don't forget you can post images of your work in the members gallery.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 97
Points 1,605
on 25 Jan 2010 1:12 PM

Thanks Sharon.  It is exciting!  And yes, I have a very special man to encourage me!!  Thanks so much for the nice message.

Follow your dreams...

Bonnie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 97
Points 1,605
on 25 Jan 2010 1:13 PM

Thanks!

Follow your dreams...

Bonnie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 97
Points 1,605
on 25 Jan 2010 1:14 PM

Thanks so much!  I'm hoping the inspiration and skills come, and hope I don't get too hard on myself!

Follow your dreams...

Bonnie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 97
Points 1,605
on 25 Jan 2010 1:16 PM

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm very anxious about it all, and a little overwhelmed.  I will try to get some things posted when I actually do something decent!  ha.

Follow your dreams...

Bonnie

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS